Jessica Jones David Tennant IS... the Purple Man

Holy *****! This excites me. And I thought nothing about this show would excite me.

Had never thought of him for the role, but that's some great casting by Marvel!

Cast keeps getting better i wonder if be British or American on the show?

This is SUPERB casting. Like, wow! Tenant nailed the darker Doctor stuff, and I've needed to start watching Broadchurch, so.

Damn, this show is going to be dark though.

This is awesome news! :up:

Love the casting so far. Has gotten me much more excited for the series.

Wow, between Vincent D'Onofrio as The Kingpin and now David Tennant as Purple Man, it seems Netflix is where we're finally gonna be getting those great, scary MCU villains folks have been clamoring for.

This is interesting casting. Will there be any possibility of Daredevil encountering the Purple Man as well since he's originally a DD villain? If only they had cast him before, then he could've filmed a cameo for the DD TV series. I suppose he still could as the series can't be fully finalised at this stage.

I hope he has purple skin and actually calls himself the Purple Man.

Also, we need the title of this thread changed to David Tenant IS the Purple Man.

Wow, between Vincent D'Onofrio as The Kingpin and now David Tennant as Purple Man, it seems Netflix is where we're finally gonna be getting those great, scary MCU villains folks have been clamoring for.

And we'll be getting hours and hours of them, not just 40 minutes out of a 2 hour movie.

2015 will be a great year for Marvel villains - Ultron, Kingpin, Purple Man, and Klaw - Serkis is always great - and possibly even Yellowjacket. Strucker will probably be nothing special. Add in whoever shows up in SHIELD and Agent Carter... And it's a damn good lineup

How will Marvel distinguish Purple Man's suit from the Joker's without drawing comparisons? He needs to wear a purple suit though. I do not want Tennant simply as Kilgrave and not Purple Man.

How will Marvel distinguish Purple Man's suit from the Joker's without drawing comparisons? He needs to wear a purple suit though. I do not want Tennant simply as Kilgrave and not Purple Man.

His suits aren't always purple. In his last appearance he wore a brown suit. The main thing is that his skin is purple, and I hope that's maintained for his appearance here.

Yeah, skin needs to be purple not suit. But I don't think the suit alone would be enough either way to create confusion.

Anyway, I'm excited. I had suggested him for Maximus the Mad, but this could be cool too.

Dis beautiful casting tho. DIS BEAUTIFUL CASTIING DOE.

Seriously. Marvel, I love you.

Man, that is GREAT! David Tennant is awesome.

And now we have 2 incarnations of the Doctor in the MCU, both playing villains.

Great casting. Marvel has truly picked up the casting for their TV and Netflix show from the first season of AOS.

Has he had any overtly sadistic roles other than the Harry Potter one?

There was always something unhinged about Tennant, even when he was playing the Doctor, that could make me think, "Yep, he's crazy." The moments where he played the Doctor as more crazy, more arrogant were just great.

I think he has crazy eyes or something. Either way, this is perfect casting.

Starting to see this pattern where major fan favorites for certain roles are getting picked up by Marvel, though for different roles other than what they were fancasted for. So, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, you're next.

Who doesn't love David Tennant? :woot:

Now lets hope they don't waste this Doctor like they did the 9th. :)

Starting to see this pattern where major fan favorites for certain roles are getting picked up by Marvel, though for different roles other than what they were fancasted for. So, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, you're next.
Here's hoping! :D

But yeah, I like this casting.

Wendell Rand? I dunno, I wanted him for Doctor Strange but clearly thats not gonna happen now lol

So is David Tennant going to use a Scottish accent or an American accent for Purple Man? Or maybe Yugoslavian?

And what kind of hairstyle should he have? Should it be flopping down like Tennant's normal hair, or gelled up like Purple Man's?

I primarily know him from his work on season 1 of Broadchurch, where he was absolutely phenomenal. Great casting. The Netflix-Marvels series have been absolutely perfect in their casting choices thus far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"