Days of Future Past Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the 1970s is going to be the best character in the movie. :up:

The new pic hints at DOFP takes place In early 1973 before the pullout from
Vietnam.

If there Is a secret history In film and tieIn to Watergate It could be secret slush fund that was suspose to be used for Illegal activates against the democrats were used as part of secret actions with the so called "Mutant
threat"

Now If time travel Is done with mind switch with Wolverine that kinda of
conterdicts Origins

Well there was report of most of film taking place In 1973,and the future scenes
could only take say 30 minutes of a 2 hour film,not counting credits,

Interesting about the Wolverine mind swap point. If there is a mind swap that is irreversible, he would never go through with the Weapons X project. He would leave the gig after Vietnam, and never go through with Stryker's plans to join a group of mutant killers. It would definitively end Jackman's take on the character, and pretty much the character itself, unless of course there is another way he gets adamantium. For that reason, I don't see it being a mind swap with 70's Wolverine. Although given the grounded setting Singer has provided, physical time travel would push the envelope a little too far on the sci-fi side of things. If there is a mind swap, I see it being temporary. More than likely it is physical time travel.

It looks like Gregory Itzin is playing Nixon, he played President Charles Logan on 24. He does have the look of Nixon. I also spotted Michael Lerner in the picture on the couch. I wonder if he will be playing Kissinger.

It looks like Gregory Itzin is playing Nixon, he played President Charles Logan on 24. He does have the look of Nixon. I also spotted Michael Lerner in the picture on the couch. I wonder if he will be playing Kissinger.
That would be too perfect. Love that man!

dont ruin the movie experience!!

take it as speculation, and enjoy the trailers

Wait, what? I missed something... Can you please tell us in spoiler tags what you're referring to?

Please. :csad:

That would be great to see him as Nixon.

One of those on couch looks like he could be Kissinger In film.

Intresting thing Is In DOFP we actlly have actors as historical characters.In
first Class It was mostly newsreels exxcept forthe CIA director suspose to b John Mccone who was CIA director after JFK fired Allen Dulles after Bay of pigs during Kennedy and Johnson White Houses.

Yeah he was great as the evil President Logan and has been great in everything I have seen him in. It would be fitting if it was him.

Casting President Logan as Nixon would be Brillent on Bryan Singer's part

Yeah, and now I'll be disappointed when it turns out to be someone else. :cmad:

I'm not sure if I like this connecting real-life events to the history of the X-Men again.

Anyway, I saw this picture from Lauren Shuler Donner's twitter
eYLUHQ4.jpg

One possabilty Is that In Days of future past we will see how the X-Men men world broke off from real history.Maybe In 173 IS when public became aware of Mutants.

I'm not sure if I like this connecting real-life events to the history of the X-Men again.

I don't mind using real-world events. It gives the story authenticity and makes it interesting and relatable. Also it's an obvious thing to do if going back in the past. Setting a story in the past but ignoring real history would seem weird.

not to mention that the historical background is one of the things many critics and viewers liked about FC.

It makes the movie more adult oriented, with a smart take, and less for kids. Lets say that the movie had elements to please all type of audiences.

Superpowers, x-men, colorful costumes, talented cast, and historical events. Its like the perfect formula.

Interesting about the Wolverine mind swap point. If there is a mind swap that is irreversible, he would never go through with the Weapons X project. He would leave the gig after Vietnam, and never go through with Stryker's plans to join a group of mutant killers. It would definitively end Jackman's take on the character, and pretty much the character itself, unless of course there is another way he gets adamantium. For that reason, I don't see it being a mind swap with 70's Wolverine. Although given the grounded setting Singer has provided, physical time travel would push the envelope a little too far on the sci-fi side of things. If there is a mind swap, I see it being temporary. More than likely it is physical time travel.
I think it would be more interesting if Logan still willingly joined Stryker and underwent the adamantium bonding process hoping that it would lead him on the path to meet Jean, possibly saving her.

I checked the Days of future past wiki page and while It can be edited by anyone there Is Intresting rumor there.Lucas Till Is listed In cast.

Now Peter Dinklage,Omar Sy,Booboo Stewart,and Adan Cato are all listed as
to be announced characters.

It should be noted than unlike Rose Byrne,January Jones,Jason Flemyng,and
Caleb Laundry Jones he never siad he wouldn't be back for DOFP.

At least wiki Is better than Internet movie database edit which has Peter rumored as Puck:doh:

That's hilarious and awesome.
From what I've seen so far, I have a feeling this film will have some tremendous cinematography.

Who is the DP?

Pietro is there too! look at the right side on the bottom!

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back