DC/Marvel Hero Tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.
One could say that the current Martian Manhunter is too powerful.But i know him more,so im going to go with the Martian Manhunter.

Good match.

Jourmugand said:
One could say that the current Martian Manhunter is too powerful.But i know him more,so im going to go with the Martian Manhunter.

Good match.
Manhunter's got a lot of powers, but they're generally not quite up to the level of other characters' powers. He's not as good a shapeshifter as Plastic Man, not as strong as Superman or even Wonder Woman, not as fast as Superman, etc. His telepathy's really his forte.

Marvin said:
yes but fernus...
Ever hear of a gestalt? The sum of Manhunter's powers, when used together and as viciously as Fernus was willing to use them, makes him a lot more of a badass than his sub-Wonder Woman strength, sub-Superman speed, etc. makes him sound like at first. The difference, of course, is that Fernus was willing to go much further than J'onn is, and Fernus didn't have any obvious weaknesses to exploit. Vision's eyebeams are concentrated microwaves... microwaves heat things... see where I'm going with this? A stray blast of Vision's microwave beams hits a patch of grass and suddenly the Manhunter's a blubbering idiot on the floor.

I think everyone is selling the Vision short, he has superhuman strength, can alter his density, along with the blasts from his eyes. I go with the Vision

FNSpider-man said:
I think everyone is selling the Vision short, he has superhuman strength, can alter his density, along with the blasts from his eyes. I go with the Vision
J'Onn can do that and superior levels and even more.

TheCorpulent1 said:
Ever hear of a gestalt? The sum of Manhunter's powers, when used together and as viciously as Fernus was willing to use them, makes him a lot more of a badass than his sub-Wonder Woman strength, sub-Superman speed, etc. makes him sound like at first. The difference, of course, is that Fernus was willing to go much further than J'onn is, and Fernus didn't have any obvious weaknesses to exploit. Vision's eyebeams are concentrated microwaves... microwaves heat things... see where I'm going with this? A stray blast of Vision's microwave beams hits a patch of grass and suddenly the Manhunter's a blubbering idiot on the floor.
I'm sure J'onn is an expert at avoiding fiery situations like that, given that he himself has heat vision.

and what's to stop manhunter from altering his density and rewiring vision with superspeed?

writers to tend to dumb characters down due to situations...
I for one believe that manhunter should be able to flee any firey situation before it really affects him...

The Vision could reduce his own density, for one thing. Two intangible people aren't going to be able to touch each other anymore than they can touch other things. I doubt simply rewiring Vision would do much anyway. He was originally "wired" to kill the Avengers, but he ended up becoming one of their most valuable members. He was "wired" not to have any emotions later, but he recovered his old personality, emotions and all, regardless.

J'onn's super-speed would give him the win, as I said, but it wouldn't really be an easy battle. The Vision's managed to hold his own against the Silver Surfer.
The Leaguer said:
I'm sure J'onn is an expert at avoiding fiery situations like that, given that he himself has heat vision.
No, dummy, he has Martian Vision. Superman's the one with heat vision. :o

lol, I was the one that suggested this match and I can't even decide. manhunter and Vision are just so much alike, but I think that once Vizh goes to his ultra-dense state that deflects most anything, manhunter's various shapes become null and void if they can do no damage. Also, Vision voids out MM's telepathic skills. Also, as mentioned above, he held his own against the Surfer, Cosmic level power, I think he'd be able to deduce a strategem to defeat MM.

Vision.

Genesis 1.0 said:
lol, I was the one that suggested this match and I can't even decide. manhunter and Vision are just so much alike, but I think that once Vizh goes to his ultra-dense state that deflects most anything, manhunter's various shapes become null and void if they can do no damage. Also, Vision voids out MM's telepathic skills. Also, as mentioned above, he held his own against the Surfer, Cosmic level power, I think he'd be able to deduce a strategem to defeat MM.

Vision.
J'onn's shape-shifting still lets him get inside Vision and muck things up. Also, it's possible that J'onn could use his own phasing to force Vision's density back down.

I don't see vision laying a finger on(writting fairly) on someone with manhunters various abilities...

the thing is vison has that denser than superman state...
manhunter can't reach that level of invulnerability..

way I see it, manhunter drives vison to the denser than diamond state...and zips though him(zoom speed) and take him apart from the inside(even if that meant turning to ooze and coming out his eyes)

The Leaguer said:
Martian Vision is heat vision!
Yeah, right. Next you're gonna tell me that soylent green is people or some such nonsense. :rolleyes:

The Leaguer said:
J'onn's shape-shifting still lets him get inside Vision and muck things up. Also, it's possible that J'onn could use his own phasing to force Vision's density back down.

Valid point. However, given Vizh's android intelligence and his own exceptional phasing abilities I think that Manhunter might get away with disrupting him a portion initially before Vision re-alters his density/molecular structure to counteract it. Again, with the Surfer, we saw Vision do somethings that showed true innoation, I don't think it'd be beyond him to find a way to debunk Manhunter's abilities, especially since they're so much like his own, if he knows his own weakness in that respect, then he knows Manhunter's.

There's always the possibility of him taking that same strategy of phasing through Manhunter, partially solidifying, and mucking up MM as well. As the other guy said, let's not seel the Vizh short, as Goliath always said. No way is this a squash match.

If Vision attacked J'onn in that respect, J'onn could just heal himself instantaneously. Like I said, Vision would have a Hell of a time hurting J'onn, and even if he did, he would have an even harder time doing any permanent damage.

how about an aparition vs kitty pryde matchup?

12-6 for the green dude and I'm ending it. Next battle (as suggested)

ew52sf.jpg
Wolverine

VS.

Deathstroke.jpg
Deathstroke

Wolverine vs. Deathstroke: Deathstroke had 1 hour prep and they're fighting at an abandonned airport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"