Days of Future Past SPOILERS! (You have been warned!)

Discussion in 'X-Men: Days of Future Past' started by danoyse, Jul 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. psylockolussus

psylockolussus Well-Known Mutant

I like keeping the bone claws for a change.

But what I noticed about those bone claws is they don't look like bones, but claws made from a wood.

2. danoyse

danoyse Snikt. Stab. Repeat.

Just going by a lot of the comments I've seen on Twitter, a lot of people had no idea there was another X-Men movie in the works. The reactions to that end credits scene have been pretty pleasantly shocked. :up:

3. Nell2ThaIzzay

Nell2ThaIzzay Well-Known Member

*Vaughn.

Vaughn was in charge of writing that script that everyone has a problem with.

4. SilentWarriorZ

SilentWarriorZ lemonidas

Dammit Bone claws look so lame as consider to Metal claws they just keep breaking .

5. kasjan

kasjan Well-Known Member

So Logan has bone claws again. Hope they won't give him armor arm and won't make him Ultimate Cable.

6. Golgo-13

Golgo-13 The Return of the O.G

I remember reading that the post-credit scene in X3 is not necessarily canon; well this scene confirms, imo, that it is.

7. Bren

Bren Forevernoob

I think it'd be cool after 3 films of Logan trying to stab Magneto and Magneto treating him like a toy, that Magneto would re-claw him with adamantium. Would be a nice way to evolve their relationship. Hopefully not friends, but allies definitely. Imagine Magneto using Wolverine as a weapon, "Just point them in the right direction, Logan. I'll do the rest."

8. Specter313

Specter313 Ghost of all things X

My roommate brought something up, but in The Wolverine, did anyone think with that last scene with Jean could be a bit of a hint at the White Hot Room from the comics? It's obviously something different from the comics if they ever adapted it to film since the Phoenix isn't a cosmic entity in the films, but still interesting to think about if they could use it to secretly bring her back in DoFP.

9. GuestStar2004

GuestStar2004 Well-Known Member

No I think she was just in his head, otherwise how horrible that must be for jean to be all alone and needs to talk to Logan and convince him to die to be with her

Last edited: Jul 27, 2013
  10. jaymes_e06

jaymes_e06 Well-Known Member

I think it was referencing the comics vaguely. The white gown every time she's seen would make more sense. Why would she never be seen in another form (her x-uniform or the phoenix red outfit)if she's just a hallucination ?

The last scene with her going towards the light is very much like the scene when she went to the white hot room in the comics.

11. CyclopsSummers

CyclopsSummers Well-Known Member

He has been disintegrated, like Xavier in Jean's house :doh:

12. jaymes_e06

jaymes_e06 Well-Known Member

HIs death was off camera though.

13. Lightning Strykez!

Lightning Strykez! Former Mod On Pension Pay

I'm going to be very honest with you: I almost had tears in my eyes. Literally.
    :applaud

In fact, the entire Wolverine film altogether blew me away, 180 degrees away from the lousy Origins film...but that's a topic for another thread. :up:

14. Lightning Strykez!

You took the words right out of my mouth; erm...finger tips. Whatever.

Cyclops is definitely alive somewhere. If he were dead for real he'd be with her in The White Hot Room.

I disagree. Why is it horrible? It's actually in line with the comic canon--Jean is always beckoning to Logan from the White Hot Room, and if it's not him, she's communicating with Scott, Emma or someone else.

And both X2 AND X3: The Last Stand established CLEARLY that Jean has the ability to communicate while "dead": At the conclusion of X2, Xavier had a clear notion that Jean had survived. In X3, she appealed to Scott, luring him to Alkali Lake. And she definitely has a psychic lock on Logan, enabling communication between them as well.

So her appearing in this form to Logan in this latest Wolverine film is not far-fetched at all. I definitely don't think it's a dream or a hallucination. I loved how Logan kinda checked Jean and put her in her place towards the end of the film: she blamed him for "putting her there" and he reminded her that she was murdering innocents. And she didn't argue the fact either because she knew he was right. That's why she was like, "Later." :funny:

Jean is alive, and that bleached out scene was certainly fan service for the White Hot Room. I thought it was extremely well-done.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2013
  15. Lightning Strykez!

Just Say No to Bone Claws. :down

They would be virtually useless for Logan in a battle with Sentinels. Remember, Adamantium can cut through anything. But there's nothing especially significant about the density of Logan's bone structure--his claws can snap like anyone else's. And they grow back like finger nails, so...yeah.

SO, I stayed for the mid-credits scene. Was there another scene after the credits were completely over? I got up and left I guess after the mid-credit scene...I thought that was it. :doh::doh::doh:

16. Double B

Double B Well-Known Member

Oooh. I'm glad you liked it. :cool:

Origins was on TV tonight. First time I watched it in years. Still appalled.

17. GuestStar2004

GuestStar2004 Well-Known Member

I think to clear they were trying to say once Logan said he loved her but wasn't ready she then vanished to show she is no longer haunting his mind

I think its wishful thinking for anyone to think otherwise

18. The Infernal

The Infernal Mky Mk

I'd like to see the bone claws in the future portions of DoFP, but I wouldn't mind if Wolverine had his adamantium claws back in an alternate better future at the end.

19. psylockolussus

psylockolussus Well-Known Mutant

If thats the case, then that might mean the events of The Wolverine didn't happen in the altered future.

20. kasjan

kasjan Well-Known Member

No, he hasn't. Why would Jean still be near Alkali Lake, also she was unconscious. She should just left this place, after killed him. There happened something we didn't see on screen.

21. DigificWriter

DigificWriter Well-Known Member

The implication is certainly that she disintegrated him.

22. JP

JP Smelly

Agree. My first thought was "White hot room? :awesome:"

23. Lightning Strykez!

Exactly. They could've done that scene sooo many different ways. Yet they chose that very specific direction for a reason.

It's the White Hot Room. Definitely.

24. merbass

merbass Well-Known Member

Charles has special gift - It could be explained briefly that he did not even enter Jean's house. He had to trick everyone to see what Jean was capable of. He was with Moira all these time.

The cure - It never meant to be a permanent cure. Worthington was near bankrupt, so he found a way to earn money.

25. Lightning Strykez!

Ooh, I like that explanation. But then, why continue to allow the X-Men to believe and mourn his death? Even allowing the erection of a monument in his honor? Wouldn't that be cruel?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.