Days of Future Past Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - - Part 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought TAS did a pretty good job of separating itself from the original three movies just based on the simple fact that Garfield/Stone had more chemistry together in the first film than Dunst/Maguire had in three movies put together.

me too, it was actually the first Spidey movie I really loved, I really liked the whole cast and the lead couple was spot on

Well, it's easier when you get a redo, but the expectations are quadroupled at that point. They just didn't make an ambitious movie and repeated the origin. It was basically on TIH level for me. Better, but not good enough.

Last time I checked, some big conspiracy involving the disappearance of Peter's parents isn't a "rehash." Oscorp being involved in all this nefarious activity isn't a "rehash." Electro being a major villain isn't a "rehash" neither is Rhino. Gwen Stacy being so important isn't a "rehash." The tone isn't a "rehash." Actually, Webb's serious sounds quite different when you put it that way. So stop with the "rehash" argument, because you clearly don't know what you're talking about.

Exactly. It may have went through his origin again, but they changed it up enough to where it didn't copy everything Raimi did.

If this rumor is true, I really don't have a problem with that ending to be honest.

TASM was the exact same movie that Raimi made 3 times with Tobey and Kirsten.

yeah, Peter's parents in original trilogy even looked the same as the TAS ones, same with their scenes. And they even used the same villain as S2 and S3

oh, wait

yeah, Peter's parents in original trilogy even looked the same as the TAS ones, same with their scenes. And they even used the same villain as S2 and S3

oh, wait

Don't forget how Gwen was a damsel in distress and didn't take any part in helping stop the villain like Dunst in all three films ...oh, wait. :woot:

Martin Sheen, Sally Field and Emma Stone were excellent. I didn't miss any performances from Raimi's trilogy. That last scene with Peter and May made me realize how much I love that movie.

That said, Raimi's SM2 is still damn good. X1 and The Wolverine - good for me.

Hey guys, is this the Spidey forum or the X-Men forum? :woot:

Oh yeah, sorry. Let me rephrase that:

ROGUE REALLY NEEDS TO FLY IT'S STUPID THAT SHE ISN'T FLYING AND WE NEED SCOTT AND JEAN BACK MAYBE ROGUE COULD FLY INTO THE PAST WITH KITTY'S HELP AND MAYBE TAKE OUT RATNER BEFORE 2006 AT THE SAME TIME LOL AND WHY ISN'T THE TRAILER SHOWING ANY SENTINELS AND WHAT'S WRONG WITH MYSTIQUES COSTUME IT LOOKS SO FAKE AT LEAST I READ IT'S A COSTUME IDK ANYWAY TOO MUCH WOLVERINE TOO LITTLE GAMBIT LOL

Back to the basics!

I don't view Rami's trilogy as highly as I do first 2 X-Men films so I didn't have
problem with new version.My concern was It being too much ultimate influenced with little 616 elements a concern I have with most marvel films from all
studios.The amazing SPider-man got spirit of both peter parker and Spider-man
right.

I see no reason to doudt Bamfer.Just because someone posts inside information on film or TV you don't like doesn't mean it's wrong.

I don't view Rami's trilogy as highly as I do first 2 X-Men films so I didn't have
problem with new version.My concern was It being too much ultimate influenced with little 616 elements a concern I have with most marvel films from all
right.

I see no reason to doudt Bamfer.Just because someone posts inside information on film or TV you don't like doesn't mean it's wrong.

Also don't mean it's right. But I believe it because his spoiler on Vietnam was too specific and very Singeresque, just playing off those politics and that whole backdrop. That's why I think it's legit. If he just provided the ending, I would say it was BS.

But the point of bringing up Spidey is that it was necessary for the longevity of the franchise. Frankly, I think the X-Men series has just about winded down, and Wolverine 3, X-Force, and perhaps FC3 will be all for a while. I don't think Fox will reboot until Marvel/Disney try to pry their hands. Or maybe it goes back to Marvel by then, you never know.

right.

My disbelief isn't because I don't like it. Its because I was here for X-Men 3 and I've seen everything that Bamfer is doing done in the past.

Maybe you weren't here for the discussions about Cyclops' new visor, different versions of the film shown at different screenings, different endings with Jean and Scott coming back to life, "set reports" of Omega Red, "set reports" of Cyclops in the final battle... its all been done. And people fall for it everytime. I will not.

If Bamfer had something more substantial to support him than just "I know an insider, its legit, just trust me" I'd be happy to believe him, even if I didn't like the news. But I will not believe someone blindly over the internet no matter how hard he stamps his feet saying he's right. I'd feel the same way about a rumor I DID like.

He was a mod too, right? And he's been here a while with no bad cred that I know of. Maybe he's right; maybe he's wrong. But he doesn't seem (to me, anyway) like someone who's out to tease our little fanboy hearts just for giggles.

Also don't mean it's right. But I believe it because his spoiler on Vietnam was too specific and very Singeresque, just playing off those politics and that whole backdrop. That's why I think it's legit. If he just provided the ending, I would say it was BS.

What's this Vietnam spoiler?

Oh yeah, sorry. Let me rephrase that:

ROGUE REALLY NEEDS TO FLY IT'S STUPID THAT SHE ISN'T FLYING AND WE NEED SCOTT AND JEAN BACK MAYBE ROGUE COULD FLY INTO THE PAST WITH KITTY'S HELP AND MAYBE TAKE OUT RATNER BEFORE 2006 AT THE SAME TIME LOL AND WHY ISN'T THE TRAILER SHOWING ANY SENTINELS AND WHAT'S WRONG WITH MYSTIQUES COSTUME IT LOOKS SO FAKE AT LEAST I READ IT'S A COSTUME IDK ANYWAY TOO MUCH WOLVERINE TOO LITTLE GAMBIT LOL

Back to the basics!

f1ejo9.jpg

If Bamfer had something more substantial to support him than just "I know an insider, its legit, just trust me" I'd be happy to believe him, even if I didn't like the news. But I will not believe someone blindly over the internet no matter how hard he stamps his feet saying he's right. I'd feel the same way about a rumor I DID like.

I respect that. We'll all know soon enough.

My disbelief isn't because I don't like it. Its because I was here for X-Men 3 and I've seen everything that Bamfer is doing done in the past.

Maybe you weren't here for the discussions about Cyclops' new visor, different versions of the film shown at different screenings, different endings with Jean and Scott coming back to life, "set reports" of Omega Red, "set reports" of Cyclops in the final battle... its all been done. And people fall for it everytime. I will not.

I shockingly don't care. At all. But I don't know what you could expect me to back it up with when I was told under the confidence I'd keep their identity safe? Think about it.

I shockingly don't care. At all. But I don't know what you could expect me to back it up with when I was told under the confidence I'd keep their identity safe? Think about it.

You don't care but you respond to it everytime.

If you really didn't care you wouldn't care that I say I don't believe you. But the whole "I don't care if you believe me" routine is par for the course for this sort of thing. No, your "not caring" is not shocking in the least. Its part of the playbook that I've seen a thousand times.

And everything you just said is the same thing that gets said every single time. Think about it.

You don't care but you respond to it everytime.

If you really didn't care you wouldn't care that I say I don't believe you. But the whole "I don't care if you believe me" routine is par for the course for this sort of thing. No, your "not caring" is not shocking in the least. Its part of the playbook that I've seen a thousand times.

And everything you just said is the same thing that gets said every single time. Think about it.

you best hope he isn't right because if he is you will have made a total fool of yourself right now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"