Days of Future Past Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
You beat me to it. :cmad: :oldrazz:

Like Vimes said, what's amazing about the posters is how they merged two people who don't really resemble each other. Of course there are some photoshop touches and all, but everybody used to say "well, the idea that James McAvoy will become Patrick Stewart one day is ridiculous and Fassbender/McKellen, pfftttt", but now we look at the posters and go "wow, maybe...". :awesome:

true ^^

Ooooooh.

I am still completely betting on the prologue of the movie being 2023, everyone we know is dead apart from Logan and his new team, and we see them all die (classic Wolverine death), apart from Bishop, who travels to our present day, where the war is beginning. Kitty sends Wolverine back to 1973, then the movie switches between 1973 and 2014(?) as we see our X-Men try and stay alive long enough for Wolverine to do his thang in 1973.

Bye bye, Colossus.

But the changes will have already happened if Wolverine is successful? Unless the original timeline is in an alternate universe that still exists in some parallel dimension. So I don't see how it's practical to cut back and forth. Maybe the past exclusively for the last 1 hr 20 minutes or so.

My guess is, prologue LotR style in 2023. Present day for a half hour or forty minutes, and then the last hour and change will be the past, and the climax would return to the present day in the new timeline, where I think everything will seem happy and peaceful, but we'll get some cliff hanger or open ended climax where we are left wondering if the Sentinels may return... or something more... Sinister.

Last edited:
Hmmm, I disagree. If there's any truth in that leaked synopsis, it certainly suggests a sense of action and story in the 'present' scenes, if something happens to Kitty and they end up having to recruit Rogue. And they try and create a sense of jeopardy in the present - if something happens to Kitty/Rogue and Wolverine, they're screwed.

So as I said, I would imagine the films begins with the 2023 prologue briefly, then setting up both the 2013 and 1973 timelines and we cut between them.

If they take inspiration from the original DOFP story, the event in the past that shapes the future was an assassination. If they adopt something similar here, it's that event that Wolverine will have to effect to cause long-term changes to the future. If that event is at the film's action climax, then we can definitely see the action cutting between 1973 and the present throughout the movie.

I know what you're trying to say, but it's all dependent on how they choose to utilise time travel in their story and what rules they set up, of course.

It could be a bit more 'Back to the Future-esque' way of storytelling.

But the changes will have already happened if Wolverine is successful? Unless the original timeline is in an alternate universe that still exists in some parallel dimension. So I don't see how it's practical to cut back and forth. Maybe the past exclusively for the last 1 hr 20 minutes or so.

My guess is, prologue LotR style in 2023. Present day for a half hour or forty minutes, and then the last hour and change will be the past, and the climax would return to the present day in the new timeline, where I think everything will seem happy and peaceful, but we'll get some cliff hanger or open ended climax where we are left wondering if the Sentinels may return... or something more... Sinister.

Doubtful as the audience would be impatient to see what's happening to the present X-men in the future. Until Wolverine changes the past they're still living and fighting in the future. We'd want to see how that is going.

I think it will flip back and forth at certain points. Otherwise you lose the impact of what changing the past would mean. We have to be reminded why it's urgent that Wolverine succeeds. And his mind has to brought back or he gets stuck in the past and it will damage the future timeline in some way. I don't believe they segment the movie so neatly as 2023-present-past-changed future. I think it will go 2023-present-past/present (mostly past)-changed future.

Last edited:
What i have to question is if 2023 is a apocalyptic future with sentinels then what is the present day stuff? i mean we know the role of the 70s stuff probably will be to stop trask and the creation of the sentinels but what about the present stuff seems like its stuck in the middle

On the plus side if bishop is from 2023 and grey haired logan is there he will probably be killed by a sentinel like in the comic

What i have to question is if 2023 is a apocalyptic future with sentinels then what is the present day stuff? i mean we know the role of the 70s stuff probably will be to stop trask and the creation of the sentinels but what about the present stuff seems like its in the middle

On the plus side if bishop is from 2023 and grey haired logan is there he will probably be killed by a sentinel like in the comic

Present day is them near the beginning of the war with the Sentinels. People have said in the trailer that you see Wolverine, Professor X and Magneto approaching a war table and it looks like things are going badly. So they are fighting and some old characters are probably dead or captured. They're probably getting battered and the apocalyptic future makes them realize they'll never win so they have to change things before it even begins.

What i have to question is if 2023 is a apocalyptic future with sentinels then what is the present day stuff? i mean we know the role of the 70s stuff probably will be to stop trask and the creation of the sentinels but what about the present stuff seems like its stuck in the middle

Seems like present day is basically Judgement Day. Sentinels are ready for a test launch and then become self aware or some crap like that. I hope it is not a complete knockoff though. The comic came before Terminator after all.

You beat me to it. :cmad: :oldrazz:
Sorry. :p
Like Vimes said, what's amazing about the posters is how they merged two people who don't really resemble each other. Of course there are some photoshop touches and all, but everybody used to say "well, the idea that James McAvoy will become Patrick Stewart one day is ridiculous and Fassbender/McKellen, pfftttt", but now we look at the posters and go "wow, maybe...". :awesome:

:up:

We had 2 time lines in comic story, but Singer said we'll see few time lines, so at least 3.
IMO it will be as someone mentioned:
1. Future (2023) -few minutes at the begin of movie,
rest of movie: 2. Present (2013)/3. Past (1963)
and at the end of movie we will see 4. Alternate present, maybe AOA.
When Logan backs to present, it should be shown as in Butterfly Effect, what was changed after 1973 we should see in his mind, then he open eyes and sees new reality in 2013, Apocalypse rules ;)

Maybe Bishop uses travel machine created by Forge to travel to present, or Blink sends Bishop to present using her portals. We don't have time machines in present time, so Bishop stucks here, and Xavier with Eric decide to travel Wolverine's mind to 1973.
If there isn't future time line in this movie, then Logan's grey hair maybe are affect of him seeing Xavier is still alive. All people are dying near him, but someone is back to life, and that's big shock for Logan and his hair become grey.

not even trying to be rude, but does anyone else find most of the newcomers names just impossibly absurd? Boo Boo Stewart, Fan Bingbing Peter Dinklage, Omar Sy

It's like a friggin circus act.

not even trying to be rude, but does anyone else find most of the newcomers names just impossibly absurd? Boo Boo Stewart, Fan Bingbing Peter Dinklage, Omar Sy

What the hell does this have to do with anything?

I love their names.

They are different, they are unique.... they are mutants :D

It has to do with the cast of the movie. Why you be rude when I just making simple point?

Why am I being rude? Haha you said the newcomers names were "impossibly absurd" discussing the actors names. Calling them a circus act. Dunno how the "absurd circus names" are relevant to The movie. If anything your comments would be considered rude. I'm asking why you'd bring that up when the thread is for discussion of the film.

That's Singer cast, he's really smart, and those movies, X-Men comics are about tolerance.
Strange surnames, first names, Peter's short height, homosexual actors,...
People have to learn to be more tolerant, people read, people watch it, but still doesn't understand, what's the epimythium of this story.

Welp...

That's Singer cast, he's really smart, and those movies, X-Men comics are about tolerance.
People have to learn to be more tolerant, people read, people watch it, but still doesn't understand, what's the epimythium of this story.

What a well-thought out and informative response. Thanks for your input regarding the general discussion of the cast of this movie.

seriously.

What a well-thought out and informative response. Thanks for your input regarding the general discussion of the cast of this movie.

seriously.

Is this sarcasm? Cause your post was so informative and insightful. How you thought the actors names were absurd and seemed like a circus act. Oh yeah that's really important to the film. And you start the post by saying "not even trying to be rude" and then boom, proceed to be rude regarding their names haha.

We had 2 time lines in comic story, but Singer said we'll see few time lines, so at least 3.
IMO it will be as someone mentioned:
1. Future (2023) -few minutes at the begin of movie,
rest of movie: 2. Present (2013)/3. Past (1963)
and at the end of movie we will see 4. Alternate present, maybe AOA.
When Logan backs to present, it should be shown as in Butterfly Effect, what was changed after 1973 we should see in his mind, then he open eyes and sees new reality in 2013, Apocalypse rules ;)

Maybe Bishop uses travel machine created by Forge to travel to present, or Blink sends Bishop to present using her portals. We don't have time machines in present time, so Bishop stucks here, and Xavier with Eric decide to travel Wolverine's mind to 1973.
If there isn't future time line in this movie, then Logan's grey hair maybe are affect of him seeing Xavier is still alive. All people are dying near him, but someone is back to life, and that's big shock for Logan and his hair become grey.

I think we definitely need some kind of open ended, cliff hanger type deal if Logan's mind is returned. But what the hell could that be? And how could Jean and Scott still be involved if they turn out to be alive in the new timeline? I just have a funny feeling we will get some funky, Planet of the Apes type deal where all is not as it seems.

I can see a scene at the end where a cognizant Logan returns from his possible comatose state (after his original mind returns) on his medical bed being examined by the now resurrected Jean Grey. Everything seems blissful and serene, until Wolverine turns on the local news reel. Perhaps the Sentinels remain. Or some other forces have taken over, like the aforementioned mutant in your post.

:applaud Go Kasjan!!

seriously.
Some of these names may be common in certain cultures and shouldn't be thought of as circus acts just because they sound different. One, it's unfair to be judged based on your name and, two, it's also rude to the cultures from which they come. I think that Kasjan is right, X-Men is exactly about tolerance and about helping people embrace those that are not understood, those that are different, those that are mocked, alone..

I say, take this as a chance to broaden your cultural horizons. These names aren't absurd. They're different. But they are still names belonging to human beings, like you and me and we should accept them just as they are.

Last edited:
I like all the X manips. Someone should do one of Mystique where she's normal Jennifer Lawrence and in a blue X she's Mystique.

Seeing as its jennifer They probably will have Her looking like herself a few times in the film, without the blue make up, so wouldn't be a bad idea

Last edited:

And Halle Berry, Famke Janssen, ane Ellen Page are so much better?

Are we supposed to get a peek in X-men at the end of the credits in Wolverine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"