Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 6

Discussion in 'X-Men: Days of Future Past' started by Thread Manager, Jun 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. josh8

josh8 Well-Known Member

I agree it would've been nice to see Psylocke in a main X-Men movie, but at this point, X-Force is the best chance to see a good role for her. Psylocke has never been featured well in the movies or cartoons. In X-Force at least she'll get her due. It was also her best interpretation in the comics!

2. Poni_Boy

Poni_Boy Well-Known Member

You never know

Personally I'd rather see her in both DOFP and then X-Force. Followed by Excalibur :cwink:

3. psylockolussus

psylockolussus Well-Known Mutant

It will be definitely interesting to see another X-Team in another medium and to see how it will perform. X-teams like X-Force never had their own cartoon, own videogame, so they aren't tested yet.

4. josh8

josh8 Well-Known Member

Well of course I'd want to see her in an X-Men movie! I'm pretty sure it's too late for her to be in DOFP since they've already shot the future scenes.

Excalibur is a great idea but would def be a hard sell. A primarily British team? American studios are too chicken-s--t for that! But I have always thought that the more quirkier comics would make awesome movies... mostly because they can transcend genres more fluidly. GotG is a good example of this.

5. Poni_Boy

Poni_Boy Well-Known Member

Guess we won't know till we see the movie. Or at least some footage. IMDb isn't the be all end all of casting confirmation. They have a few wrong for The Wolverine, for instance

6. josh8

josh8 Well-Known Member

Arggghhhh!!! You're such a tease!!!! ;)

I know you can't do anything about it. :)

I don't refer to IMDB for cast info. Anyway, I think if DOFP were hiding any major NEW characters to be featured, it would only be for the 70s section of the movie.

7. psylockolussus

^

They might be also hiding new characters set in the modern-day world like X-Force members or the Fantastic Four.

8. josh8

josh8 Well-Known Member

It's totally possible that characters like Warpath, Sunspot (I almost forgot about him!), Blink, or some other characters we don't yet know about could show up in an X-Force movie. However, it would have been awesome if, for example, Psylocke was a prominent role in DOFP and then went on to be the leader of X-Force... because I don't see any of the prominent DOFP characters to be fitting as possible leads for an X-Force movie.

9. psylockolussus

Actually, I'd rather want the X-Force and the Fantastic Four to show up in their movie #1 first before appearing in a X-Men movie.

DOFP should just feature the original cast and the First Class cast.

10. josh8

josh8 Well-Known Member

To me, it depends on the story they're going to tell. If it's Uncanny X-Force, I would prefer ties. If it's 90s X-Force, then it can be standalone. FF should be standalone. I don't care how many people want an X-Men/FF crossover, it has never been interesting in the comics and won't be in the movies haha.

11. psylockolussus

It all comes down to the writers and the director of the movie. And comic-books and movies are two different mediums. Not all things that worked in the comics will work in a movie and its vice versa with movies/comic-books.

12. josh8

josh8 Well-Known Member

Sigh... yes of course. But no writer so far has been able to make a compelling X-Men/FF story. They've had some fun interactions but nothing substantial. IMO, there just aren't really any connections and their themes are way different. That's all I'm saying.

If the only reason to have them interact is that their rights are both owned by Fox, then that's not enough of a reason.

13. psylockolussus

I've read a lot of X-Men comic-books and none of them were better than the best X-Men movies.

I really don't think its impossible to establish that X-Men and Fantastic Four can exist in 1 universe. Look at Thor/Iron Man for example. With the reboot, Fantastic Four could be just a low-key superhero team, they don't have to be celebrities like they were in the 1st two FF movies. And like I said before, FF could do their missions in outer space while the X-Men stay in Earth.

14. josh8

josh8 Well-Known Member

I don't mind if they exist in the same world. I just would not be interested in a crossover movie. That's all. :)

15. BeholdMe

BeholdMe Storm Disciple

Your hard headed like a child. Yes they can possibly do that with in X5,but how much have you seen the characters developed in the other movies not very much at all. For instance Storm has so much backstory which was not touched on in the movie. Cyclops was a shadow of the man he is in the comics. Theres not alot of room to focus on other characters which is why another team would give others time to shine instead of cramming it into a movie with enough people already.

16. BeholdMe

BeholdMe Storm Disciple

How long do you expect the OC to keep coming back for movies then. There are not getting any younger and your not certain if they want to keep coming back being that they have been doing it so long. Move on and let some other characters be used,stop dwelling on the past. The OC had their run and they were great but who knows how long they want to continue on with the franchise.

17. BeholdMe

BeholdMe Storm Disciple

I agree with this completely.

18. Double B

Double B Well-Known Member

I would bet a anything we will see at least one more film with the OT cast after this. With all this news, it doesn't feel like an ending, but a re-establishing of the present universe.

I'd love them to mix things up in a huge way. X-Men movies with our original cast, X-Force, different, assorted team-ups, New Mutants. There's so much potential and there's such goodwill from all the cast members, so it would be great to see the likes of Cyclops/Jean/Rogue get their time to shine. Particularly since Marsden and Paquin fit their roles now more than ever, and Famke seems to adore it. Even Halle seems to have recaptured her enthusiasm for it all.

My main question is, how will they choose to utilise the last remaining film that the FC cast are contracted to (if they do the Magneto solo film, that's Fassbender out of contract) and how long McKellen and Stewart will be up for it. Though, to their credit, they've shown no signs of wanting to pack it all in.

Oh God, I really want an AoA film.

And a proper Gambit.

And Psylocke.

And older Emma.

19. BeholdMe

BeholdMe Storm Disciple

Yes to these 2 suggestions. It would be awesome to have Psylocke but which would you rather see the British Betsy or the Asian assassin Betsy? If they go off of FC then since Emma was their age,then an older one in the present would be an awesome thing to see.

20. Double B

Double B Well-Known Member

Asian Betsy. If only for the added diversity it brings to the cast, although they might go with British Betsy to differentiate between the character and the "Psylocke" in X3.

21. BeholdMe

BeholdMe Storm Disciple

Apart of me likes the british rude Psylocke and I think Kate Beckinsale would be perfect for her. Shes beautiful and she kicks butt. But the diversity thing your talking about is needed because thats what the x-men are known for.

22. Mars123

Mars123 Well-Known Member

I really like these idea about psylocke and Emma! I'd still like the idea of using Sigourney Weaver as I can see that seductive comparison between her and January jones. Plus she still kicks butt!!

I personally like to see more with the OT team, particularly storm and cyclops I'd like to see there stories fleshed out most and a continuation of Phoenix, I think of x3 more of a taster!

New stuff is cool though I guess we should embrace.

23. BeholdMe

BeholdMe Storm Disciple

i would like the idea of having Sigourney Weaver as well, i think she can play well wit Patrick Stewart and Ian Mckellen id they decided to come back. More of the OT fleshed out is my wish add some more backstory to the neglected X-men and not cheesy stuff, I mean actual character development.

24. Iceman

Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

Both!

25. Great Mind(s)

Great Mind(s) Broken

Do people suspect the future scenes will cut out as soon as the time traveler reaches the 70s? I for one hope they play parallel to each other like in the comic, unless it's a 45-1hr long future sequence at the start and 2 hours of 70s stuff following.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.