David Tennant and Michael Sheen will star in 'Good Omens'

Silvermoth

Krakoan native
Reaction score
http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/neil-gaiman-good-omens-michael-sheen-amazon-1202522663/

Michael Sheen and David Tennant have been cast in the lead roles in the Amazon series adaptation of Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett’s “Good Omens,” Variety has learned.

The show is set in 2018 on the brink of an apocalypse as humanity prepares for a final judgment. But Aziraphale, a somewhat fussy angel, and Crowley, a demon, aren’t enthusiastic about the end of the world, and can’t seem to find the Antichrist. Sheen will play the role of Aziraphale, while Tennant will play Crowley. It will consist of six one-hour episodes.

Great casting! I loved the book. It's one of my favourites.

I agree. Really surprised it took this long to get adapted.

:lmao: Nick Offerman as the US diplomat. Perfect.

That's genius. We definitely need to see more of nick

Frances McDormand to Voice God in Amazon's 'Good Omens'

Oscar winner Frances McDormand is taking on her biggest role yet.

Fresh off her Academy Award for Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri, McDormand has been cast in the series regular role as the voice of God in Neil Gaiman's forthcoming Amazon scripted drama Good Omens. The news was announced Friday during Amazon's block of programming at San Diego Comic-Con.

Based on Gaiman (American Gods) and Terry Pratchett's (Colour of Magic) novel and penned by the comic book favorite, here's how Amazon describes Good Omens: "The end of the world is coming, which means a fussy Angel and a loose-living Demon who’ve become overly fond of life on Earth are forced to form an unlikely alliance to stop Armageddon. But they have lost the Antichrist, an 11-year-old boy unaware he’s meant to bring upon the end of days, forcing them to embark on an adventure to find him and save the world before it’s too late."

37488526_10156700692501617_4590368923211268096_n.jpg

Yaaaas god is serving some ms clavel realness on planet earth!

Can’t wait for a trailer to this

Dat artwork

Cannot wait! I’m delighted they’re adapting one of my favourite books so we’ll it looks like

What's the maximum number of thumbs up I can give a trailer?

And what a cast! Hamm, tennant. This is going to be iconic

Ha that’s superb.

I just realised though, this would pretty much have to be a one and done type series. You can’t really do season 2 without getting boring?

I can't really think of how you could do a second season and it not feel repetitve or take a completely different and pointless route.

It looks fantastic! Jon Hamm is so perfect for this

Ok sorry if this already has a thread couldn't find anything so should be ok.

Who so far has seen the trailer for Good Omen's which comes out on the 31st of May on Amazon Prime? It looks like its going to be one hell of a fun ride, who else will be watching it once it debuts?

Bumping the thread since another one was created

Every time I see a tv spot, I get excited. Can't wait.

Not sure if anyone's seen this yet, but David Arnold's opening title theme was released:

The cast is gonna be on Graham Norton in one of upcoming episodes

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"