DC to "Rebirth" in June

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continuity still the same as New 52?

My one hope is that Superman gets a good suit this time.

please let this be the end of new 52.

Oh look right on schedule every 3 to 5 yrs dc reboots it all again.

One reason I like marvel a bit more they just do rebranding, and little retcons. They don't start over totally every few yrs like dc. How many times does this make since the 80s reboot.

Hopefully this means new creative team on Wonder Woman!

The New 52 brand ended last year in June.

One reason I like marvel a bit more they just do rebranding, and little retcons. They don't start over totally every few yrs like dc. How many times does this make since the 80s reboot.
Nothing's been confirmed if it's a complete reboot or just a renumbering like Marvel does these days. I'm betting on the latter, though.

The New 52 brand ended last year in June.

Nothing's been confirmed if it's a complete reboot or just a renumbering like Marvel does these days. I'm betting on the latter, though.

eh, we're still in the new 52 universe/continuity.

I want them to reboot it back to the pre-52 continuity.

DC doesn't really care about continuity nowadays anyway so they don't have to really worry about rebooting.

*cough* Your New 52 Superman is showing.

My one hope is that Superman gets a good suit this time.
Yea. Why all the heroes in Justice League had those lines bugged me to bits.

Hopefully this means new creative team on Wonder Woman!
Yes. Finches need to take a rest. Azarello would be nice again.

DC doesn't really care about continuity nowadays anyway so they don't have to really worry about rebooting.

I wouldn't go so far. They have a lot of heavy events that bleed into everything. They've been pretty good without annoying people with having to get those books, though. Except if you were a Bat fan during Court of Owls. Lol. ;) Course, lots liked those Court of Owls arcs, so... Whatever.

Marvel, on the other hand, just copied DC (again) yet went extreme and now we have a paradoxical cavalcade of noncanon meshing with canon due to Secret War. Bleh to that.

Restore the Titans awesome history to what it was, keep Lobdell the hell away from Starfire.

Just before N52 the DC verse was fine, the great stories from Batman and Aquaman for example could have been told in those same universes...any new costumes could have been simply given then...Wonder Woman could have been revealed in retcon form as daughter of Zeus the whole time...N52 was an unnessesary mess.

New 52 started with some bumps, but it wasn't all that bad. Green Lantern kept going (pretty much) where it left off, then there was easy origins galore, given, but it was fun. JLI was cool, but conflicted with Justice League and Stormwatch with its invasion plot. How were they not involved? Bugs me still. But it was just a couple bumps. I read A LOT of DC titles and they're going fine, honestly. There's a couple titles like Klarion and their revamp of Lobo that made you wanna ask what the hell they were thinking, but yea, I'm not against experimentation.

Marvel is so messy right now. If you didn't read Secret War and that building up to it, you are lost. Hands down, you are lost. I'm not trying to say which is less worse, I'm saying DC is doing really well. You get your page amount with most titles still $3, while Marvel is getting more and more pamphlet sized and is a bare-minimum of $4. DC, if it's more than $3, it shows in quantity of pages. Marvel's busy trying to keep on top with it's universe and Star Wars swag now. Quality is suffering in my, and other comic shop goers', opinion(s).

Restore the Titans awesome history to what it was, keep Lobdell the hell away from Starfire.

Just before N52 the DC verse was fine, the great stories from Batman and Aquaman for example could have been told in those same universes...any new costumes could have been simply given then...Wonder Woman could have been revealed in retcon form as daughter of Zeus the whole time...N52 was an unnessesary mess.

The idea of the New 52 was good. A full on reboot to better accommodate the times, and giving new readers a good jumping off point. The problem was that there was no foresight. They rushed into a new reboot not considering all of the storyline prospects and opportunities, picking and choosing what to keep and what to ditch. Superman and the Titans definitely suffered the most from this.

But the biggest problem was DC overbearing editorial that drove away a ton of their good writers like Mark Waid and Grant Morrison to name a few. This led to so many books starting strong, but falling soon after. Earth 2 was a series I was enjoying quite a bit, t'ill mid way through World's End where everything went to hell.

Honestly, bringing back old continuities wouldn't do them any good. The pre-52 stuff was stagnant in sales, with too much overlapping continuity nods from post and pre-crisis present in it that it'd be too difficult for new readers to jump in.

A full on, and I mean complete wipe the slate clean reboot is what they should go with.

I'm one of the fans that was happy with the New 52, to be honest. Was it perfect? No. But for characters like Wonder Woman it gave a much needed update.

I do hope they're not doing some full on reboot already because it's only going to hurt sales, not help them. The majority of fans would rather deal with retcons/continuity issues than full on reboots every few years.

At least I know I would.

Are you reading the Superman comic that has been established in pre-52 continuity? You do know the sales on it haven't been the most promising.

It was bound to happen, the new 52 did too much mess.

Superman, Wonder Woman are unrecognizable by now.
The Timeline is a mess for all of the characters.

The reboot was a good idea on paper, but to do something like that...it would have needed a lot more work.

By now we have an okay timeline in the new 52...but it is far from what it could have been.

I fear the worst, but hope for the best.

I especially hope that they Repair what they have done to Superman and Wonder Woman(break them up and act like they have never been a couple)

The Best Wonder Woman series since the reboot is the legend of wonder woman...at least to me.

There are good Books in the new 52, so i hope that for example the court of owls stays in the continuity.

We will see what this will be.

Are you reading the Superman comic that has been established in pre-52 continuity? You do know the sales on it haven't been the most promising.

no. I haven't.

I tried getting back into comics when the new 52 launched.

stuck with it for about a year or so, but then started losing interest due to the direction they were taking the characters.

and from what I've been reading about the current issues, it sounds like the storylines still aren't that interesting.

I mean, what happened with Kara? when last I left her, she was coming off that Crucible arc, and it looked like she was going to lose her powers. It finally seemed like her story was going to get interesting again.

but then....poof. her book just disappeared.

is Kara still even featured in the current continuity?

I think the Batman stories in the new 52 have been great. Hopefully they don't mess around too much with that.

Last edited:
sure it could be a renumbering but we already seen various titles do that already. So that is why i still feel its more likely it be another reboot. As dc does seem to fall into a total reboot every 5 yrs give or take ever since the big 80s reboot.

and from what I've been reading about the current issues, it sounds like the storylines still aren't that interesting.

Well aren't you just a "life is too short" customer for DC then? 1st you want pre-52 comics, now you're told it exists and you say "well i haven't heard anything interesting".

The New 52 has turned out some great stories I'd hate to see undone. Hopefully this is just another relaunch, as much as that would annoy me, it's better than another reboot. What concerns me is the rumors that they plan to focus even more on their movie and TV characters, which is the exact opposite of what they should be doing. Marvel is so successful these days because of their diverse stable of books. DC should be giving us Blue Beetle/Booster Gold, Metal Men, Static Shock, Hawkman/Hawkgirl, Saint Walker, etc... rather than just more of Bats, Superman, Wonder Woman and Harley.

Very true, but MARVEL has totally thrown me off with all new #1's (yes DC has done it too I'm aware) and like 5 different X-Men and Avengers titles.

Just seems like a desperate sales boost attempt.

True, but look at their numbers. They desperately need it as they barely break the top 10 anymore. Superman titles averaged about 40k for 2015, ouch. The only thing selling at the end of the year was DKIII, big surprise and it ain't even part of the whole New 52.

eh, we're still in the new 52 universe/continuity.

A reboot will happen but to just reboot back to an old continuity will probably never happen.

The idea of the New 52 was good. A full on reboot to better accommodate the times, and giving new readers a good jumping off point. The problem was that there was no foresight. They rushed into a new reboot not considering all of the storyline prospects and opportunities, picking and choosing what to keep and what to ditch. Superman and the Titans definitely suffered the most from this.

But the biggest problem was DC overbearing editorial that drove away a ton of their good writers like Mark Waid and Grant Morrison to name a few. This led to so many books starting strong, but falling soon after. Earth 2 was a series I was enjoying quite a bit, t'ill mid way through World's End where everything went to hell.

Honestly, bringing back old continuities wouldn't do them any good. The pre-52 stuff was stagnant in sales, with too much overlapping continuity nods from post and pre-crisis present in it that it'd be too difficult for new readers to jump in.

A full on, and I mean complete wipe the slate clean reboot is what they should go with.

Agreed. People forget they are a business, they want to get new customers. A business does not thrive with the same market forever, the same buyers. They thrive by expanding and bringing in new customers.

I'm one of the fans that was happy with the New 52, to be honest. Was it perfect? No. But for characters like Wonder Woman it gave a much needed update.

I do hope they're not doing some full on reboot already because it's only going to hurt sales, not help them. The majority of fans would rather deal with retcons/continuity issues than full on reboots every few years.

At least I know I would.

Agreed completely. I never read DC, save for Batman stuff until New 52 because it'd be a good jumping on point for me. And yes, until then was not a huge Wonder Woman fan until New 52.

This idea of just going back to the old will never work. DC has to keep in mind they got a new readership, new audience and to leave them in the dust would only hurt DC. Yes, you could argue they did that to the original, older readership but to do it twice would be ridiculous. They need to find some middle ground. I've heard people say have a Pre 52 Superman and New 52 Superman comic. So flood the market with two versions of everything? No, that would hurt them and the comic market. I think it's fair to say DC has dug themselves a hole they cannot get out of.

For me the only thing I really hate with both dc and marvel is they don't care for legacy numbers any more. And the constant new number 1s they think be easier for new readers to jump on but it just makes older fans and the collectors harder to complete runs. As vol listings are not there. And you have to go to special sites like marvel.wikia or dc wikia judt to know what vol a book is these days.

For me the only thing I really hate with both dc and marvel is they don't care for legacy numbers any more. And the constant new number 1s they think be easier for new readers to jump on but it just makes older fans and the collectors harder to complete runs. As vol listings are not there. And you have to go to special sites like marvel.wikia or dc wikia judt to know what vol a book is these days.

Agreed, these #1's are for collectors to make people think it'll be worth something one day when it will be worth jack ****in ****. When these #1's start nothing new at all, it's not a reboot but more like a new season with the last arc being completely done and wrapped up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"