Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - Part 11

Discussion in 'X-Men: Days of Future Past' started by Thread Manager, Aug 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lastairbender

lastairbender Well-Known Member

Im going to visit New york (Manhattan)for the first time..Im very anxious.. Is there a cool place to visit for someone who love cinema and super hero movies? like movie merchandising store or bluray/steelbooks store?

Thanks guys

2. javi1024

javi1024 DANGER ZONE!

You can probably try Midtown Comics in Time Square. They should have a ton of stuff.

3. JP

JP Smelly

Forbidden Planet in Union Square is also pretty great.

4. Iceman

Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

Is there still a massive Hulk statue in one of the NY cinemas? Remember there being one (& it was bloody awesome) when I went to see TDK. And there was a comic/merchandise shop nearby as I bought some graphic novels just before going.

5. henzINNIT

henzINNIT Well-Known Member

Fox were smart not to market the crap out of The Wolverine. It was a very delicate situation after they fumbled Origins so badly, and with some struggles during production I think it was smart to let the film open fairly quietly and speak for itself.

6. danoyse

danoyse Snikt. Stab. Repeat.

There's a place on 33rd (right across from the Empire State Building) that has a lot of cool stuff too.

7. Nell2ThaIzzay

Nell2ThaIzzay Well-Known Member

They don't really need to explain it, since Beast left the X-Men against at the end of X-Men: The Last Stand, so he wouldn't have to be around with the X-Men in the future.

Albeit, it would make sense for him to be around since society pretty much doesn't exist anymore, but it's not necessary for him to be there in the future.

8. TeeKay

TeeKay Well-Known Member

I'm glad Singer is giving other mutants a chance to shine. I mean Kitty's travelling back in time in the movie...Oh wait...............Why is Wolverine getting the spotlight again????:mad:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 6, 2013
  9. JP

JP Smelly

Because people like to jump to conclusions.

10. Iceman

Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

Advertising or not (of which I don't remember seeing any & I'm also in the UK), my friends & colleagues all know & talk about Man of Steel (whether they like it or not) & know about Iron Man 3. I've not heard one person talk about this Wolverine film and I almost forgot myself that it was coming out this year. That's not possible with most blockbusters, even the ones I'm trying to avoid! And people aren't going to get fatigued if they don't even know it's out.

We don't know how well his solo movies would do if done well and with high awareness levels as his 1st one was garbage and not of the level you would expect from a 1st solo Wolverine film. You couldn't judge Batman's box office potential if Batman & Robin had been the 1st Batman film.

11. Duran Man

Duran Man The Seventh Stranger

*spotlight

12. TeeKay

TeeKay Well-Known Member

fixed it :)

13. lastairbender

lastairbender Well-Known Member

Thanks a lot guys! javi1024 ; JP ; danoyse

14. icekid

icekid Well-Known Member

Not so great anymore since an awful Zumies took their location and it relocated a few doors down. The place on 33rd I think is best.

15. CyclopsWasRight

CyclopsWasRight Well, he was.

Because no one else is in the postition of being able in both time periods and not already connected to the events shaping history

16. danoyse

danoyse Snikt. Stab. Repeat.

Yeah, I wasn't too impressed with the new Forbidden Planet last time I was down there. The old store on the corner was great.

17. TeeKay

TeeKay Well-Known Member

That's a weak explanation -_-Eh it worked for Kitty Pride in the comics -_- Storm could do it, Beast?? Rogue??? Instead of them we get Wolverine again, will Fox ever stop ****ing him?? jesus, we need other mutants to shine. It's bad enough some of the mutant's powers have been watered down by Singer -____- And worse, those sentinels :facepalm:

Last edited: Sep 6, 2013
  18. SuperT

SuperT Boom Shaka Laka

Clearly you never read the original comic run. It worked for Kitty there because she had a youger self in the 70s for them to switch her mind with. That's the whole element of time travel being used here.

Seeing as there's no Kitty (or Rogue or Storm right now) in the 70s in the movieverse it's makes absolute sense that Wolverine is the vessel.

19. BMM

BMM Well-Known Member

Sounds about right.

20. Angamb

Angamb Well-Known Member

I feel u, teekay.... I feel you.

But you know what, as hard as it may sound, Im sure the franchise will slowly improve on that with the next movies. Fox and crew want to really expand the movie universe, so its just a matter of time that we start getting movies where Wolverine isnt the star, and at the same time, movies where he wont appear.

If Fox really plans to keep doing movies about the X-Men universe, like... lets say 4-5 or more movies, its highly unlikely Hugh stars in all of them, so.... as I said, its just a matter of time.

21. TeeKay

TeeKay Well-Known Member

I have read it imo. So Singer is deliberately deviating from the story line from the comics just to put Wolvie back in time??Well Singer should have casted an older looking Kitty and let her be the centre of attention once. I'm just tired of seeing wolverine getting the spotlight in every X-Men movie (except First Class).:o
    And as for those Sentinals. [email protected]*k Singer.

22. TeeKay

TeeKay Well-Known Member

I'm no hater or anything, I'm a huge X-men fan but the people at Fox need to let go of Wolverine. There are a lot of mutants out there. I wanna see them on screen without Wolvie being the centre of attention.

I liked x-2, it's a great movie without a doubt but some of the mutants powers have been powered down except for a few. Rogue was watered down a lot, Storm (wasn't until X-3 when she flew, correct me if I'm wrong), Jean *sigh*

I'm Glad Hugh Jackman said that Days of Future Past might be his last X-Man movie. I'm hoping that's true. And f*@k Singer for not making Cyclops the leader of the team -__-

23. Donut

Donut Well-Known Member

I think another reason they went with Wolverine is because of the age thing. If he got stuck back there. He wont age & get older as anyone else would & could just wait time out

24. Angamb

Angamb Well-Known Member

dont understand your point at all.

Wolverine is already in the 70's.... what influence will the time travel have in his aging?

25. Mulholland-Jr

Mulholland-Jr Well-Known Member

Don't be a fish...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.