Days of Future Past Days of Future Past News and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had no problem with the make-up, I just didn't like the way it made Beast's face so immobile, like he's had a dozen plastic surgeries.

I'm a bit torn on whether they should use more CGI animation for Beast though, because no matter how good it's become in the past few years it still looks fake when they use it for people/creatures.

The make-up for X3 Beast was great. But FC obviously ignored the look of X3 Beast, I wish they stayed with that look just like with Mystique's look. Not only it looks better but also for continuity's sake.

Last edited:
The make-up for X3 Beast was great. But FC obviously ignored the look of X3 Beast, I wish they stayed with that look just like with Mystique's look. Not only it looks better but also for continuity's sake.

They didn't ignore it, they showed that he was evolving.

I'm not a fan of either X3's or X:FC's looks for Beast (despite liking the performances of both). Like X3 Colossus & Iceman they just look like low budget half-hearted attempts to get the look right as opposed to someone like Nightcrawler where they went all out with appearance & visual effects.

Question, do you think "Grey" Beast would have fared better among fans?

@Iceman:
Beast in X3 looked great to me because he like his comic book counterpart has class. He's not gonna walk around without a suit hunched over or hang from the ceiling when addressing the world leaders. I dont see how you could say he was half budgeted?

Beast needs a total overhaul for this film. He looked horrible in First Class. I echo fears about a totally CGI Beast, but that would certainly enable the character to be more dynamic and athletic than we've seen before. I won't be disappointed with either decision, I'm sure it'll look better than the last attempt.

I'm not understanding the issues people had with X3's Beast, or how X2's Nightcrawler was somehow better realized/more faithful (aside from having more impressive powers).

Nightcrawker look clearly was simpler than Beast, but yet the result was better.

It was perfect.

While Beast on X3.... it could be improved a little bit. Adding more hair on the face and some beastly feattures, maybe different teeth.

Hanks teeth on X3 were just like humans.

They didn't ignore it, they showed that he was evolving.

What evolving? so you mean when he's older, he will look more human again but still with blue skin.

I'm not a fan of either X3's or X:FC's looks for Beast (despite liking the performances of both). Like X3 Colossus & Iceman they just look like low budget half-hearted attempts to get the look right as opposed to someone like Nightcrawler where they went all out with appearance & visual effects.

I thought Iceman's ice-form was great, the only thing I didn't like was the shape of his hair when it was on Ice form.

I thought X3's Beast looked great. I think there was a good human to beast ratio.

beast+president+x+men+3.jpg

I thought X3's Beast looked great. I think there was a good human to beast ratio.

beast+president+x+men+3.jpg

Yes! I liked that they didn't make him look like an ape or a cat or a big bear or just an animal that doesn't look a human at all. And his look really mesh with the realistic-feel of the X-Men movies.

Considering he's a Cabinet member, I would think Beast would want to present himself as normal as possible, well groomed hair included. Showing up with the messed up fur he had from FC would just be bad form :p

No, he looks fuller, stronger and more "Beastly".

So they didn't ignore Beast's look in X3 when they decided to make him look like a cat. Of course they did.

With FC Mystique, they stayed true to her look in the original trilogy. They didn't change her appearance. The look of X3 Beast and FC Beast are so different to one another, the nose, the teeth, the eyes.

So they didn't ignore Beast's look in X3 when they decided to make him look like a cat. Of course they did.

With FC Mystique, they stayed true to her look in the original trilogy. They didn't change her appearance. The look of X3 Beast and FC Beast are so different to one another, the nose, the teeth, the eyes.

But there's a long gap there where Hank could be trying again to find a cure and maybe DOES a little...makes him a little less cat-like. I mean, he constantly changes in the comics too so it's comic accurate!

Last edited:
But there's a long gap there where Hank could be trying again to find a cure and maybe DOES a little...makes him a little less cat-like. I mean, he constantly changes in the comics too so it's comic accurate!

That's a good point, and a convenient way of papering over the cracks, but I don't think that's what Vaughn intended when he created a new version of Beast.

The good thing is that unless you put both versions side by side, then you don't really think about the changes too much, because both versions are blue and furry!

But it's a difficult look to pull off. The X-Men films haven't been 100 per cent successful with some of the more extreme physical mutations (Blob, Beast, Juggernaut), although Nightcrawler, Mystique and even Angel turned out fine. Avengers did prove that it's possible to do a good Hulk and make him fit into a setting with a very mixed bunch of human-sized characters, so Beast shouldn't really be a problem.

Because Mystique doesn't evolve :huh:

it definetly made sense..... but the more beastly look of the comics is kind of iconic, so thats one of the reasons why the movie version wast as memorable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"