Days of Future Past Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I must be the one of the few who are wishing that most of this movie will indeed take place 73' as reported.

I'm not all that interested in this basically being X4, especially when its likely that Hugh will be shoved down our throats again, and especially since its highly unlikely that they'll have enough time to rectify certain mistakes from Last Stand

I think the focus will be on the FC group and that the original trilogy cast will be no more than extended cameos to show how bad the alternate future is.

Then why are only 4 first Class actors confirmed and with James Mcavoy slip we have about 8 OT actors In film.That's a lot for extended cameos.

That's a lot for extended cameos.
Exactly.
Are they going to cram all those 8 (or more) actors together in 40-60 minutes and give the rest of space and focus to the First Class cast? I don' think so.

What does the amount if characters have to do with importance?

Notice so far we've only heard of McAvoy, Lawrence, and Hoult getting the script, while the OT cast have only "read a treatment" or "heard talks about" their roles.

I just don't understand how we can CONSTANTLY get quotes and details that prove how important and essential McAvoy and Fassbender are and people will continue to believe the contrary.

I think it's a mixture of rumors certain FC cast members are not returning, those bs rumors on screentime arguments, a large future cast with A listers being hyped, people would rather see the future cast, and no hype has been brought on for the FC cast.

No doubt the 73 stuff will play an important role and Xavier/ Mags will be the focus. That seems confirmed. It does look like there may be longer future scenes then everyone thought. Who knows really. I think once more FC actors are announced that will probably switch opinions again.

1 hour ago:

Lauren Shuler Donner ‏@ShuDonner
RT @brendonconnelly When Bryan Singer Convinced Me That Apocalypse Is The Villain Of X-Men: Days Of Future Past http://bcool.bz/WXhpFG

Then why are only 4 first Class actors confirmed and with James Mcavoy slip we have about 8 OT actors In film.That's a lot for extended cameos.

thing is james has only mentioned big names from the original trilogy

anyone from first class aint really that well known were they, unless they are new characters singer has added in which case we havent heard about them yet

Noone Is saying Mcavoy and Fassbender aren't Important and Essential to film.If 1 hour and 20 minutes to 1 hour and 30 minutes of 2 hours(not counting credits) are In 1973 and only 30 to 40 Minutes In future why are only Lawrence and Holt announced as coming back from first Class.Dinklage Is probally In that part of film,and It's possable Sy Is as well.That still leaves more set for future than past.I used to think they were just waiting to announce more first Class actors but at this point you have to wonder If there are anymore coming back why aren't they announced or someone slips up and says something.

As for those who just well they will just bring In teenage Cyclops,Jean,and storm they are forgetting Singer's I am respecting all films comments.

JP said:
I just don't understand how we can CONSTANTLY get quotes and details that prove how important and essential McAvoy and Fassbender are and people will continue to believe the contrary.
Which details?
So far I have seen Digital Spy talking about the importance of Magneto, Singer ellaborating a bit and that was it.

I don't know why you're always trying to force people to believe they are wrong or how stupid they are when they have doubts about certain issues. There is nothing clear and defined about the movie so far, unless you've read the script and you know something we don't know.

I really liked FC overall But I'm one person who is much more interested in the OT cast/characters&scenes,I would totally be pleased IF this is more X-Men 4 than FC 2,Would be into FC more IF it was a compete reboot than a prequel.

However..I liked FC enough that I'd also be fine IF the FC stuff is a focus and the future stuff are glorified cameos.

for me the OT cast are abit uneven anyway at the moment, wolverine is the out of place rebel who acts as leader, storm is the yes i'm the leader so what do we do now logan? and the others are the young mutants in training

Which details?
So far I have seen Digital Spy talking about the importance of Magneto, Singer ellaborating a bit and that was it.

I don't know why you're always trying to force people to believe they are wrong or how stupid they are when they have doubts about certain issues. There is nothing clear and defined about the movie so far, unless you've read the script and you know something we don't know.

Well for one, you've spent the last few years doing nothing but complain about First Class and how underused poor James was, so I don't understand how you suddenly love and care about the FC characters. But that's neither here nor there...

But what I just don't understand is why when we constantly hear something about the FC stuff in this film, people ignore it. When we hear the slightest thing about the OT people scream and cry. :huh:

the talents of the 4 characters from first class shouldn't be wasted, i'm sure singer knows that

But there will most certainly be more than 4 principals from FC, right? I think people are focusing on the big actors' names. For example, are characters like Angel or Azazel going to return? Moira?

Singer himself already confirmed a while back that there were still announcements that were going to be made in regards to the First Class team because common sense would tell you that there's no way it's only going to be Prof. X & Beast vs. Magneto and Mystique in the 70's.

That would just be silly.

How do I common sense?

Singer himself already confirmed a while back that there were still announcements that were going to be made in regards to the First Class team because common sense would tell you that there's no way it's only going to be Prof. X & Beast vs. Magneto and Mystique in the 70's.

That would just be silly.

Of course not.That still doesn't change the fact that we are a few weeks away from filming and yet only 4 first Class actors are confirmed.With exception of Peter Dinklage and Omar Sy(depending on who he Is playing) all the announcments have been on OT returnes after the first announcements.
After awhile you have to wonder why that Is.having a bunch of new faces for a crossover event doesn't seem likely If they are trying to copy the avengers.

But all the major characters from FC have been announced. Everyone who hasn't was either a small supporting or tiny thankless role. The FC will consist of the "new younger characters" Singer mentioned.

Of course not.That still doesn't change the fact that we are a few weeks away from filming and yet only 4 first Class actors are confirmed.With exception of Peter Dinklage and Omar Sy(depending on who he Is playing) all the announcments have been on OT returnes after the first announcements.
After awhile you have to wonder why that Is.having a bunch of new faces for a crossover event doesn't seem likely If they are trying to copy the avengers.

you say that but alan cummin hasn't been announced so either james got it wrong or there is still more to announce

April shoots seems to be for scenes for future timeline. So if 70's scen es start on May, we still are two months away to cast 70's characters.

Exactly.
Are they going to cram all those 8 (or more) actors together in 40-60 minutes and give the rest of space and focus to the First Class cast? I don' think so.

Or how about the more logical answer they're going to be new mutants on the '73 X-men to round out the new team?

The movie takes place 11 years after FC. Do the actors playing Havok and Banshee look 11 years older than FC?

I don't think so. Beast and Mystique are under make-up.

What sense would it make to announce a bunch of unknown actors playing New mutants?

April shoots seems to be for scenes for future timeline. So if 70's scen es start on May, we still are two months away to cast 70's characters.

Your wrong about that.Anna Paquin Isn't available till June thanks to True Blood.
Has It been Said When Hugh Jackman wraps Prisoners?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"