DC is making great moves!

batman1

Civilian
Reaction score
Aquaman looks great. WW84 will be great. Reportedly they are after James Gunn to direct films. It looks like the tide in the comic war may be changing!!

Love the enthusiasm of this thread launch, for me, they have already been making great movies but I get the 'general point' that for many the DCEU has not been what they would have wanted or hoped.

I think there is a right to be confident in the next few films and fingers crossed, we'll have 3 well received, critically well regarded and financially successful films, and in fairness it looks like things are rolling on for 2020 and 2021 too now.

I think it's a strange 'no man's land' WB currently exist in at the moment, they don't want too over stretch themselves and shout out multiple productions nor do they want to wait too long beyond what we DO know is coming out, in that they want to show they've learnt from their mistakes. Behind the scenes, it would appear much is happening beyond WW1984, AQM and Shazam, but for me, the two biggest issues yet not resolved are Cavill's contract and what to do with Affleck.

Get them tied down/resolved, then I think it's time to genuinely think a new tide is coming.

Dude. It’s not a war.

When they all make good movies, we all win.

So this is a thread celebrating two potentially good movies, rather than us actually having seen two great movies.

Well I guess any port in a storm....

MoS -- loved it
BvS -- liked it a lot
SS -- okay in parts
WW -- loved it
JL -- loathed it

Hugely looking forward to Aquaman, WW 1984, Birds of Prey, Batgirl, and really excited about the possibility of Supergirl. Shazam! doesn't interest me but looks like it will entertain many. New Gods sounds good but I'm not too sure it'll happen (was NG first announced before Hamada took over or afterwards?).

Overall, it could be a lot worse! :yay:

Last edited:
giphy.gif

For me:

MOS - loved it (mostly)
BvS - disappointing but not without some redeeming parts
SS - see BvS
WW - absolutely loved it
JL - really really liked it.

Hoping Aquaman WW84 and Shazam deliver. All three look very promising at this point.

But ultimately I think the Marvel/DC rivalry is pretty childish and stupid.

For me:
But ultimately I think the Marvel/DC rivalry is pretty childish and stupid.

I want it to become a rivalry, as usually when companies are competing with each other thats when the best product comes out. So far its been one sided as Marvel has been killing DC in both critical and box office success, but we all win when they start going neck and neck, and both are competing to be the best.

My opinion on the films so far:

- Man of Steel - love it
- BvS - Really like it
- Suicide Squad - does not hold up on rewatches but has some redeeming features
- Wonder Woman - Love it
- Justice League - not what it could or should have been but it’s damn fun and I really like it

On the upcoming films:

- Aquaman - looks very cool
- Shazam! - looks fantastic
- WW84 - can’t wait for this one
- Joker - what I’m hearing so far I’m not really interested but I’ll see it and have hope it will be good
- Birds of Prey - take my money, after some initial thoughts been meh when casting details leaked. Since learning that Black Mask is the villain and who they’re looking to cast as Black Canary & Huntress and I’m excited

My opinion on the films so far:

- Man of Steel - love it
- BvS - Really like it
- Suicide Squad - does not hold up on rewatches but has some redeeming features
- Wonder Woman - Love it
- Justice League - not what it could or should have been but it’s damn fun and I really like it

On the upcoming films:

- Aquaman - looks very cool
- Shazam! - looks fantastic
- WW84 - can’t wait for this one
- Joker - what I’m hearing so far I’m not really interested but I’ll see it and have hope it will be good
- Birds of Prey - take my money, after some initial thoughts been meh when casting details leaked. Since learning that Black Mask is the villain and who they’re looking to cast as Black Canary & Huntress and I’m excited

This, with the exception of BvS (love the UE), Skwad (a really fun action film with great characters), and Justice League (we wuz robbed!).

And if we're getting a Joker movie, I'm there. Hell, I'm just glad next year we're getting not just one WB movie.

I have only seen Suicide Squad once all the way through and I don't really go back to Justice League all that much.

I have seen MOS and WW quite a bit and still enjoy them. BvS is a long slog.

I am definitely excited for Aquaman, WW84, Birds of Prey and Shazam! I am unsure about the Joker movie. Guess have to wait and see to get more of a feel of it. After seeing Game Night I am more excited about the Flash movie. I'm impatient for the Batman movie. I wish my excitement for the Supergirl movie wasn't tempered by the uncertainty of the Superman sequel.

My really honest opinion on the movies -

Man Of Steel : Liked it. (There was some scope for improvement) 7/10.

Batman V Superman : Theatrical version was just OK, but really liked the Extended Cut. 8/10.

Suicide Squad :The movie had lot of potential, but failed to reach there. Still I was impressed by some scenes and character interactions. 4/10.

Wonder Woman : Amazing movie, I have only a few minor nitpicks here and there. 8/10.

Justice League : Failed to reach it's potential, only some parts were good, I was underwhelmed. Still it was somewhat entertaining. 5/10.

Hope for Future : I have some confidence in Aquaman, Shazam and Wonder Woman 1984. I'm sure they will prove to be technically well made cohesive movies with sufficient character development and entertainment. Can't say anything about how they will perform at Box Office.

Man of Steel is meh, BvS is "why did you say that name", SS is crap, JL is crap, WW is alright.

Aquaman looks mediocre, Shazam looks "whatever" and we haven't seen anything from WW84 yet. But there's possibility it will be alright or maybe even better, unless PJ outsources action scenes to some hack.

And the worst thing of all - DCFU is still with us.

The future of the DCEU looks bright to me.

It looks like the tide in the comic war may be changing!!

Let's not count the chickens before they hatch here. But yes I am very enthused by what we have seen/heard of the upcoming movies.

No tide is changing. Marvel will remain top for a veryyyyyy long time.

I think DC/WB's most exciting development is this Elseworlds/DC Dark/DC Black label that begins with The Joker.

The DCEU has had its ups and downs to say the least, it's exciting to know that DC isn't limiting themselves to that universe and the sometimes problematic continuity that they've established.

I think DC/WB's most exciting development is this Elseworlds/DC Dark/DC Black label that begins with The Joker.

The DCEU has had its ups and downs to say the least, it's exciting to know that DC isn't limiting themselves to that universe and the sometimes problematic continuity that they've established.

I agree, i am thinking maybe there best bet is to make unique versions, good films and see where it takes them.

Imagine they reboot superman and make a modern day reeve film and it's a success.. they will continue that.

Imagine they then go with this joker movie that spawns a trilogy with Batman.

A buddy cop movie with GL.

They just put out good movies and make it clear each character is his/her own universe.

It's like, DC has these characters, but sony has one, fox etc... i mean, it's like with venom - why all of a sudden are people clambering for continuity and a shared universe - lets just put out good movies.

The comics do that anyways, with their own titles.

I'm getting scared. John Campea addressed the idea that perhaps the CW Superman will get his own show, by saying if that happens, MOS2 won't happen.

I hope that's not true. GIVE US BOTH!

I'm getting scared. John Campea addressed the idea that perhaps the CW Superman will get his own show, by saying if that happens, MOS2 won't happen.

I hope that's not true. GIVE US BOTH!

Unless Cavill starts fo act like Superman i dont want a MOS 2. This version is boring as hell

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"