Days of Future Past Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only one who thinks this news of a 2016 X-Men film all but confirms that Cyclops will be resurrected in DoFP? If Singer's goal was to "fix s***" from X3 and Origins, and clearly we need Cyclops for a proper Apocalypse film, it seems reasonable that DoFP will be a bridge for the character's future. We may possibly finally see Scott taking charge in this future war.

The more I think about this, DoFP is designed to reunite the OT cast to pick up where Singer left off in 2003 with X2.

I do wonder if Singer was lurking some of the online boards, as Apocalypse has been the major thing fanboys have been wanting to see as a follow up to this one.

Am I the only one who thinks this news of a 2016 X-Men film all but confirms that Cyclops will be resurrected in DoFP? If Singer's goal was to "fix s***" from X3 and Origins, and clearly we need Cyclops for a proper Apocalypse film, it seems reasonable that DoFP will be a bridge for the character's future. We may possibly finally see Scott taking charge in this future war.

The more I think about this, DoFP is designed to reunite the OT cast to pick up where Singer left off in 2003 with X2.

I don't detect a resurrection for Scott. I detect rejuvenation.

Yeah, as well as the rumour that Magneto will be a good guy and essentially never became a villain from 1973 on in the altered timeline. Isn't Magneto a good guy in AoA?

[YT]OYt78FWfa5M[/YT]

I am as far beyond mutants as they are beyond you.

As hammy as the show got, he got the best lines.

I actually do want the Rock considered for this, only because En Sabah Nur needs to be someone of a somewhat middle eastern/african ambiguous thing.

Eh, there are far better choices than Dwayne Johnson. He's come a long way but his acting still leaves a lot to be desired from me.

Could it be possible that f4 is set around the same time as FC ? if the actors are quite young it would make some sense to bring those two together whilst bringing the normal x-men and xforce together?

Fantastic Four being set in the same era as First Class would be perfect for that franchise and those characters. It's works far better for them.

Last edited:
Yeah, just don't whitewash him. I gotta draw the line at that type of casting, regardless of any "choose the best actor" rhetoric.

Yeah, as well as the rumour that Magneto will be a good guy and essentially never became a villain from 1973 on in the altered timeline. Isn't Magneto a good guy in AoA?

He is indeed, he and Rogue actually have a child...not sure that will work in the movie verse...

He is indeed, he and Rogue actually have a child...not sure that will work in the movie verse...
lol, I'm sure they won't incorporate that part. :oldrazz:

I don't expect a direct translation anyway. But those elements about the rumored ending support a potential connection to the AoA from the comics.

Last edited:

If it's based on age of where something changed the past and needs to be put right, then technically no it's not designed to pick up anything

Funny, the OT cast has less than a third of this film's screentime (according to director Bryan Singer) but you think the studio wants to, for some reason, bring them back for another 30 minutes instead of completing what they set out to do with this film in the first place which is hand the franchise over to the young cast?

Oh and that giant font really drives your point across, guy.

The young cast is now the official roster. So think of the Days of Future Past comic. The main lineup which was the 1980 lineup, is the young cast. You're saying the main lineup can't fight Apocalypse. But it was the main lineup who faced Apocalypse for a decade in the books after his intro in X-Factor #5/6, not the future X-Men in 2013 (2023 in the movie).

No matter how many times you say it, and how many different ways you say it, it does not make it true.
You don't know the final outcome, xDOFPx doesn't know the final outcome.
It really could go either way, with the FC cast or the OT cast. OR BOTH!

I know in your head you think you've got it all figured out but somehow everyone else on this board doesn't. :o

However, you know as much as everyone else on here. Sorry, guy.

I'm still not on board with the thinking that this will be a 100% adaptation of Age of Apocalypse. It would just seem redundant to do another time travel movie so soon after DOFP.

I could see this definitely being like Age of Ultron where they are just using the name because it's great but the storyline is completely different.

No matter how many times you say it, and how many different ways you say it, it does not make it true.
You don't know the final outcome, xDOFPx doesn't know the final outcome.
It really could go either way, with the FC cast or the OT cast. OR BOTH!

I know in your head you think you've got it all figured out but somehow everyone else on this board doesn't. :o

However, you know as much as everyone else on here. Sorry, guy.

Where's the giant font?

Listen, you're wasting both our times. If you're not gonna counter my argument with something I can actually debate with then don't bother replying to me. You're basically saying "you're wrong because I say you're wrong". You're not disproving my opinion with any factual evidence.

As of now, everything leads to the young cast taking over. Screentime, story, the ages of most of the OT cast...

Give me some legitimate proof of why they have a future in this franchise beyond Days of Future Past and I will agree with you.

The fact that Fox ditched a direct First Class sequel, and is bringing back the original cast after 8 years, because of First Class' inability to connect with audiences the same way the original trilogy did is as legitimate as you can get.

The fact that Fox ditched a direct First Class sequel, and is bringing back the original cast after 8 years, because of First Class' inability to connect with audiences the same way the original trilogy did is as legitimate as you can get.

The younger cast still got the majority of screentime. The OT cast's role here is more a crossover gimmick that serves the story than a sign pointing to the studio giving them back the franchise.

Remember, Fox could have done this movie without the younger cast years ago and chose not to. They never felt confident about a sequel to X3 and these 30 minutes in Days of Future Past are the closest we'll get to an X4.

Where's the giant font?

Listen, you're wasting both our times. If you're not gonna counter my argument with something I can actually debate with then don't bother replying to me. You're basically saying "you're wrong because I say you're wrong". You're not disproving my opinion with any factual evidence.

As of now, everything leads to the young cast taking over. Screentime, story, the ages of most of the OT cast...

Give me some legitimate proof of why they have a future in this franchise beyond Days of Future Past and I will agree with you.

And...that's still speculation, no matter how sure of yourself you are. That's what everyone is trying to tell you.

We have no official word on what the plan is. Right now all anyone can do is speculate on what that might be.

The younger cast still got the majority of screentime. The OT cast's role here is more a crossover gimmick that serves the story than a sign pointing to the studio giving them back the franchise.

Tell that to Wolverine, the original trilogy character, who will be accompanying the younger cast the entire time.

Remember, Fox could have done this movie without the younger cast years ago and chose not to. They never felt confident about a sequel to X3 and these 30 minutes in Days of Future Past are the closest we'll get to an X4.

And Fox could have chosen to do a direct sequel with the First Class cast now but chose not to.

And...that's still speculation, no matter how sure of yourself you are. That's what everyone is trying to tell you.

We have no official word on what the plan it. Right now all anyone can do is speculate on what that might be.

Exactly.

Well, on the flipside they could have done DOFP without even bringing back ANYONE from First Class, but not only did they bring the main cast back but the bulk of the movie is centered around them.

I don't think it really says anything about what X-Men: Apocalypse has in store though. It could go either way!

I don't think it was a connection thing. However, speaking to other OT cast fans at work during that time, we didn't want them going the prequel route. But over time FC has earned a place in my heart lol. I enjoy the movie.

Funny how things have turned out and brought us to this point.

people arguing about a movie that probably hasn't been written yet.

Well, on the flipside they could have done DOFP without even bringing back ANYONE from First Class, but not only did they bring the main cast back but the bulk of the movie is centered around them.

I don't think it really says anything about what X-Men: Apocalypse has in store. It could go either way!

It could have, but a crossover has more earnings potential than a standalone sequel to either. Regardless, my point is that there is very legitimate proof that Fox is not as confident moving forward with the First Class cast as Naji Assan would like everyone to believe. There is very clear evidence staring everyone in the face that Fox is not ready to let the original cast of characters go.

I don't think it was a connection thing. However, speaking to other OT cast fans at work during that time, we didn't want them going the prequel route. But over time FC has earned a place in my heart lol. I enjoy the movie.

Funny how things have turned out and brought us to this point.

Connection. Interest. Whatever. It failed to perform to the satisfaction of the people making the big decisions at Fox.

It could have, but a crossover has more earnings potential than a standalone sequel to either. Regardless, my point is that there is very legitimate proof that Fox is not as confident moving forward with the First Class cast as Naji Assan would like everyone to believe. There is very clear evidence staring everyone in the face that Fox is not ready to let the original cast of characters go.

Connection. Interest. Whatever. It failed to perform to the satisfaction of the people making the big decisions at Fox.

If FC failed to perform, you have X3 and XMO to thank for that. And on a critical stand point, it was very well received.

I think they will let them go. They're old as hell and the FC cast is under contract for more films. Ian McKellen is 74 years, Patrick Stewart is 73...it's time for them to go off into the sunset.

Do you guys really think the studio would be stupid enough to replace Michael Fassbender, James Mcavoy and the biggest star on the planet in Jennifer Lawrence for Shawn Ashmore, James Marsden and Anna freaking Paquin? Don't be ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"