Days of Future Past News and Discussion

Discussion in 'X-Men: Days of Future Past' started by marvelrobbins, Oct 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Whiskey Tango

Whiskey Tango Well-Known Member

Hey, you know what would be awesome? if this thread didn't degenerate into childish & stupid arguments over whose favorite funnybook team is best.

Also fix the caps lock, plz.

2. Kreative T

Kreative T Well-Known Member

I capped it for a reason.

Like now.

Because i meant it.

3. C. Lee

C. Lee I'm not old...I'm ancient

I suggest you calm down.....

I suggest you try not to start fights.....

4. Kreative T

It's the truth avengers didn't sell as half as much as x-men did in the comics. And the movies legitinze comic book movies. Singer did it first. Not Nolan.

5. Kreative T

Well, tell your friend not to call people stupid and childish when they are voicing there opnion.

just because I'm knew doesn't mean you can talk to me like some rookie, i had an account with hype years ago so calm down!

6. DigificWriter

DigificWriter Well-Known Member

^ If you post in all caps, people are going to complain, and rightfully so, because, in terms of Internet etiquette, you're basically shouting at people when you use all caps.

BTW, I wouldn't be arguing with moderators if I were you.

7. Figs

Figs Well-Known Member

I'm with you on this, solely talking about Whedon might have to worry about this next X-men film...not Justice League. They have the chance to really make a crazy spectacle type of action film like the Avengers, which is what I think the series really needs at this point. It is a team up comic, and as I said before no X-men movie truly used the potential from the comics in their action scenes. I have no worries about acting, dialogue and emotional weight in the next film, Bryan Singer will deliver I'm sure, I want the action this time around to actually feel like an X-men comic.

Also, Whedon doesn't have to worry about a damn thing when it comes to the Justice League film. I think DC are going to botch that film.

8. Whiskey Tango

Nobody called you childish and stupid. I called your intentionally inflammatory comments childish & stupid. Quite accurately, I might add. And there is no rule against attacking ideas and arguments, much as you might wish otherwise. So grow a thicker skin and accept that sometimes people will call you on your bull.

Big deal. Post count and sign up dates are meaningless. If you don't want people to think you're a noob don't act like one.

9. Whiskey Tango

I'm looking forward to a little more comic book and a little less 'pseudo-realism' in an X-Men movie for a change. If they're using time travel and parallel realities in this one, maybe we'll get to see stuff like the Shi'ar in future films.

10. Figs

Figs Well-Known Member

Yeah, I would be down for the Shi'ar some day appearing in an X-men film. As of right now, I just can't wait for them to finish announcing who else is going to appear in the film.

11. hawkeye27

hawkeye27 Well-Known Member

Who does everyone think Singer is going to announce next?

12. Duran Man

Duran Man The Seventh Stranger

Original Trilogy: Halle Berry
    First Class: Lucas Till, Caleb Landry Jones

13. NanaT

NanaT X-Men United!

Original Trilogy: Halle Berry, Rebecca Romijn
    First Class: Caleb Landry Jones, Rose Byrne

14. NanaT

NanaT X-Men United!

Thought I was the only one that wanted to see Halle Berry back. Thought everyone else just didn't like her and wanted to see her character dead in the film.

15. Hawkingbird

Hawkingbird I want to be Kate Bishop

I very much doubt we'll see modern day Mystique. As for the A vs X debate, I love both :woot: Though I think Marvel Studios has overall made better films.
    May I ask who here has actually read DOFP? I've just began :)

16. 747

747 Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

Read and loved DOFP.

17. Marv

Marv Well-Known Member

I hope Singer doesn't stray too far from the comic.

18. Kreative T

Where's your moderator Now! Must be friends with him Hypocrites!

19. Kreative T

Yeah. They are going to try and Destroy Avengers, just because of the Sheer depth of the X-men Universe, and a director that can direct intense character emotion and keeps the tone intact. The Potential of X-men Universe to be out of this world is greater than the Avengers and I think they are going to take advantage of that.

20. georgec

georgec Not a hero

I didn't realize having an opinion or personal preference is childish and stupid. I must have missed where I argued or flamed someone.

X-Men has always been more personal and emotional for me than Avengers. The huge X-Men universe and all the characters feel more interesting than Avengers. How terrible of me to think this way. :cwink:

21. Great Mind(s)

Great Mind(s) Broken

I agree about X-Men. I prefer it to other Marvel stuff. Also why I don't like the idea of mixing the two movie universes. I love the MCU too but I think it needs to exist separately. X-Men is this more serious story in a darker world imo. Avengers movies are real fun and awesome too but for different reasons...

22. def28

def28 Well-Known Member

Avengers VS X Men again eh? Both comics are friggen awesome, and personally I prefer X men comics. But Fox needs to open its world up and start developing characters other then Wolverine, Stryker and Magneto for it to be in the same league. Fox hasnt came close to the potential of the X men, and coming up on 6 films thats pretty sad.

They can both exist in the same world easily. I dont get why some think this. I read X Men and Avengers characters interact everday and its awesome.

23. Whiskey Tango

Wasn't directed at you, though I did quote you so I can see why you'd think so.

I don't much care what anyone's personal preference is. What's irritating is when people like duder up there try to rile up and bait people with juvenile comparisons. There's enough stupid DC vs Marvel arguments already; do we really need Marvel vs Marvel ones too?

24. Iceman

Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

Yes...but why would you want to destroy Avengers? As long as you don't release an X-film in the same summer as an Avengers film then they should be good for each other.

Most people who are big fans of X-Men can probably derive some form of enjoyment from Avengers..(& Justice League). Did you read any of the comics where they crossover? Just because one thing is great doesn't mean its rivals suck.

25. Whiskey Tango

They'd be fine in the same summer as long as they aren't released right on top of each other. That's what makes his argument so worthless. There is zero need for competition between them, except in the minds of fans who can't stand that someone else likes different things than they do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.