Days of Future Past Days of Future Past News and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just too bad Jennifer Lawrence and Nick Hoult are coming back
I absolutely could not friggin' stand them in first class

I thought I was the only one that wasn't a fan of these two and their shared (and individual) storylines. Between Lawrence's child-like Mystique and Hoult's awkward and timid Beast, I hope these two would grow up fast for the sequel.

I have no problem with either returning. The storylines and dialogue aren't the faults of Lawrence and Hoult. The characters are in a different place now, and Singer almost always gets good performances out of his actors. I'm not worried.

I thought I was the only one that wasn't a fan of these two and their shared (and individual) storylines. Between Lawrence's child-like Mystique and Hoult's awkward and timid Beast, I hope these two would grow up fast for the sequel.

The direction and, mostly, the writing is to blame, not the actors. The actors are very talented. Luckily this time around, we have new writers as well as Singer having say over that.

I fully trust in Singer because he couldn't have his third XMEN film, so he'll go all out with this film.

Are James McAvoy, Jennifer Lawrence, Michael Fassbender, & Nicholas Hoult the only First Class returning cast members ?

Lawrence is a fantastic actress. That her only less good performance was in FC says more about the script and direction than it does about her.

Are James McAvoy, Jennifer Lawrence, Michael Fassbender, & Nicholas Hoult the only First Class returning cast members ?

Doubtful. They're the only ones confirmed, today.

I thought both of them were great with the material given. Definitely loved the awkward, insecure Mystique too. Wasn't executed perfectly by any means, but it worked. Beast kinda just went from shy and insecure to a... dick.

Hoult can be great too.

And for that matter, personally, I didn't dislike either Raven or Hank in FC. Didn't even dislike "mutant and proud" (come on, cheese comes with the territory, and it tastes great if you embrace it).

The scene when Magneto interupts Beast and Raven was cute. :)

Doubtful. They're the only ones confirmed, today.

Yeah, it's no coincidence that they are announcing the big players first.

I love the fact that the announcements came from Singer himself. To get that from him in my twitter feed was an awesome feeling.

I think Fox would've done everything to secure Jennifer Lawrence. She's a big star now. Of course they'd want her back.

I hope James Marsden comes back so they can redeem his character somehow.

The two that needs redeeming the most .. Cyclops and Rogue.

Has Matthew Vaughan's X-Men 3 script ever been posted online?

The one with Alcatraz in the second act, not the third. Mystique being cured tied to a chair, I think there was a story board for this. Rogue attending Brotherhood meetings.

Yeah, it's no coincidence that they are announcing the big players first.

I love the fact that the announcements came from Singer himself. To get that from him in my twitter feed was an awesome feeling.

And not so coincidentally, some of Singer's closest players...

If Jackman's in (likely), expect them to hold off on leaking it for more impact later.

And no, you shouldn't expect everyone from First Class to return...even if Frost is still around...

:word:

Rogue attending Brotherhood meetings.

Oh man I remember loving those rumors from X3 about Rogue infiltrating the Brotherhood, pretending to defect to the bad guys. As much as I think the whole plotline of different members from different teams changing sides has been done way too much in these movies, and thus reducing the intended impact (Pyro's and all of Magneto's, however, were done very well) Rogue pretending to be a Brotherhood would've been an awesome plotline.

And not so coincidentally, some of Singer's closest players...

If Jackman's in (likely), expect them to hold off on leaking it for more impact later.

And no, you shouldn't expect everyone from First Class to return...even if Frost is still around...

:word:

They could recast Frost if necessary. They could even bring back Tahyna Tozzi from X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

IIRC not a lot of people were fans of that actress either (?)

I guess I'm not the best person to ask as I've never been an Emma Frost fan. So although January Jones irked me with some of her delivery, I'm not as bothered as some more hardcore fans would be. If they were to keep Emma I would actually be fine with January staying, for continuity's sake.

That said I've only seen Amber in one of her projects, The Playboy Club (don't ask!), she didn't play a very White Queenesque character there but with the type of Hellfire Club that we saw in First Class, I'm reminded of Amber Heard's co-star on that TV show: the "Madame" of that club, Carol-Lynne. Here and here. Not saying I'd like her for the role though. Plus she's a brunette.

I fully trust in Singer because he couldn't have his third XMEN film, so he'll go all out with this film.

This is Singer with a bigger budget,more studio trust, better technology, and more experience with special effects. I really can't wait to see what he does.

I'm actually happy that we didn't get an X3 by him now, because I feel that it's all been leading up to this point. :woot:

I hope not! First Class had at least 10 starring members (including Moira and Darwin). I hope they bring back Havok, Banshee and Emma Frost! Plus no need to recast Emma Frost for the third time, just because she wasn't "perfect" for the role, they should instantly recast her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"