Arrow DC Boss Diane Nelson Talks Superhero Strategy Vs. Marvel

Season 1 started badly, and got significantly better. Season 2 started great, and ended horribly. I am half way through season 3, and it has been a complete disaster. My opinion, but I don't trust them with much. Especially after they killed of their best character and are now bringing her back because they messed up so badly. :funny:

The Joker and Harley are clearly going to be in the Batman solo. They are setting it up at least for the Joker already. And my money says where the Joker goes, Harley follows. And you better believer there will be a Suicide Squad sequel if it makes bank.

I think Arrow is not your kind of show. Because i find the writing excellent in Season 1, and Season 2. Season 3 had bad writing. When the easter egg was shown of harley, all the producers were excited and thrilled by it. So they would treat the character with utmost respect it deserves.

Rumors are they will make a red hood movie adaption. I don't know if thats legit, and joker appears in it, but not harley. So i can't see Harley following Joker around everywhere.

I hope the Suicide Squad movie fails badly, and it's a one time movie only. That's what they should get for screwing Arrow, by taking Deadshot away, when it was most needed in the HIVE storyline in Season 4.

I think Arrow is not your kind of show. Because i find the writing excellent in Season 1, and Season 2. Season 3 had bad writing. When the easter egg was shown of harley, all the producers were excited and thrilled by it. So they would treat the character with utmost respect it deserves.

Rumors are they will make a red hood movie adaption. I don't know if thats legit, and joker appears in it, but not harley. So i can't see Harley following Joker around everywhere.

I hope the Suicide Squad movie fails badly, and it's a one time movie only. That's what they should get for screwing Arrow, by taking Deadshot away, when it was most needed in the HIVE storyline in Season 4.
Being thrilled about a character appearing doesn't mean they can translate that character well, especially when their track record is becoming increasingly spotty. Harley is a character born from the Batman mythos, she's not one you can take out of those mythos without messing with what makes the character tick.

The Dark Knight is an adaptation of The Long Halloween and The Killing Joke, an adaptation doesn't mean a 1:1 translation. With how much they're pushing Harley and Joker, make no mistake, those two will be in our Batman solo.

DC's embargo is not on those creating the film, and David Ayer has a much better track record than the showrunners of Arrow. I'm infinitely more trusting in his ability to tell a compelling story, despite my issues with some aspects, than that of these showrunners.

Last edited:
You watched Titans right? Batman existed. That is the entire point of that scene is to show that Batman exist. That he doesn't show up doesn't mean he doesn't exist. What you just mentioned shows that. Dick was Batman's Robin. He was trained by him. He lived with him. Robin only exist because Batman already exist.

There is no Batman in the Arrow/Flash universe, thus there is no Joker, thus there is no Harley. It is the same with the new Supergirl show. Superman doesn't need to be on the show, he just needs to exist.

My point is that they don't need to bring the character in, to have another character. They're not allowed to show batman on Arrow. Doesn't mean that can't have a Robin who's very vague about his past.

We all know he's talking about Batman, and it's heavily implied. I don't think there's rules against that. That's the way Titans did it, while under the same embargo.

The suicide squad movies should be rewarded for saving characters from being further destroyed by arrow's bad writing. The writing was good in season 1, certainly lesser in season 2 and worse by season 3. They don't treat their main characters with the respect they deserve, I don't see how they're capable of treating a character who is far above their quality of writing better.

God bless you! God bless everyone in your life!

The suicide squad movies should be rewarded for saving characters from being further destroyed by arrow's bad writing. The writing was good in season 1, certainly lesser in season 2 and worse by season 3. They don't treat their main characters with the respect they deserve, I don't see how they're capable of treating a character who is far above their quality of writing better.

Like i said, dagenspear, your thoughts are in the completely different direction. You're in the minorities saying s2 was bad. That's where you should stop. No point in this discussion, since we already had this it on a different forum.

Being thrilled about a character appearing doesn't mean they can translate that character well, especially when their track record is becoming increasingly spotty. Harley is a character born from the Batman mythos, she's not one you can take out of those mythos without messing with what makes the character tick.

The Dark Knight is an adaptation of The Long Halloween and The Killing Joke, an adaptation doesn't mean a 1:1 translation. With how much they're pushing Harley and Joker, make no mistake, those two will be in our Batman solo.

DC's embargo is not on those creating the film, and David Ayer has a much better track record than the showrunners of Arrow. I'm infinitely more trusting in his ability to tell a compelling story, despite my issues with some aspects, than that of these showrunners.

It won't mess up the batman mythos if done with care. If the arrow producers had big plans, they would certainly done it with care. No point in this now. If what you said is indeed true, and joker, and harley appears in the solo batman movies, and not just one film(suicide squad), then i guess it's fine not allowing arrow to use harley. But the Deadshot thing? I'll never accept that, since he's been in the show since Season 1. They have no right to put a embargo, when he was going to be used in the most important storyline related to him.

Actually, it's already confirmed they placed embargo on deadshot because of the suicide squad movie.

Like i said, dagenspear, your thoughts are in the completely different direction. You're in the minorities saying s2 was bad. That's where you should stop. No point in this discussion, since we already had this it on a different forum.
That's not my name. But people not thinking that it was poorly written isn't the issue. The writing wasn't that great.

That's not my name. But people not thinking that it was poorly written isn't the issue. The writing wasn't that great.

What's the point of playing dumb? lol. That is your username on the ksitetv forum, and on reddit. You even end your sentences the same way.

You thinking the writing was poor in season 2 was not the issue, because majority liked the writing, and was top notch. So your opinion doesn't really matter.

Anyway, no point in further discussing.

What's the point of playing dumb? lol. That is your username on the ksitetv forum, and on reddit. You even end your sentences the same way.

You thinking the writing was poor in season 2 was not the issue, because majority liked the writing, and was top notch. So your opinion doesn't really matter.

Anyway, no point in further discussing.
I end them that way because I saw someone posting them like that on reddit and I liked the idea. But the writing wasn't very good in season 2. Liking isn't what it's about. The majority liking it doesn't make it good.

I end them that way because I saw someone posting them like that on reddit and I liked the idea. But the writing wasn't very good in season 2. Liking isn't what it's about. The majority liking it doesn't make it good.

The same way that you disliking it doesn't make it bad. Don't mistake your opinion for fact.

That last episode with the character ended in the way that there would be no trouble to bring him back in the future.

The Suicide Squad is a cool concept, but everything we have seen from the movie so far looks so much cooler than what "Arrow" did that so I am very much looking forward to that film. This saying, the Suicide Squad wasn't bad in "Arrow", I mean it was tons better than the "effort" Smallville made who years ago, but still not quite there.

The same way that you disliking it doesn't make it bad. Don't mistake your opinion for fact.
I'm sorry, but that's not what I'm doing. It's not very well written. That's why I don't like it.

I'm sorry, but that's not what I'm doing. It's not very well written. That's why I don't like it.

Oh, i'm sorry, I clearly misunderstood.

Please, enlighten me as to why (contrary to what most other people believe) that the writing for season two was bad... and please don't use any references as to your personal feelings or thoughts about what happened. Because that would make it an opinion...

Oh, i'm sorry, I clearly misunderstood.

Please, enlighten me as to why (contrary to what most other people believe) that the writing for season two was bad... and please don't use any references as to your personal feelings or thoughts about what happened. Because that would make it an opinion...
Lacking of character arcs, sidelining of characters, forced characterization, forced relationship development, poor characterization.

I find it kinda meta how Flash, even in real life, is the only one to defy this whole separate universe thing by, as of now, appearing or going to appear in both mediums. And not just the Flash, but the same iteration of the Flash, being Barry. I highly doubt CW will kill Barry off by the time movie Barry makes his appearance.

I find it kinda meta how Flash, even in real life, is the only one to defy this whole separate universe thing by, as of now, appearing or going to appear in both mediums. And not just the Flash, but the same iteration of the Flash, being Barry. I highly doubt CW will kill Barry off by the time movie Barry makes his appearance.

Of course they won't kill off Barry, but you can bet that they won't be allowed to use the villain of any future Flash movie. Arrow could use Deadshot, until they couldn't any more. Just like Justice League Unlimited could use the Joker, until they couldn't any more.

Of course they won't kill off Barry, but you can bet that they won't be allowed to use the villain of any future Flash movie. Arrow could use Deadshot, until they couldn't any more. Just like Justice League Unlimited could use the Joker, until they couldn't any more.
Well good thing they more or less finished their Eobard Thawne storyline in season 1 then :yay:

Sorry but Warner execs are full of crap. They keep saying their are no restrictions of characters on the tv shows. Yet, I just saw an interview with one of the producers of Arrow. He said he would love to have Bats appear. But, just can't make it work....which is a polite way of saying Warner won't allow it.

If they can't use them on the show. At least make mention that Superman and Batman exist. You can see a news article, tv report or just a comment from the cast discussi it.

I often find myself wondering what Arrow's Batman would look like.

Sorry but Warner execs are full of crap. They keep saying their are no restrictions of characters on the tv shows. Yet, I just saw an interview with one of the producers of Arrow. He said he would love to have Bats appear. But, just can't make it work....which is a polite way of saying Warner won't allow it.

If they can't use them on the show. At least make mention that Superman and Batman exist. You can see a news article, tv report or just a comment from the cast discussi it.

How would that improve the show in anyway? Supergirl mentions Superman all the damn time, it doesn't make it a better show. People watching Arrow shouldn't be asking "Where's Batman? I would rather be watching Batman now."

More proof that the embargo is real. This is why Warner pisses me off. Fine..you want to keep the cinematic-tv universes separate. Then allow the tv universe to use all the characters.

Q: Any possible chance of either Slade or Walter returning throughout the rest of Season 4? #Arrow
Guggenheim: The character of Slade Wilson is currently tied up in another DC project. Walter is more likely.

I often find myself wondering what Arrow's Batman would look like.

Well, knowing the CW, he would probably fall in love with Felicity and then we'd have an Oliver-Felicity-Bruce triangle :whatever:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"