November 4th, 2022
Shazam! 2

December 16th, 2022
Aquaman 2

In development:
New Gods
Green Lantern Corps.

Last edited:
BTW, could any mod change the title to "DC Films Release Schedule"? It has a nices ring to it.

(Goes hiding in a corner)

Current Breakdown as of 12/13/19 from what I can tell please feel free to correct or add:
2020:
Birds of Prey
(Feb. 7 2020)

Wonder Woman 1984 (June 5 2020)

2021:
The Batman
(June 25 2021)

Suicide Squad 2 Soft-Reboot
(August 6 2021)

Black Adam (Dec. 22 2021)

2022:
Shazam 2
(April 1 2022)

Superpets?
(theatrical animated release; Spring 2019 reportedly pushed back year from May 2021 to May 22 2022)

The Flash (July 1 2022)

Aquaman 2 (Dec. 16 2022)

Waiting on Announcement:
Amazons Spinoff (
Wonder Woman Spinoff announced at CCXP Dec. 2019)

New Gods

The Trench Spinoff (Rumored Beginning of 2019 After Aquaman release perhaps as Wan wanted to test the waters a bit and it up in the air on if he'd return. Now that he is, less has been heard about since but may still have theatrical debut just later rather than sooner.

Green Lantern (Latest Update: Green Lantern Corps Movie Still a DCEU Priority for WB)

Justice League Re-Boot (JL2 nixed but Abrams production company perhaps is interested in a re-boot)

Young Justice League aka Teen Titans (Vague rumor by **************** so take with shaker of salt; perhaps a Plan B if Warners opts not to get Justice League re-boot going with Abrams right away but instead using this as an alternative to start fresh a secondary DCU universe)

Justice Society of America (I'm just guessing this with the November 2019 announcement pertaining to some being introduced in Black Adam. More than likely the Young Justice whether actually in development or not will be replaced by this if this happens)

Nixed or Development Hell:
JL Dark:
Many versions come and go.

Cyborg: October 2014 WB announces slate of 10 films to make up DCU; All of these originally announced DCU movie's released after Justice League in 2017 are now either considered stand-alone or re-worked at this point; Cyborg is the only one out of these 10 films that was never seriously mentioned again post-Justice League.

Superman: In 2014, this franchise not even mentioned in the lineup of DCU movies as BvS took over the franchise not to mention Justice League. Vague rumors of a direct continuation of MOS picked up steam in early to mid-2018 again but never happened. DC's number 1 franchise lost. Henry Cavil has shown vague interest in returning early 2019 but as time goes on increasingly unlikely but as of end of 2019 he's not letting go yet.

Supergirl: 2017-
2018 were crazy flux years at WB. Fall 2018 WB had some back/forth on what do with Superman but a fresh start explored after Henry Cavill didn't guest star in Shazam seeing Cavil signing onto Witcher series in response to news of Supergirl. This re-imaged Geoff Johns DCU never sprouted up and by the end of 2018 some of the directions he tried to infuse at the beginning of the year began to subside. Original versions of SS2 tried to use this character but after James Gunn took over that fell by wayside as well.

DeathStroke: "The Batman" starring Affleck rumored as an add-on to DC's originally planned DCU movies picked up steam in late 2016 into 2017 before Justice League's release. Deathstroke rumored to spinoff of this movie but both have since been forgotten about with "The Batman" re-worked into something else by Matt Reeves.

NightWing: The most recent update in latter part of 2019 is "The Batman" comes first and separate iterations of Gotham characters contained for the time being.

Batgirl: Whedon's take worked on from 2016 to 2017 announced as not happening early 2018; Early draft of BirdsofPrey going the rounds and WB still unsure about greenlighting that or Ayer's Gotham City Sirens; Summer 2018 Margot settled on BOP and it re-worked no longer featuring Batgirl to go with a more niche vision; Fall 2018 a new Batgirl script re-written by the BOP writer however as of 2019 as The Batman picks up steam this Batgirl movie may not happen unless BOP is a massive R-Rated success like Joker.

Gotham City Sirens: David Ayer worked on as a breather of sorts after the post-production time scrunch and juggling of alternate cuts pressuring him into throwing away a bunch of unused footage to make execs who were pressuring him settle on the flashier funnier versions fans supposedly wanted after re-shoots in 2016 before the theatrical release of Suicide Squad. The Sirens gestated for a while that David Ayer stuck with despite seemingly rumored off the project numerous times. Ultimately, the Birds of Prey script was opted on instead. This movie may be re-worked into a BOP sequel if a success though as Margot opted for BOP 1st.

Deadshot: Another breather of sorts as Suicide Squad reception mixed in 2016. This rumored spin-off from SS lost amid post-production cut-up of Suicide Squad, Justice League reception, and indecision on what to do with SS until hiring James Gunn though.

Joker w/Leto or Harley and Joker: Rumored in mid-2018 all of a sudden as another of many projects churning. Ultimately the SS post-production butchering; hiring of James Gunn after back/forth on SS2 eventually settling on soft re-boot, and WB opting to go with an R-Rated Joker film in development with Todd Phillips directing made this rumor go away. That and the fact Birds of Prey was the project decided upon.

Lobo : Various versions development hell for over a decade; rumor popping up about year ago puts back on the radar but has since subsided yet again.

Booster Gold: A probable movie from Arrowverse co-creator that may or may not get a greenlight. In 2015, this was originally purported to be a team-up with Blue Beetle but later in 2016 Greg Berlanti claimed this to be a solo instead but nothing has really been reported on since.

Blue Beetle: A fleeting rumor in 2018 amidst AT&T purchase and major shakeups at WB; like many other rumors from 2017 and 2018 just another direction things could've taken.

Plastic Man: The same situation as Blue Beetle.

BlackHawke: Something Speilberg could get greenlighted if has the time.

WarnerMedia:
*Snyder Cut of Justice League?

*As of late 2019, some of the properties mentioned above it's been reported may be an SVOD based movie or large budget miniseries (non-syndicated show like what Disney+ is doing in terms of taking a movie and cutting it up into segments for different pacing) on this service.

Last edited:
Finally a release date for Flash. Kinda surprised it's actually coming out before Aquaman 2 for some reason.

Green Lantern Corps better still be in development and not development hell!

Finally a release date for Flash. Kinda surprised it's actually coming out before Aquaman 2 for some reason.

As per the latest report from Variety, Geoff Johns is still writing the script and should deliver a new draft before the end of the year.

@Hello2016 I don't think any Joker movies starring Jared Leto are in development anymore, wouldn't trust **************** for a second and also doubt that Warner Bros. is seriously considering any Justice League sequel or reboot at the moment. I also think that any Batgirl, Robin, Nightwing or Teen Titans movie will have to wait for The Batman to be released first.

Personally, I think that right now, aside from New Gods and Green Lantern Corps, the Trench and Amazon spin-offs and Steven Spielberg's BlackHawk are the most likely to go ahead next.

Last edited:
I hate to say it, but New Gods has the stench of "not happening" all over it. I have such doubts.

I hate to say it, but New Gods has the stench of "not happening" all over it. I have such doubts.

That COULD be the case, but it's also one of the few movies in development which actually has a director attached to it, who is also (still) currently working on the screenplay, and isn't just on the table between studio execs in the Warner Bros. offices. So it's already a lot further than other DC movies in development.

I gues it'll all depend on whether or not the studio likes the script drafts coming in and thinks it's viable on a certain budget ( I could see them spending $150-175M on such a project and untested IP, which is enough if you've got producers and a director who know how to handle a budget).

Last edited:
That COULD be the case, but it's also one of the few movies in development which actually has a director attached to it, who is also (still) currently working on the screenplay, and isn't just on the table between studio execs in the Warner Bros. offices. So it's already a lot further than other DC movies in development.
I just think it's a little telling that New Gods is as far along (if not more far along) than The Flash, Shazam 2, and Aquaman 2, yet it doesn't get dated.

Can't really compare them.
Shazam took a while to get made. Same for Flash, fingers crossed that it's happening now. And with such an untested and peculiar project, the studio might want to see further script drafts before OK-ing it.
And look at how long it took for Matt Reeves to get a start date and go into pre-production with "The Batman."
What we know is that Ava DeVurnay is attached to direct and is (still) actively working on the script. We'll see.

July 1st, 2022
The Flash

In development:
New Gods
I don't see the Flash making that release date. It's been postponed time and time again. Nobody seems to know what they want to do, or where they want to go with it. New Gods hasn't exactly raised ground either in recent times, and I suspect it's just going to be pushed back again and again.

Everything else though, I hope we get to see. Black Adam, Shazam, Aquaman 2 and the Amazonian Spinoff (presumably a prequel) have great potential I think.

All the nixed and developmental hell films mentioned by @Hello2016 can stay there for all I care too, at least until the current products have been wrapped and released, then it's time to focus on those two Kryptonians, be that a reboot or not. I'm hoping (if the Batman gets the trilogy) that Deathstroke will be in one of them with a solo film about him later, and an appearance in the Injustice League at some point.

I really do want to see a Justice League sequel, and honestly, I think the league going up against opposites of Earth (rather than cosmic) is the way to go next. Keep it grounded somewhat, but if a recasted Lex Luthor can get a team of villains to work together for a justified cause, I think a film pitting the two teams against each other would work wonders.

I don't see the Flash making that release date. It's been postponed time and time again.

Mostly because WB were initially going in wrong direction for The Flash movie (Flashpoint) now they are in the right direction, other reason was due to Ezra's involvement in Fantastic Beasts franchise and that franchise is currently going through troubled production process, once his involvement in FB movies is over, he can take part in The Flash movie production.

Fantastic Beasts can't be in production/ shooting stage forever, if that's what some people expect to happen.

I have a feeling I will be in the cold cold ground before I see a Flash movie:funny:

I just think it's a little telling that New Gods is as far along (if not more far along) than The Flash, Shazam 2, and Aquaman 2, yet it doesn't get dated.
Ava take your time. I want New Gods to be good.

They should cancel New Gods and allocate the funds to a good movie.

They should cancel New Gods and allocate the funds to a good movie.
CicZBwI.jpg

This is a fun thread to have, hope it stays active for years to come.

I would put WW3 and Joker sequel on the preliminary discussion stage.

Patty already expressed plans and story ideas (which is under wraps for now) multiple times, and the way the new trailer was made and received, I don’t see WW84 flopping and block WW3 from being made. I love that they are developing an Amazon movie, I wanted a Crowe/Shanon Krypton movie, but at least the new management are open to these kind of idea now.

Hopefully they get a new director to make a Amazon/Atlantis movie, keep these 2 worlds and leads relevant and give their directors a break from this universe as well....and could be a test water for cross over DC films again and a spring to another JL when RP is established and a new Superman is back.

Joker sequel is a real possibility, and surely other ideas for an art house character study of DC characters will come, so maybe we will see something in cinema anywhere between 2021-2023...

I think Batgirl has been confirmed by one of the ex higher ups Sue Kroll I think, to be in BOP before they Penguined her, so she is in The Batman and it’s pretty clear what they are doing, they let Reeves define her and Nightwing first before spinning them off, I mean Hamada basically told Justin Kroll to write that Variety piece that they want spin offs for Penguin, Catwoman and Riddler lol, so pretty sure Barbara and Dick will be first in line before them.

I think JSA should be a go especially under New Line, and when they finally get to BA vs Shazam family vs Superman it will be an event film, would be interesting to see who actually directs that one, either way it looks like a 2025 release since BA and SZ2 is only 4 months apart.

Btw Robles said Johns is out of contention for GLC and he doesn’t believe the script will be there by the so called end of year, he cited personal reasons and didn’t want to go further...I am guessing family or health reasons....? and we did see GLC announced for hbomax....

Flash scripting stage has probably started with a home grown director in charge, rumored by trades to film end of 2020 or in 2021, so a 2022 release makes sense, while Aquaman takes ages to make with all the CGI and Wan probably wants to do something else horror before diving back there for another 3 years, so one year making something fresh then 3 years to get it done properly, thus December 2022 for an origin film from December 2018 makes sense.

I reckon we’ll start but hearing about Superman this year I really do. I think 2023 is when we’ll get the next movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"