Days of Future Past Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - - Part 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was a lurker around here and other X-boards for about 10 years too. And back then things were so non-moderated and chaotic and.... glorious. Ha!

I remember those times. I primarily lurked until the lead-in to X3 after X2 happened. If anything the majority of what limited post count I have resides there. And then after the storm died down (relatively speaking) it was back to lurking for me and the occasional post.

Still some of the most vitriolic speak I've ever seen in some form about anything not life or death related.

I don't like this rumored ending. Not because it
would look like the OT/TW never happened

But because I would hate to see the next film
featuring Magneto and Professor X telling the X-Men what to do or not, and obviously they would get the most importance again next to Wolverine

Oh, trust me: the Hype was at its zenith in 2006-2007. I've been here for nearly 10 years in my current user name (and even longer in my previous existence at Spider-Man Hype!) and I can tell you: the best time of my Hype life was definitely in the post X2 days and through the arrival of X3. And so many of us are still here--weathered, worn out and more mature than ever. Now we know what to expect from this franchise and as a result I think our group's expectations are a bit more mature and tempered.

Exactly. I was on here back then as well (different username and defunct account) and we were all so excited and naive about X3. We expected too much and it meant we were let down badly. But is was fun to post.

After over-hyping myself on X3 I learned my lesson. And now my expectations for DOFP are so much more realistic and cautious. I've made sure I've found out as much as I can in the BTS info so I don't think characters are bigger than they are etc. I should be okay with DOFP.

In comments leaked from Empire Michael Fassbender reveals he will be sounding
more like Ian Mckellen In DOFP than he did In First Class

"I hope it's not too much of a weird switch, but in the first one it was a concern for me..and I actually kind of wish I did this [accent] the first time. Because at the beginning I was studying McKellen and doing that cadence...But Matthew kind of liked my accent and my rhythms...But on this one I listened to McKellen constantly. I had him on my iPhone all the time."

No matter what happens with ending we are again seeing signs of trying to
connect films better together with Bryan Singer directing.

what is mckellens magnetos accent thats so different to fassbenders magneto, i don't understand that

It's a subtle thing more than likely. They don't sound that much alike.

Well apparently Bryan Singer thought they could sound more alike than they did In First Class.

hopefully it is subtle, if its an accent thing singer could say magneto spent quite a few years somewhere and gained an accent, but i don't see the difference between the magnetos accents, voices yeah but that could come with age but accents no

Last edited:
Oh, trust me: the Hype was at its zenith in 2006-2007. I've been here for nearly 10 years in my current user name (and even longer in my previous existence at Spider-Man Hype!) and I can tell you: the best time of my Hype life was definitely in the post X2 days and through the arrival of X3. And so many of us are still here--weathered, worn out and more mature than ever. Now we know what to expect from this franchise and as a result I think our group's expectations are a bit more mature and tempered.

By the way, the worst Hype times were during the Catwoman Wars. Now that was a dark board of users. Oh, and the Great Exodus of Community Hype stars to Le Sigh (or whatever the bad place that board was named) LOL :funny:

Those were the dark ages, on the real. After X3 and Catwoman, I gave up on humanity for a while. Didn't fully come back when FC was coming together. But with DOFP coming out, it feels like old time, X2 times that is.

what is mckellens magnetos accent thats so different to fassbenders magneto, i don't understand that

Likely the manner of speech, inflections, they way emphasis is used or not, etc. Fassbender's voice for FC was a generally softer English accent (in tone and manner) than Mckellens, which does carry a little of his Lancashire roots at times as well.

And I would hope none of Fassbender slipping into his Irish accent (like he did at the end of First Class on the beach. Surprised they let that one go tbh, at it was rather obvious and a little distracting at a dramatic moment in the movie).

So it'll be be him trying to sound more like Mckellen this time round, which they openly admit he didn't with FC.

Likely the manner of speech, inflections, they way emphasis is used or not, etc. Fassbender's voice for FC was a generally softer English accent (in tone and manner) than Mckellens, which does carry a little of his Lancashire roots at times as well.

And I would hope none of Fassbender slipping into his Irish accent (like he did at the end of First Class on the beach. Surprised they let that one go tbh, at it was rather obvious and a little distracting at a dramatic moment in the movie).

So it'll be be him trying to sound more like Mckellen this time round, which they openly admit he didn't with FC.

hopefully its subtle and not full blown accent change like storm from X1 to X2

I hope Fassbender succeeds.

Here's the video Fassbender said he studied.

Last edited:

He wasn't slipping, it was deliberate. Vaughn liked Fass's natural accent and wanted him to use it more.
I think part of the idea was to show how much Erik was traveling, he didn't have one defined accent, he rolled between different ones without even noticing, English, Irish, French, German, etc. But in DOFP he's settling toward the Magneto we know from the trilogy.

And unless my ears deceive me, in the trailer, McKellan is throwing in some hints toward Fass's accent when he says "a darker path". If that turns out to be true it's a nice touch, his accent slipping a little as he recalls his earlier life.

That video was mesmerizing. I hope the more Ian-ish manner of speaking is lighter; a natural progression from FC.

I need some X-Forum love. Please help me out by clicking my signature!

(Sorry, dany! :o)

I don't mean to sound rude to Bamf, but has he provided reliable BTS information in the past? I really want it to be true but don't want to get my hopes up. I'm not saying he's lying... I just don't come around here enough to know who has given reliable information in the past. Does he have connections? :yay:

I don't know if he's provided reliable information in the past, but he's showing all the tells of someone who typically comes to the forum during times like these to spread the rumors.

And Bamf has been around long enough to know how to do it, and probably get a kick out of doing it.

I personally don't believe any of it. But others might.

Its a very possible ending, works with the time travel theory

He wasn't slipping, it was deliberate. Vaughn liked Fass's natural accent and wanted him to use it more.
I think part of the idea was to show how much Erik was traveling, he didn't have one defined accent, he rolled between different ones without even noticing, English, Irish, French, German, etc. But in DOFP he's settling toward the Magneto we know from the trilogy.

I didn't know it was deliberate. A bad idea then imo, as it didn't work (he never displayed any other accent when speaking in English, and I doubt there were many Nazi's hiding in Ireland). I found it a little distracting and didn't fit at all.

And unless my ears deceive me, in the trailer, McKellan is throwing in some hints toward Fass's accent when he says "a darker path". If that turns out to be true it's a nice touch, his accent slipping a little as he recalls his earlier life.

I dunno, maybe. It's one line and still sounds like Mckellen to me.

Well he said he saw the statue of liberty in 1949, maybe he moved to an Irish part of nyc

Magneto traveled to Switzerland, Argentina, the US, Cuba, Germany, and God knows where else. It's not too hard to believe that he may have spent some time in Ireland at some point as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"