Days of Future Past Days of Future Past SPOILERS! (You have been warned!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I absolutely loved Magneto in the end credit scenes! nice to know he has his magnetic powers back. I wonder if that is addressed at all in DOFP or if they don't mention it at all. I guess we could insinuate that the cure is not permanent but I would love to hear a character say that and for the movie to make a direct reference to X-Men: The Last Stand.

It would have been cool if they mentioned the 'cure' in The Wolverine seeing as how it takes place after it.

I knew Prof.X was going to say "You're not the only one with gifts"...

I dont know if you noticed this but in The Wolverine,Jean's last scene where she is full of white in a white place maybe (heaven) she said that she is alone, does that mean that Cyclops isn't dead?:huh:

Yes, the last scene seemed as if she is White Phoenix.

I love the end credit scene,so cool.

Can you guys explain or describe how Wolverine will tie into X4 scene by scene? (only relevant scenes, or events of course)

we don't know how it will tie into XFC2: Days of future past, we will just have to wait and see ;)

Will he have bone claws all through out DOFP?

Will he have bone claws all through out DOFP?

Unless they have him somehow regain Adamantium to his claws for the future settings then he will have bone claws throughout the film (1973 Logan wouldn't have them either).

jean wasn't real, it was all in logans head

I think Mangold,Famke and Hugh have never officialy told this.
We don't know this maybe she was in logan's head and maybe she is white phoenix...i hope the second because i personally love Jean Grey :woot:

Maybe all were in Logan's head exept the last scene when Jean opens a door and left (maybe form the mind of Wolvie)

Logan looking at the Trask advertisement is interesting. This moment is clearly intended to get the audience to pay attention to Trask, but considering the themes of The Wolverine and the possibilities of DOFP, I think Logan clearly recognizes that something isn't right here -- just where and when did this "Trask Industries" emerge from?

And then, of course, he sees...

:word:

The scene was ok. Xavier's entrance was a little weird with him zooming around all those people.

The scene was ok. Xavier's entrance was a little weird with him zooming around all those people.

Yeah It did seem abit cheesy, I was expecting Logan to turn around and see xavier right behind him

Last edited:
the end credits scene was nice, but NOT the best directed and written piece, must have been rushed big time

Did anyone notice the camera work when Professor X entered the airport?

It was not good. And I wish his lines were shorter.

But the mid-credits scene was still exciting.

Yeah It did seem abit cheesy, I was expecting Logan to turn around and see xavier right behind him

I was thinking the same thing. I like how you see everyone frozen, so you know what's coming, but then, the payoff (seeing xavier) seemed a little flat.

That being said, Patrick Stewart has mastered that chair. He can just weave all over the place. So I was impressed by that. :)

I enjoyed the post credit scene. My theater had a decent sized audience and I would say 85 percent stayed for the after credits.

The only thing that throws me off are the claws. I'll be damned if he is fighting sentinels with bone claws!

Yeah It did seem abit cheesy,

Same. It also looked like Stewart had really bad make-up in that scene. I actually thought they de-aged Stewart a la TLS opening sequence.

I was expecting Logan to turn around and see xavier right behind him

My bro thought Xavier would be behind Magneto. But yea Xavier zooming around in his wheelchair was very weird.

Mangold on the after-credits scene he directed:

The whole sequence was built around the shot where we’d unveil Patrick, and I created this shot where he’s weaving through all these frozen airport patrons and that is Patrick Stewart with a joystick and electric wheelchair and that isn’t easy. He’s doing a kind of Olympic slalom through all these extras and uh, he’s a badass on that thing.”

:doh: Just because he can, doesn't mean he should. ugh :csad:

Yeah, glad to see Singer didn't direct that, otherwise I'd be worried.

I think Stryker could play a hand in that, since he will have a role in the 1970's. That's the theory I am going with.

I think The Wolverine gave that away for me. I thought about it and after seeing TW, I think a young William Stryker will be involved with Trask. At some point in the past Wolverine will encounter him and because he can't get over what happened to Jean, he intentionally kills him. It will lead to the X-men never being a Alkalai lake and her dying, or so they thought, in the first place. In doing so it will create an alternate time line in which Jean and Cyc never died.

I'll be money on it!

And I'm wondering how the Wolverine credits scene factors in with DOFP: For one that's in the 'present' day, and Erik says they are making a weapon, indicating the Sentinels have not been completed yet (but there's that '50 years' poster thing so who knows?)

The Sentinel they revealed at Comic-Con was the Mark 1 designation, about twice human size, that has supposedly been around for awhile. It was more than likely the first field tested version but the Sentinels that Trask plans to unleash on mutants are the full sized ones.

Clearly some correlation was done between what Mangold & Co were doing and what Singer and his team were cooking up. Imagine The Wolverine didn't originally end with the Adamantium claws torn off. Leave a quasi-dangling plot thread to be resolved/further explored.

Unless they have him somehow regain Adamantium to his claws for the future settings then he will have bone claws throughout the film (1973 Logan wouldn't have them either).

Singer addressed that (in a round about way in lieu of Wolverine's ending) at Comic-Con regarding changing continuity.

"Umm...whenever you are going back in time, and this is every bit as much a time travel movie as it is an X-Men movie. Uh, you-you-there is those risks. And so--and yet there are certain--yeah so some of that is going to happen and yet there are some things that--umm--you know if you believe in certain physics and multiverses and then umm--things like that and uh--then you also have a respect for the continuity as we have it. But mine is--is--I'm less so entrapped in those previous films and again I'm not the audience I'm just the filmmaker but I do believe in certain continuity that we will maintain but some things will change. It is the nature of time travel. You go back and mess about. Things happen."

Last edited:
I always liked the bone claws. There is something so natural and animalistic about them. Charles and Erik working together again is great and Logan having to work with Magneto is going to be fun to watch. I wonder if they will reveal where Mystique is in DOFP?

My wife was asking about the bone claws and if they'll give Wolverine back the metal in the next movie. She suggested that magneto could put the adamantium back on Logan.

Or he could keep the bone claws, that would work to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"