DC Relaunching Everything? - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scott Snyder and Jeff Lemire were very vocal about their titles crossing over even before the the first issues came out, so I knew that was coming down the pike.

I am freakin' loving OMAC and Frankenstein is really fun so the fact that I already get those books works out for me, but it may not for everyone else.

Animal Man and Swamp Thing are dealing with the same villain, but I haven't heard of any plans to cross the series over.

As for OMAC and Frankenstein, I don't read either of those, so they don't really matter to me.

Animal Man and Swamp Thing are dealing with the same villain, but I haven't heard of any plans to cross the series over.

It's been mentioned online for a long time that they are going to cross over, and I spoke to Yanick Paquette--the artist of Swamp Thing--the previous weekend at Wizard World in Austin and we talked about it. He didn't spoil stuff of course but was going over the "creative flow of ideas" process. Travel Foreman--the artist of Animal Man--is the only one out of the group who isn't really "involved" and simply only drawing what script is handed to him as far as Yanick knew thus far.

Not for a year. The Rot was a big enough concept that it could comfortably be dealt with in each series separately. But I'm reading both anyway, so it's not a big deal.

Yep I get both so I'm not minding the crossover. And I think its going to be pretty great given how good Animal Man and Swamp Thing have been so far

TheCorpulent1 said:
As for OMAC and Frankenstein, I don't read either of those, so they don't really matter to me.

You should read Frankenstein Corp

It has a werewolf and a mummy fighting a planet of monsters :)

I get that, plus established characters with their own stories that I actually give a s*** about instead of random government agents mutated to look like the Universal monsters for no apparent reason, plus a saucy monster hunter, plus a city of civilized monsters in Legion of Monsters over at Marvel. I was completely bored with Frankenstein #1, but Legion of Monsters shot up to being one of my most anticipated reads after its first issue. Go figure.

I read Legion of Monsters issues 1 and 2 so far and it's been okay. Though that is a 4 part mini. Frankenstein is ongoing and I've enjoyed it more.

I'm terribly sad that Legion of Monsters is only a mini. I wish it were an ongoing. I really need a crazy, off-the-wall ongoing to fill the void Incredible Hercules left.

I was gonna re-read the first 2 issues cause I think I read them too fast. The art was a big plus though.

Nope. Didn't read the first 2 too fast. First issue was still great and the second was "eh" to me. A few funny lines tossed around in issue 2 but overall issue 2 doesn't compare to the first. Though as I said before, the art is fantastic.

I'm digging Legion of Monsters :)

Any comic book with Elsa Bloodstone in it gets my approval.

I never knew much about her before (other than the obvious fact that she's part of the Bloodstone line), but I'm finding I like her quite a bit in Legion of Monsters. Was she in anything else before this that was good? (Besides Nextwave, which I hated.)

Never realized how much I missed Ron Marz writing Kyle Rayner. This issue of Voodoo had the first appearance by that character in a long time that didn't feel like a chore to read for me.

I never knew much about her before (other than the obvious fact that she's part of the Bloodstone line), but I'm finding I like her quite a bit in Legion of Monsters. Was she in anything else before this that was good? (Besides Nextwave, which I hated.)

Ah it was Nextwave that I first saw her in Corp

She was pretty amazing in it though. She battled Mindless Ones fought a devil dinosaur and saved the world from a MODOK :)

She had her own series called Bloodstone which was pretty fun too :up:

anyone know any good online black friday comics sales?

Hm, not sure, but I just ordered the Complete Calvin and Hobbes on Amazon.

Looking at DC's website now, but I only see deals for digital comics today if that helps.

anyone know any good online black friday comics sales?

I know there are some comixology deals for digital comics. I saw Hickman retweet that Fantastic Four # 570 to 588 are .99 cents each.

And I saw Dark Horse tweet that you can get every single Dark Horse Star Wars issue for $100 bucks. Then on Monday I think there is some kind of deal but can't find the tweet now.

Haven't heard anything else but check out the Marvel, DC, and comixology apps I'm sure there are other deals.

Not for a year. The Rot was a big enough concept that it could comfortably be dealt with in each series separately. But I'm reading both anyway, so it's not a big deal.

I think that both Snyder and Lemire have done a good enough job to make the Black feel like a big enough threat to have those titles crossover. Hell I think that Justice League Dark and Frankenstein: Agent of S.H.A.D.E. would benefit from crossing over into Deadworld.

****, so I've got to start buying Swamp Thing now too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"