DC New Age of Heros

WBHULK

Civilian
Reaction score
So I've been reading a couple of the books from DCs New age of Heros line of books namely the Terrifics and Damage and I must say both of them are fantastic!!!!! Obviously both are very much inspired by Marvel mainstay books the Fantastic Four and Incredible Hulk. But aside from some of the obvious similarities there is plenty to like and stick with. Damage does Hulk better than Marvel has for the past year or so Totally Awesome Hulk was a pathetic book. The Fantastic Four dont even have a book. Both books have a good story Damage the plot starts slow with more action in the beginning. As a marvel fan overall these 2 books are Excellent and I will be keeping up with them.

Well, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I'm afraid I have to disagree. None of these new titles have been terrible, just fairly uninspiring. A bit dull. I applaud DC for trying something a little bit different but none of these titles do anything for me. The only one I've bothered to read beyond issue one is The Silencer - and that's only really because I'm a big fan of John Romita's art work. (As a sidebar, why isn't he working on a big title? He had an incredibly short run on Superman, then an even shorter run on Batman.)

I would be astonished if any of these titles survive longer than a year.

Well, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I'm afraid I have to disagree. None of these new titles have been terrible, just fairly uninspiring. A bit dull. I applaud DC for trying something a little bit different but none of these titles do anything for me. The only one I've bothered to read beyond issue one is The Silencer - and that's only really because I'm a big fan of John Romita's art work. (As a sidebar, why isn't he working on a big title? He had an incredibly short run on Superman, then an even shorter run on Batman.)

I would be astonished if any of these titles survive longer than a year.

I've not read any of these titles but I've seen similar comments elsewhere.

I've not read any of these titles but I've seen similar comments elsewhere.

DC have certainly shown a lot of commitment to them, with all the big names involved and a lot of hype and advertising surrounding them, so maybe they'll give them some time to grow. But not one of them has been anything other than bang on average so far.

I notice John Romita isn't doing the art for the latest issue of The Silencer. Is he just taking a one issue break - or has his run ended on the book? Does anyone know?

I love Sideways. The sales seem to be pretty good so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"