Jessica Jones David Tennant IS... the Purple Man

As great as Krysten Ritter was, Tennant stole the show. Easily right up there with Loki and Kingpin in terms of best MCU villains.

Kilgrave was an amazing villain, putting most of Marvel's movie villains into the shade. The only MCU villains I'd rank as maybe better are Loki and Kingpin, MAYBE. But Kilgrave is certainly the scariest. There was barely a moment he was onscreen where my heart wasn't in my mouth worrying what he'd say, and that effect often carried over to when he was off-screen.

Kilgrave is amazing! He's one of the best Marvel villains ever! It's amazing that IMHO, that 2 out of Marvel's top 3 villains come from Netflix. Kilgrave is truly sick!

That's interesting. (note: as of now I still have 3 episodes to finish)

That's my favourite part of Killgrave. He's not evil. He doesn't have a master plan. He's not seeking out to be bad, or do bad things. He just does whatever he wants, and feels no remorse about anything.

Being a sociopath must be quite freeing.

Not sure if he'd be classified as anti-social personality disorder. He was far too emotional for a typical case of APD. He had certain APD traits, but I doubt he'd be diagnosed with a full blown case.

TOTALLY NOT AN EXPERT AT ALL, but from my casual understanding of personality disorders (gleaned from friends who are psychologists neurologists and enough interests to do some free time reading on the subject, so take this with a Lot's wife sized grain of salt), Killgrave seems more like someone who has borderline personality disorder, combined with a ramarkable talent for rationalizing his own behavior and denial.

Whoa! That's deep. :dry: But seriously, dude is crazy...............crazily awesome!! :awesome:

Testament to David Tennant that he can play a character who does some of the awful stuff that he does yet you still find yourself liking him.

I'm gutted they killed him off. I know it was the obvious way to go but you also lose such a great villain, he could easily have been just 'defeated' as he is an easy go to for later Netflix shows.

Testament to David Tennant that he can play a character who does some of the awful stuff that he does yet you still find yourself liking him.

Yeah, that's a difficult balance to pull off. I mean, he was a complete bastard and yet was always entertaining and at times even sympathetic. It could have very easily been a caricature full of mustache twirling and tired cliches, and probably got close a few times, but Tennant's performance was able to round it out to something more compelling.

Tennant was too scary as purple man. Too perfect. Often I felt like I was going to be sick watching him and knowing there are guys out there like him. I want very much to go back to marvels boring villains now.

The bit I hate the most and which is a true testament to tennants acting is when he screams at Jessica particularly when he says "now Jessica". No way could someone who loves someone for real talk to their partner like that. It's so scary for anyone who has been yelled at like that in close proximity because it's so scary you feel like doing it just in the hope the guy yelling will leave you alone. It's super scary. I'm glad no one has spoken to me like that since I was a kid

As great as Krysten Ritter was, Tennant stole the show. Easily right up there with Loki and Kingpin in terms of best MCU villains.

I wholeheardtedly agree. The MCU has been lacking in the villain department but Kingpin, Loki and Kilgrave are awesome.

I wholeheardtedly agree. The MCU has been lacking in the villain department but Kingpin, Loki and Kilgrave are awesome.

What about Thanos? He's only been seen here and there but he's been decent thus far..................as a guy who is just behind the scenes and threatening.

Kilgrave was the most disturbing villain from any piece of Marvel media for me

He was just as much of a sicko as the comic book version and everything about him and his abilities are nightmare fuel

The problem wasn't that he wasn't a good villain, but how he was used and how they dragged the story to be the whole season ruined it. His storyline could and probably should have lasted 7 episodes, but they kept padding things up and letting him go to keep the story going...it got boring and the end was very lack luster.

I do think one thing these shows could do with is a few minor villains so the plot doesn't feel too padded

Not a villain of the week every episode but a couple of smaller scale villains who couldn't really carry a plot on their own

Guys like the Trapster or the Wrecking Crew who aren't criminal masterminds or that dangerous but can be an obstacle to deal with for an episode or two

Not sure if he'd be classified as anti-social personality disorder. He was far too emotional for a typical case of APD. He had certain APD traits, but I doubt he'd be diagnosed with a full blown case.

TOTALLY NOT AN EXPERT AT ALL, but from my casual understanding of personality disorders (gleaned from friends who are psychologists neurologists and enough interests to do some free time reading on the subject, so take this with a Lot's wife sized grain of salt), Killgrave seems more like someone who has borderline personality disorder, combined with a ramarkable talent for rationalizing his own behavior and denial.

ASPD is often comorbid with BPD though if i remember correctly and those with ASPD can often be hostile,irritable and explosive which definitely describes kilgrave.

infact i think kilgrave was a better example of a fictional sociopath than most. he reminded me of those slimey pick up artist types...

Kilgrave and Kingpin are far and away the best villains in the MCU so far. This show really impressed me. I think it's easily the best work in the MCU. Well done.

The problem wasn't that he wasn't a good villain, but how he was used and how they dragged the story to be the whole season ruined it. His storyline could and probably should have lasted 7 episodes, but they kept padding things up and letting him go to keep the story going...it got boring and the end was very lack luster.

Got any examples as to why his story dragged out? As to why it was boring? As far as I'm concerned, such a compelling and interesting character needed 13 episodes. bad place, I think he needed more episodes than that. I can't fathom his part in the story lasting only 7 episodes.

Boring... what the bad place?

HrF1Dms.jpg

vZgIAiU.jpg

cTNwJ3o.jpg

DAbS4zY.jpg

Ha.

He was really amazing villain during all 13 episodes. I liked Tennant's performance. Top 3 marvel villain. I think we will see more of him later on. He needs to be included on whatever Marvel plans to do on Netflix.

Not bad, but a little too over the top for me. At times cheesy.

David Tennant did a great job as Kilgrave. He was interesting and amusing, yet also despicable and detestable. He made a very terrifying antagonist, while also showing multiple layers of emotion and character. Kilgrave is a villain you just love to hate.

Kilgrave was a creepy villain. But I didn't like that he was called Kevin, and that Kilgrave was just an alias. Why couldn't he have been actually called Zebediah? And they made out as if he picked two words associated with death: kill and grave. But "Kil" or "Kill" is quite common as an Irish surname: eg "Kilgore", "Killeen" or "Killarney". It could easily have been his actual name.

Killgrave is a real surname (I think it's most common in Cornwall).

I was pretty sure it was. Which is why I didn't like that they made it almost like a code name/ alias, like his super villain name.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"