Daylight Savings is bull crap.

I really don't see the issue, other than people forgetting it. It's an hour. Go to bed a half hour earlier, and get up a half hour earlier. Problem solved. It's one day of the year.

That's not my problem with it.

When it snows before DST, the sun still shines on my road long enough to melt most of the snow from it before I get home. I live near the top of a mountain, so it is a very curvy, dangerous road anyway. Now, when I get off of work on snowy days, the road freezes over before I get home and we all get stuck for up to an hour waiting for people to go down the road because it's frozen over.

So that is why I hate the time change this time of year....

Does that mean we should keep them? Tradition isn't always right or meaningful.

How cynical must you be to dislike more sunlight? :confused:

It's only more daylight in the morning for "fall back" time. During "spring ahead," it's fine. Now, though, when I come home instead of the sun just going down, it is dark out. It makes it real hard to commute on snowy days because everyone gets off work about 5, 5:30 and the roads will be frozen over. It sucks!

Last edited:
I live in Hawaii. We don't have to deal with DST at all here.

I see some Hypesters that need two extra hours of sleep.

Time changes cause pain and suffering in 2 out of 3 homes in America.

saw this thread and laughed my ass off

That extra hour caused me to oversleep and now I'm really tired. Thanks for nothing , daylight saving time.

It's time again.

Daylight Savings Time has ended. Back to standard time.

giphy.gif

I wish it was standard time all year in the US instead of damn DST 8 months out of the year.

Last edited:
I woke up an hour earlier today. :funny:;)

lol I was up an hour early too

It's daylight saving. SAVING! It's not plural! :cmad:

:cwink:

The only good thing is now when I get up at 6:30 it's light out.

^Yep, GAH.

Please, why is Daylight Savings Time so bad?
We get more sunlight.

:up:

Exactly. It requires little action from the person now 'a days anyway because digital clocks do it all for you.

Sunrise in NY will be at 6:33 am and sunset will be at 4:46 pm on Dec 21. No DLS it'd be dark before 4.

They should stick to Daylights Saving Time all year around. Standard time with its getting dark at 5 PM is for the birds. If they stuck with Daylight Time all winter it would be daylight until 6 in December.

Standard Time sucks.

Yeah, not the biggest fan of it being dark as s*** at 5 PM. Less sunlight makes me feel lazier as well.

Yeah, not the biggest fan of it being dark as s*** at 5 PM. Less sunlight makes me feel lazier as well.

Another problem is that if you have animals or pets, they operate on the summer time. They don't care that it is only 6 AM now instead of 7. As far as they are concerned, it is time to get up. And they want to go to bed earlier at night too.

Regular US business hours (ie. 9-5) don't mesh with Standard Time in the winter. It is dark before these businesses close and there is a wasted hour of daylight in the morning.

Look at the sunrise and sunset on the Winter and Summer Solstice. No DLS, sunrise would be at 4:30 am.

I'm now in Arizona, so I didn't have to worry about this.

That's why I have great respect for the state of Arizona. They don't believe in Daylight Savings Time.

Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

This **** needs to end. I hate it every single time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"