Days of Future Past Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
And thats the one of the reasons why a lot of casual viewers who saw the original trilogy didn't watch Origins/First Class and probably will not watch the Wolverine/X-Force.

And yet Origins earned more than 80 million dollars at the opening weekend.

And yet you keep using Origins as a argument for your side saying that it was a sign of failure, but here you are saying that it was successful. So which is it?

Okay, then we should wait for The Wolverine, Deadpool and X-Force to underperform at the box-office before they decide when will they decide to stop releasing spin-off movies.

If TWO movies didn't earn more money than the original trilogy its already a big sign that the mainstream audience are more interested watching X-Men movies featuring the original cast.

And we know Psylocke, Polaris, Magik are as popular as Wolverine to mainstream audience.

They could just introduce these characters in a X-Men 5 movie.

Ok, seriously, do you not see how ridiculous your logic is? TWO movies are almost NEVER going to outgross THREE. Stop using that because you are clearly just saying that to try and skew the argument in your favor.

How bout you just not see the god-damn movies, and keep your attention solely on DoFP? Even though that's technically a sequel to a damaging prequel you apparently don't like... And you have a The Wolverine avatar as well. :huh:

And yet you keep using Origins as a argument for your side saying that it was a sign of failure, but here you are saying that it was successful. So which is it?

Obviously Origins got more than 80 million with the help of X3's popularity. I don't think people really hated that movie. Once Origins was finally released, the interest for more X-Men films went downhill.

Anyway, I'm done arguing with you for today.

How bout you just not see the god-damn movies, and keep your attention solely on DoFP? Even though that's technically a sequel to a damaging prequel you apparently don't like... And you have a The Wolverine avatar as well. :huh:

Just because I don't think a movie will not be as successful as the original trilogy. It doesn't mean I will not support it. I want all of the X-Men movies to be very successful but realistically, its not gonna happen, not all X-Men movies are going to be huge at the box-office. Thats why I want FOX to just release X-Men movies that has the most potential for success.

Last edited:
Okay, then we should wait for The Wolverine, Deadpool and X-Force to underperform at the box-office before they decide when will they decide to stop releasing spin-off movies.

If TWO movies didn't earn more money than the original trilogy its already a big sign that the mainstream audience are more interested watching X-Men movies featuring the original cast.

And we know Psylocke, Polaris, Magik are as popular as Wolverine to mainstream audience.

They could just introduce these characters in a X-Men 5 movie.
Ok your sarcastic comments are uncalled when im trying to be nice to you. Just because someones disagrees with you dosent mean you can come at them like that. When did I EVER say that Psylocke etc were as popular as Wolverine I never did I said those are characters I would like to see introduced into a movie, yes they can be done in x4 but Magik started in New Mutants, Polaris was prominent in XFactor as well as Psylcke was included in both XMen and Xforce, I said its nice to include them in other movies other than X4 to give room for others like Storm,Shadowcat,Rogue,Iceman to be better fleshed out. You are missing my point thinking I dont wanna see an X4which I do, I would like to see an Xforce as well.

Obviously Origins got more than 80 million with the help of X3's popularity. I don't think people really hated that movie. Once Origins was finally released, the interest for more X-Men films went downhill.

Just because I don't think a movie will not be as successful as the original trilogy. It doesn't mean I will not support it. I want all of the X-Men movies to be very successful but realistically, its not gonna happen, not all X-Men movies are going to be huge at the box-office. Thats why I want FOX to just release X-Men movies that has the most potential for success.
Until you actually see XForce underperform then you can say that it dosent have the most potential. Xforce is not Orgins or FC so it deserves a chance just like X4 would.

And X3 dropped like a rock in its second weekend because audiences didn't like it...despite it having the original cast.

Origins earned $80+ million on its opening weekend despite being readily available on the internet a month before it opened, showing that audiences were certainly interested in a spinoff film. But like X3, it also dropped like a rock in its second weekend for the same reason - the audience didn't like it.

It was a combination of X3 and Origins that dropped interest in the X-Men films. They just weren't good movies. But despite underperforming, First Class did manage to get that some of that goodwill back from the fans, and if what we're hearing about The Wolverine is true, that movie will help towards the same.

Good spinoffs and team films will do well, even if they move beyond the original cast.

:bow: Thats all I have been trying to say,maybe i was giving my point the wrong way.

This was starting to become less of a DOFP thread and more of direct connection to the psychic network, with all the predictions going on here...

So then what in bloody bad place is the problem?

We all want an expanded universe. We all want Fox to put focus on other characters. They've been doing that since First Class and yet you say you don't want it!

eKM2upp.gif

Like I said in the X-Force thread:
I'm pretty sure Liefeld wasn't saying a Magneto movie is happening. He was basically telling fans not to get their hopes up until X-Force starts shooting because look what happened to the in-development Magneto. Meaning, it didn't happen.

What the bad place has happened to this thread

I'm pretty sure Liefeld wasn't saying a Magneto movie is happening. He was basically telling fans not to get their hopes up until X-Force starts shooting because look what happened to the in-development Magneto. Meaning, it didn't happen.
This. I said this a few pages back too.

They will never really catch up with Marvel films if they release movies for lesser known characters and teams like Deadpool, New Mutants, X-Force, X-Factor. Spidey and MCU films will just keep outgrossing those spin-off movies. X-Men lost their momentum when the prequels were released.

The X-Men featuring the original cast IS their biggest asset. The box-office numbers of the original trilogy and the hype for DOFP are big evidences for that.

They don't need to branch out just because MCU is releasing tons of movies. MCU and X-Men are different. MCU has Iron Man, Avengers, Hulk, Captain America, Thor and their smaller characters can easily establish their own identity and I can't say that to X-Force, New Mutants, Deadpool, X-Factor, a Magneto movie, a Wolverine movie and a First Class movie. They will be seen as X-Men spin-offs and they will be marketed as X-Men spin-offs.

Look at what Sony is doing with Spidey, they will just continue to release sequels. They aren't trying to release a spin-off movie for lesser known characters like Venom, Green Goblin and Mary Jane Watson.
I've said this to you before in the FF thread already, but Deadpool is NOT a spin-off of X-Men, and teams like X-Factor and X-Force all serve a completely different purpose than X-Men. As I said before, what you're saying is tantamount to all the solo films in the MCU being spin-offs of Avengers.

And Sony isn't making spin-offs of Spider-Man because it isn't possible right now. The only character in Spidey comics that could even begin to hold a movie on its own is Venom and it will take them time to introduce him. Spider-Man is a singular character and property, as such it doesn't lend itself well to spin-off movies. X-Men is about a team of characters and a civilization, and while there are no where near as many characters that can hold their own film as characters on the Avengers, characters like Deadpool and Wolverine CAN hold their own and different teams like X-Factor and X-Force ARE viable properties to make.

Fox would be (and has been) underutilizing the property if they stuck to just releasing X-Men films. Just like if they manage to keep the FF rights they would be underutilizing the property if they don't make a Silver Surfer franchise out of it.

So then what in bloody bad place is the problem?

We all want an expanded universe. We all want Fox to put focus on other characters. They've been doing that since First Class and yet you say you don't want it!

I just prefer to see the X-Men film series to be really successful.

And I feel like spin-offs are just dragging down and holding back the series.

And FOX can always expand its universe by releasing sequels to the original series every 2 to 3 years. Thats what Sony is doing to Spider-Man.

I've said this to you before in the FF thread already, but Deadpool is NOT a spin-off of X-Men, and teams like X-Factor and X-Force all serve a completely different purpose than X-Men. As I said before, what you're saying is tantamount to all the solo films in the MCU being spin-offs of Avengers.

And Sony isn't making spin-offs of Spider-Man because it isn't possible right now. The only character in Spidey comics that could even begin to hold a movie on its own is Venom and it will take them time to introduce him. Spider-Man is a singular character and property, as such it doesn't lend itself well to spin-off movies. X-Men is about a team of characters and a civilization, and while there are no where near as many characters that can hold their own film as characters on the Avengers, characters like Deadpool and Wolverine CAN hold their own and different teams like X-Factor and X-Force ARE viable properties to make.

Fox would be (and has been) underutilizing the property if they stuck to just releasing X-Men films. Just like if they manage to keep the FF rights they would be underutilizing the property if they don't make a Silver Surfer franchise out of it.

Deadpool already appeared in the Origins movie, so chances are his solo movie would be seen as a spin-off X-Men movie.

I just prefer to see the X-Men film series to be really successful.

And I feel like spin-offs are just dragging down and holding back the series.

And FOX can always expand its universe by releasing sequels to the original series every 2 to 3 years. Thats what Sony is doing to Spider-Man.

Deadpool already appeared in the Origins movie, so chances are his solo movie would be seen as a spin-off X-Men movie.

Spiderman is not X-Men. Spiderman is Spiderman with some supporting characters and villians, X-Men is a group many different groups that is with multiple characters and personalities. You cant expect the same formula for those 2 movies being that they are so different. They can easily incorporate Spidey and the people hes come across because he its his movie. X-Men has to work around the multiple characters they have. which is why im unsue why you wont let them make movies about different teams so that they get their fair share in the spotlight.

I love the X-Men having spin-offs. I keep wishing for that Magneto film that might never happen and I'm thinking The Wolverine might be a pleasant surprise. If Fox wants a expanded universe like Marvel, I think building spin-offs is the way to do it. Let go of FF and focus on making the X-Universe great and expansive. That's just my thoughts. :)

Yeah they should make an X-MEN film their Avengers. Don't make smaller scale X-Men movies. Save it for huge events like DoFP, AoA, ect.

Bridge them with various team movies and solo films. And then they can come together under a huge event with the X-MEN monicker.

I could easily see

X-Force
X-Factor
New Mutants

And then bring a sampling of them together for a huge event movie. And you can throw in solo films like Gambit, Storm, ect. every now and then.

Last edited:
Yeah they should make and X-MEN film their Avengers. Don't make smaller scale X-Men movies. Save it for huge events like DoFP, AoA, ect.

Bridge them with various team movies and solo films. And then they call come together under a huge event with the X-MEN monicker.

I could easily see

X-Force
X-Factor
New Mutants

And then bring a sampling of them together for a huge event movie. And you can through in solo films like Gambit, Storm, ect. every now and then.
Exactly! It might not of worked before, but now I think it's closer to being possible.

Woah guys what happened here?! Lol. But for real, I admired that all of you guys defend your opinions, but psylockolossus is just a very stubborn person, arguing with him is just pointless.

As for the new movies, that will be great for the xmen to expand, to see X-Force and X-Factor on screen . . . I just can't wait!

Last edited:
I'm now of the opinion that anything can happen.

I still think moving ahead with a Magneto solo film does perhaps spell the end of the FC series for the foreseeable but other than that, I think it's pretty open as to what films we can and may receive.

X-Force, more solos, more OT movies, crossover events. It's like a little mini MCU within the X-Men general umbrella.

No I'm pretty sure he meant a new magneto film was in works

I see some of his other tweets about it before he deleted them, nothing interesting just replying to people who kept saying he was talking about the script that turned into FC, he wasn't apparently

Take that how you will, he has yet to correct any rumours, it may not happen

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija