Days of Future Past Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope so. Mags could come in very useful against those big robots.

I'd rather he had his helmet on, it makes the character (and McKellen) look more threatening...

However, we will at least see a helmeted Magneto in the past...

Interesting quotes. :wow:

Sleeker clothing? No helmet? That's it, Magneto is wearing a onesie. lol

No helmet for McKellen?

Sad :csad:.

I thought the no helmet could be that he is in prision...

but a more elegant costume would be kind of weird on a prision/concent. camp with random mutants there, looking dirty, tired and all of that, lol

Well, isn't the primary purpose of the helmet to shield his mind from mutants with telepathic abilities? Well, Xavier's "dead" and so is Jean, so his principal enemies with long range telepathy are non-factors. And perhaps any remaining mutants with psionic output haven't regained their abilities from the cure...

I hope it's because there is no immediate telepath threat for him so he has no need for the helmet. Don't want to see McKellan's Mags depowered. I'd prefer they ignored that aspect of X3.

I wouldn't be surprised if most known telepaths were the first to be killed.

But clearly Patrick's Professor X is back. Confusing. I just doubt they'd get McKellan back to have his character depowered. I'd say its maybe because he's imprisioned in DOFP.

If Xavier is communicating with Ian (and everyone else) from the Astral Plane then I seriously doubt that helmet will be of much help to Magneto anyway. That's an entirely whole new level of psionic activity. It's like trying to bar the Dark Phoenix with it...not gonna happen.

His helmet has zero to do with his powers. You guys realize that, right?

His helmet has zero to do with his powers. You guys realize that, right?
From a purely aesthetic point-of-view, helmets make everything better. Magneto is no exception.

I wouldn't be surprised if most known telepaths were the first to be killed.

Xavier was walking (using some sort of metal leg braces) and all other telepaths had been killed in the Wolverine and the X-Men story Future X, which was that show's version of DoFP.

[YT]Bkcbzfx9hXA[/YT]

Yup. And everyone should watch that series because it's fantastic. :o

I think maybe in this future, all mutants are united because Humanity and their sentinels are the enemy. So for Magneto, telepaths are his allies, and hence no need for the helmet.

Well I consider it the best animated version of X-men>It wasn't perfect.Some here would complain on title alone.

Well I consider it the best animated version of X-men>It wasn't perfect.Some here would complain on title alone.
I wish folks would look past the title, because it's seriously my favorite X-Men animated series to date.

I'd rather he had his helmet on, it makes the character (and McKellen) look more threatening...

However, we will at least see a helmeted Magneto in the past...
Yeah, I'd prefer it.

I agree 100 percent.They did good job of taking characters,and events from X-Men mythology and use them.Unlike X-men 1990's It actully had changes to lineup over the course of show.Having Nightcrawler and Shadowcat as Important characters alone sells It over It.And unlike X-Men Evolution It could be more what you expect from X-men.They took elements frm my favorate time In X-Men comes-1975-2000 era,Phoenix was inspired by ultimate take,some elements from 2001+ era of comics,and Rogue without MS Marvel powers was probally Inspired by films.Their take on Bishop was much better.Unlike 1990's show Magneto was consent threat and had followers.It's the only X-Men animated I own on DVD.

W&XM was fantastic. they managed to successfully weave original stories and concepts with classic pieces while creating something fresh and new. It and the 90s series will easily always be my favorite. the 90s is still a great cartoon, it's just not a serial like WXM was, WXM mastered a way of story telling imo even though there were some major departures from the books at times. it was forgiven

From a purely aesthetic point-of-view, helmets make everything better. Magneto is no exception.

I love that Magneto helmet... but I remember he did manage to be pretty badass without it in many scenes of the earlier trilogy. Such as when he went into Senator Kelly's cell and ripped off the window bars, when he escaped his own plastic prison cell, when he stopped the X-jet from smashing into the ground, when he ripped the metal door off the room where Mystique had locked herself from Stryker at the dam.

So he doesn't NEED the helmet to deliver awesome action...

W&XM was fantastic. they managed to successfully weave original stories and concepts with classic pieces while creating something fresh and new. It and the 90s series will easily always be my favorite. the 90s is still a great cartoon, it's just not a serial like WXM was, WXM mastered a way of story telling imo even though there were some major departures from the books at times. it was forgiven

Agreed. :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monke77
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"