Days of Future Past Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
The first full teaser for X2 after the leaked comic con one come out in december of 2002 and film came out at begining of may 2003.

The teaser of last stand came out In december 2005 and film came out for memorial day 2006.

November/December Is logicil timetable for teaser based on past.

First time I saw the X2 teaser was before The Two Towers, and that was December.

I'm going to reserve judgement for how well Pietro works without Wanda until I see how they're actually going to use Pietro within the film. For all we know, he'll reference his sister who was killed by Sentinels, and it'll be part of his motivation for doing whatever he's going to be doing.

Enough of this jibber jabber. When is Fox gonna release that damn trailer? :o

OCTOBER PRE-TEASER: Website with a pre-teaser video or a short trailer shown in front of a film.

DECEMBER FULL TEASER: Most likely attached with the Hobbit as that's the audience FOX would like to attract. Another strong possibility is that FOX may want to jump-start early and give THOR the Full teaser in November.

FEBRUARY FULL TRAILER: Shown during the Superbowl or they would attach it to their Mid-February film "The Maze Runner" or Sony's "RoboCop" reboot.

That's just my assumption on the release of the trailers.

I've literally just sat here and it dawned on me that I am going to be seeing another X-Men film with the OT cast, I've been following this film from day one but it's only just sinking in it's all happening. :D

Hopefully in X-Men 5! :woot:

tumblr_m4awru0F4l1qa7gyjo1_500.gif

I've literally just sat here and it dawned on me that I am going to be seeing another X-Men film with the OT cast, I've been following this film from day one but it's only just sinking in it's all happening. :D

I know right!

Its the long awaited return of the OT cast! 8 years is a loooooong time!

I know right!

Its the long awaited return of the OT cast! 8 years is a loooooong time!

I have also just realized that I was 7 when the first film came out... I now feel old. Woah. And regardless of my feelings towards some of the X-Films, it does feel good to have the OT back, would be nice to have scott and jean back, heck I just want the 90's cartoon to be portrayed on the big screen, always have always will haha. They took liberties with it but it worked.

I have also just realized that I was 7 when the first film came out... I now feel old. Woah. And regardless of my feelings towards some of the X-Films, it does feel good to have the OT back, would be nice to have scott and jean back, heck I just want the 90's cartoon to be portrayed on the big screen, always have always will haha. They took liberties with it but it worked.

I was 14 when I watched X2 in the theater. I didn't watch X1 when it came out in theaters.:csad: Because it looked so different from the X-Men cartoons and videogames. But I instantly became a big X-Men fan when I saw X2.:woot: And since then I've been following news about X-Men movies!

The return of the OT cast makes DOFP probably the #2 most awaited film of my life! X-Men 3 being the first one and the #1 most awaited film of my life! So I really hope Simon Kinberg won't ruin this one. Because if he did, he ruined the top 2 most awaited films of my life!

DOFP is a movie, and movies cant be approach like a tv show, with one episode each week and a full season in two/three months.

These movies come with a 3 years gap, so the studio and director should take a different philosophy and consider certaing things in advance, and not waiting 17 years to introduce certain character/s.

Well you can't really use the "3 year gap" anymore, because the last 3 years have gotten us 3 movies (X-Men: First Class [2011], The Wolverine [2013], X-Men: Days Of Future Past [2014]), and X-Men: First Class was 2 years after X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

Enough of this jibber jabber. When is Fox gonna release that damn trailer? :o

It could come out tomorrow and it wouldn't be soon enough.

September 24th - just a random guess

Sep 9 is my bet, lol

Either of these dates are acceptable tho. I don't wanna wait anymore!!!

Well you can't really use the "3 year gap" anymore, because the last 3 years have gotten us 3 movies (X-Men: First Class [2011], The Wolverine [2013], X-Men: Days Of Future Past [2014]), and X-Men: First Class was 2 years after X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

In my opinion, the gap between these upcoming X-Men team films should be 2 years!

I'm going to reserve judgement for how well Pietro works without Wanda until I see how they're actually going to use Pietro within the film. For all we know, he'll reference his sister who was killed by Sentinels, and it'll be part of his motivation for doing whatever he's going to be doing.

I don't want her to have been killed by Sentinels. Maybe she and Pietro were separated while fleeing a Sentinel attack. We could be left thinking she has been captured or is in hiding somewhere, leaving open the possibility of her appearing in the next film.

Wolverine films don't really count as X-Men films to me. Not because they can't be great or that I don't love the character but one of the main things about X-Men is the team dynamic with everyone looking out for each other. I never really liked reading an X-Men issue featuring less than 3 characters. Spin offs will never interest me as much as core team films.

Same with me.

But Im really interested in X-Force. Team spin-offs are cool and expand the universe in a bigger way than a solo movie.

Wolverine films don't really count as X-Men films to me. Not because they can't be great or that I don't love the character but one of the main things about X-Men is the team dynamic with everyone looking out for each other. I never really liked reading an X-Men issue featuring less than 3 characters. Spin offs will never interest me as much as core team films.

Yeah I agree, I don't really see origins or the wolverine in the x-men film series, I see them as spin offs kinda like old man Logan and wolverines other solo titles. The X-men are a team through and through and more than that they are a family so for me it always loses something when they arent all together. It was done quite well in x2 for me when Logan came back from alkali we had storm and rogue greet him before jean and cyc and it showed they we all close knit. dysfunctional families always work better in my eyes haha

This may be an unpopular opinion, but I actually liked Psylocke's look in X3. They better re-introduce her in X-Force a la Emma Frost in FC. She's a rather popular character and she has a distinctive look. I hope she'll be the strong main female character of X-force. Zhang Ziyi would be perfect for the part. She has both acting and fighting skills. I'd rather have them skip the body swap/Revanche story line.

My guess for the first trailer date: november/december. September is just too early. However, they should give us a big new tease on that Trask website in the meantime. It's been a while.

I hope they don't do that pre-teaser crap.

A pre-teaser is just nothing. A complete waste. What would a pre-pre-teaser be exactly. Probably just someone on this forum typing "DOFP" within a post! Pre-teasers are pointless...get to work on extended footage and I can wait for that as long as it takes to make it look great.

Fox releases The Counselor in Oct, so it would be a good movie to attach the teaser trailer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"