Days of Future Past Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think there will be some sorta prototype sentinel in the 70s, as i always think back to the picture of the train with the trask logo on it obviously transporting something important or pieces of something important and for that to all come to nothing by the end of the 70s stuff i'l be surprised

It's basically been confirmed there is a prototype Sentinel in 1973. The posters say 50 years (obviously from 2023 era) and we saw the head at SDCC. Though I don't think it will be in actual use fighting the FC characters. [BLACKOUT]TW end credit scene seems to suggest it's a recent thing having them around. Magneto makes it sound like he's not long found out about them.[/BLACKOUT]

Same timeline, bad continuity. Just ignore the start of X3 it was a mistake because the writers of FC didn't take better care with continuity issues. Same with Origin writers. Best just to ignore little things like that. They can't really be explained. The Wolverine is the same timeline as the rest.

Yeah they seem to make a lot of mistakes!
Just found this lol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtf587LEKUU

I didn´t like how they made Deadpool in the end of the Wolverine movie either but Ryan Reynolds has said that he will play Deadpool in a new movie so :D

Sentinels are obviously a Government/Trask industries secret for 40 years. And after the cure fails and the massive battle in X3 the Government started to develop them properly and they're being rolled out by the time of TW end credit scene. Then by the time of DOFP present the OT team are at war with them. And the 2023 timeline shows us badly that will go.

Trask couldn't just unleash Sentinels in 1973. They wouldn't have been developed enough to be useful. It would take years of technological advancement to get to a stage where they can kill mutants with little effort. And the government would have to okay their use. They probably wanted to try other methods first, passing laws, Stryker and then the cure. All failed so they go back to Trask.

Has Poniboy done his write-up of SDCC footage he talked about?

No-one else bothers to go into much detail and he's already given us more than the other descriptions. I'd love to read the in-depth description. Character costumes, places etc.

Trask is like a 40 year old guy in 1973? How will he be alive in the present at 90? So who exactly is going to make the decision to release the Sentinels? Is there anyone else in the universe that could potential set off the chain of events and release the Sentinels? The new president? Mutants and humans were at peace after TLS, at least temporarily. So I am thinking a new guy comes in in place of Stryker to "finish what he started". Who will that guy be? Unless Trask is a time traveler and Boliver Trask is just the human guise for his true identity.

It's basically been confirmed there is a prototype Sentinel in 1973. The posters say 50 years (obviously from 2023 era) and we saw the head at SDCC. Though I don't think it will be in actual use fighting the FC characters. [BLACKOUT]TW end credit scene seems to suggest it's a recent thing having them around. Magneto makes it sound like he's not long found out about them.[/BLACKOUT]

giving the new events of the 70s that are being changed i wouldn't be surprised if something is unleased at the end in the 70s on the FC crew

i'm expecting something to come out of all of it, its possible 70s have sentinel prototype, in moden day the sentinels are being unleashed on the world and in the future everything has gone to hell

Last edited:
Trask doesn't need to be alive to release them. My theory is he is the person Magneto or Mystique kill in the 70s, making Trask a martyr. Stryker knows about the Sentinels as evidence on his computer.

Maybe they're being manufactured automatically as part of a failsafe...

Trask doesn't need to be alive to release them. My theory is he is the person Magneto or Mystique kill in the 70s, making Trask a martyr. Stryker knows about the Sentinels as evidence on his computer.

given that this is a magneto and Xavier team up story in the 70s i have my doubts that its got anything to do with magneto killing someone that starts these events

this film has been pretty unpredictable so far

Ding ding.

He could even have fathered a child and that child grows up resenting mutants and continues his father's work - eventually releases the sentinels in the late 00's for our gang to fight.

There is still someone that ultimately has to flip the release switch. Trask is probably dead by now. Stryker died 10 years prior. So unless he had this grand plan of a pre-programmed release of the Sentinels from a top secret base in 2013, then I don't see it. I think there has to be another villain responsible for releasing the Sentinels. I don't see the government going to these measures unless another major war broke out between TLS and DOFP present day.

We know young Stryker is in, so maybe he stumbles on the plans and follows through, so even though the X-Men may stop Trask's assassination or whatever harbringer of the Sentinel program, it doesn't prevent them from manifesting down the line after Stryker learns of the program.

Ding ding.

He could even have fathered a child and that child grows up resenting mutants and continues his father's work - eventually releases the sentinels in the late 00's for our gang to fight.

Graydon Creed? Another human that hates mutants. Obviously won't be in the movie, but one possible direction they could have gone.

Last edited:
We know they team up again in the 70s? It looks like according to spoilers Magneto fighting Mystique... Maybe They had a plan, Xavier convinces Magneto not to go through with it but Mystique is already on route to do the killing so Magneto has to stop her...

They should have Bill Duke return as Apocalypse, who was posing as a man who took over the Sentinel project..then have it revealed he was mockingly called "Trask" by the President in X3 as an insult

Last edited:
We know they team up again in the 70s? It looks like according to spoilers Magneto fighting Mystique... Maybe They had a plan, Xavier convinces Magneto not to go through with it but Mystique is already on route to do the killing so Magneto has to stop her...

the spoilers also said [BLACKOUT]older xavier and magneto told logan he would need help from both younger xavier and magneto and he would have to convince them to work together[/BLACKOUT] and lets be honest it makes sense when you look at the limited cast in the 70s

and there was nothing about mageto fighting mystique, where did you read that? im sure it said magneto pulled a distressed mystique out of danger

the spoilers also said [BLACKOUT]older xavier and magneto told logan he would need help from both younger xavier and magneto and he would have to convince them to work together[/BLACKOUT] and lets be honest it makes sense when you look at the limited cast in the 70s

and there was nothing about mageto fighting mystique, where did you read that? im sure but it said magneto pulled a distressed mystique out of danger
oh I read it where [BLACKOUT]Magneto pulls Mystique against her will[/BLACKOUT] but maybe the viewer saw it wrong?

oh I read it where [BLACKOUT]Magneto pulls Mystique against her will[/BLACKOUT] but maybe the viewer saw it wrong?

io9.com says "Young Magneto using his powers to pull a distressed Mystique along the floor"

Geektyrant says "young Magneto using his powers to pull Mystique along the floor, who looks like she's in trouble"

[BLACKOUT]i think if magneto is dragging her across the floor with his powers for any reason at all it would be to get her out of danger, otherwise it will be some weird fight

i suppose its possible she could be the assassin but i wouldn't bank alot on that[/BLACKOUT]

Last edited:
My guess is that the Brotherhood intends to hit the Paris Peace Accords or some Paris convention. There is probably some world council convening to address the mutant threat and propose a solution. Trask is to give a speech at this convention and an international law will be passed that requires mutants to register or be jailed (further exuding the extreme prejudice themes that Singer goes for). Magneto wants to stop this convention, not realizing the Sentinels have already been put in motion. Magneto bombs the convention in the original timeline, and the Sentinel project moves forward.

Now Wolverine comes in and talks to X and Mags about not bombing the convention and letting the law pass. The real threat is the secret sentinels, which have to be uncovered and destroyed. The new plan is to kidnap Trask and get the location of the Sentinels. I think Stryker could be surreptitiously overseeing these plans.

And curious, if it is indeed another Brotherhood/X-Men teamup, how is Trask going to counteract that with prototype Sentinels? Don't they need some muscle? So whomever that motion cap guy is, might be a mutant working for Trask. Trask would need some serious fire power to take on Prof. X and Magneto together.

Last edited:
the description of the footage that shows they need to be working together in the 70s is

“You’re going to have to do for me what I once did for you,” Xavier’s voice says. “You need me as well,” Magneto adds. “Side by side to end this war before it ever begins.”

The trio approaches what appears to be some kind of ritual table, followed by a montage of new characters including Omar Sy as Bishop. They appear to also be in this present/future time with the original characters, in similar black outfits.

“So I wake up in my younger body and then what?” Logan says. “Find me. Convince me of all of this,” Xavier explains.

We finally see the younger Xavier (McAvoy) sitting down with an ‘X’ of light on his head. He and his companions are all in ’70s clothes.

“It’s going to take the two of us,” Magneto says.

Now we see young Magneto (Fassbender) floating, doing some other possibly sinister stuff.

“Then where do I find you?” Logan asks. “On different paths,” old Magneto says. “Darker paths.”

I will also just play Devil's advocate and say that, just because Wolverine is told that he will need to get 1973 Professor X and Magneto to work together, doesn't mean he will succeed. Magneto could still be an antagonist and most likely will be until the final act of the film.

Though them facing off against prototype sentinels could be fun. And like Mr. M says, I imagine Magneto will need to be convinced to stop/stopped before he can, kill Trask. The repercussions of which have disastrous consequences 40 years later.

TW end credit scene would seem to contradict they've met Sentinels in the 1970's. I don't think they will be fighting them at all. I think that will be saved for the two future timelines.

Trask is like a 40 year old guy in 1973? How will he be alive in the present at 90? So who exactly is going to make the decision to release the Sentinels? Is there anyone else in the universe that could potential set off the chain of events and release the Sentinels? The new president? Mutants and humans were at peace after TLS, at least temporarily. So I am thinking a new guy comes in in place of Stryker to "finish what he started". Who will that guy be? Unless Trask is a time traveler and Boliver Trask is just the human guise for his true identity.

It doesn't matter. We know for a fact Trask Industries is still around in the future. The new CEO and the government could have just unleashed them. What kicks things into high gear must be the cure reversing. Now that will have taken some time after X3. It didn't happen immediately that was implied by Magneto's end scene.

The government would realize curing is not an option, Stryker failed and so did Senator Kelly. Each time something fails the government come up with a new plan that is more drastic than the last. Mutants getting their powers back is likely the big catalyst that makes them turn to Sentinels. It would take time to make enough of them to fight, kill or imprison the vast amounts of mutants. Add cure reversal time to how long it takes to get the Sentinels ready and then DOFP X-men seem to already be at war. All that could add up to the missing time frame from X3 to DOFP present. And account for why they're older and why it's only been happening in more recent times.

Last edited:
I will also just play Devil's advocate and say that, just because Wolverine is told that he will need to get 1973 Professor X and Magneto to work together, doesn't mean he will succeed. Magneto could still be an antagonist and most likely will be until the final act of the film.

doesn't say he will assassinate anyone though, the stuff thats happening once logan goes back is mean't to be change everything not go exact same way

so if its a team up that kinda gives a different view of events, that they are both needed to stop whatever happens, whether or not magneto uses it to his advantage near the end who knows, does seem very X2 tho

Though them facing off against prototype sentinels could be fun. And like Mr. M says, I imagine Magneto will need to be convinced to stop/stopped before he can, kill Trask. The repercussions of which have disastrous consequences 40 years later.

Prototype sentinels would be owned by Magneto. I think the Brotherhood will be the main antagonists for most of the film and it will be about stopping whatever it is they intend on doing. Otherwise, the government simply wouldn't have the fire power to deal with the likes of these mutants.

UHHH, Human sized Sentinels for the past!!!!!!????? yes please! Because those are definitely mo-cap actors! Why else would they all be raising their hand at him?

Where in the blue hell do you see motion capture suits?

The only thing those guys are wearing are the harnesses to fly backwards.

They aren't even actively filming.

They are rehearsing.

Prototype sentinels would be owned by Magneto. I think the Brotherhood will be the main antagonists for most of the film and it will be about stopping whatever it is they intend on doing. Otherwise, the government simply wouldn't have the fire power to deal with the likes of these mutants.

then you completely ignore the point aspects mentioned in the footage

[BLACKOUT]magneto has said they have to work together to stop this war and that logan will find them both in different darker places

sounds to be logan has to convince them to work together, most likely to stop an even bigger threat
[/BLACKOUT]

There's nothing to indicate the 1973 characters fight Sentinels. Only that a prototype probably exists. That wouldn't be strong enough to fight Magneto etc. I agree with Mr.M that is doesn't seem likely there will be Sentinel battles in all three timelines. I think the 1973 stuff is more mundane in terms of who they're fighting. The really flashy stuff will be kept for the future so we can see mutants die.

So then we have confirmation that prototype sentinels are functioning in the 70's and are lethal killers?
If not, it seems like Trask would be a bit overmatched. So if X/Mags are working together in both the past and present, I don't see how Trask can contend with that in the 70's. My guess is it will take quite a bit of convincing on Logan's part.

Last edited:
So then we have confirmation that prototype sentinels are functioning in the 70's and are lethal killers?

If not, it seems like Trask would be a bit overmatched.

no it isn't confirmed, all we got is a few pictures to go on

but we had a description of the footage which basically gives us the idea they will have to settle there differences and that it won't be easy and with the limited FC characters it makes sense that they would team up, many wondered why there was such a limited cast and it makes sense now

singer did say this film had alot to do with xavier and magnetos relationship

there is obviously gonna be something bigger here at the end of the 70s stuff

[BLACKOUT]magneto has said they have to work together to stop this war and that logan will find them both in different darker places

sounds to be logan has to convince them to work together, most likely to stop an even bigger threat
[/BLACKOUT]

Yeah to stop the dark future, not necessarily fight Sentinels in the 70s. Part of the awesomeness of DOFP is that the future is crazy SciFi and the past parts are more political thriller esq...

If not, it seems like Trask would be a bit overmatched. So if they are working together in both the past and present, I don't see how Trask can contend with that in the 70's. My guess is it will take quite a bit of convincing on Logan's part.

We have no confirmation of anything. Just it looks like a prototype is around but it clearly isn't lethal because they would have used them in the 40 years since. No way would Stryker not have used them if he's had access to a literal killing machine. They would be too weak in 1973. That is what a prototype is, something that needs to be further developed and is not the finished product. Trask is surely outmatched back then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"