DC Universe (Animated) - Batman: HUSH (2019)

Pfeiffer-Pfan

Cool Rider
Reaction score
So according to this RTF exclusive, Jason O'Mara and co. are coming back for Batman: Hush.

Jason O'Mara (Batman)
Jerry O'Connell (Superman)
Tara Strong (Harley Quinn)
Rainn Wilson (Lex Luthor?)
Bruce Thomas (Jim Gordon)
Vanessa Williams (Amanda Waller)

Which of course means that they'll be using their in house Bourassa style and tweaking the story to fit their continuity needs. It's far from the best Batman story/graphic novel, but it deserves better than this.

It's far from the best Batman story/graphic novel, but it deserves better than this.
I agree it's not a great story, but I do like parts of it. I hope they keep that fantastically brutal Joker beatdown.

I think visually it's a better story than the written narrative itself but the visuals do 'pop' and also it goes a long way round to tell quite a straight forward story in the end, once the 'surprises' are peeled back but it should make a very good animated film, which, I think suits it more than a live action adaption would.

So according to this RTF exclusive, Jason O'Mara and co. are coming back for Batman: Hush.

Jason O'Mara (Batman)
Jerry O'Connell (Superman)
Tara Strong (Harley Quinn)
Rainn Wilson (Lex Luthor?)
Bruce Thomas (Jim Gordon)
Vanessa Williams (Amanda Waller)

Which of course means that they'll be using their in house Bourassa style and tweaking the story to fit their continuity needs. It's far from the best Batman story/graphic novel, but it deserves better than this.
Damn. That’s a bummer. I wish they’d get rid of O’Mara. Was watching JL: War last night and remembered how much I dislike his Batman. It just doesn’t sound right. Idk why they don’t just get Conroy for everything. You know he’d do it too. O’Mara has done so many movies now and he still hasn’t really caught on with fans. That says so much.

I just wish they would’ve cast Hamill and Conroy and that this would’ve been in the same visual style as the comic. HUGE missed opportunity there. I’ll still see it though...

Last edited:
It's funny I was dead against this New 52 designed DCU until I saw The Death of Superman, since then I went back & watched Batman Bad Blood too and enjoyed that. Im happy this is in continuity.

I for one am glad it's not Conroy cause personally as much as I love his Batman I'm kinda bored of it.

Conroy's voice acting has fallen off a bit these days, anyway.

Yes, there have been a few times in recent years where he's sounded to me like he's just 'going through the motions'.

It's funny I was dead against this New 52 designed DCU until I saw The Death of Superman, since then I went back & watched Batman Bad Blood too and enjoyed that. Im happy this is in continuity.

I for one am glad it's not Conroy cause personally as much as I love his Batman I'm kinda bored of it.

I agree. I just rewatched The Death of Superman. That, along with SS: Hell to Pay have really showcased a step up in quality. If we can have quality films in a shared continuity then I'm all for it.

The Death of Superman and (especially) Hell to Pay are excellent :up:

I agree. I just rewatched The Death of Superman. That, along with SS: Hell to Pay have really showcased a step up in quality. If we can have quality films in a shared continuity then I'm all for it.

Oh I still have SS: HTP to watch. Also need to watch Teen Titans Judas Contract.

Me too

It’s much cheaper for them to reuse the old designs I guess. I miss the days when they would adapt the visual style of the comic they were adapting. That was a big part of the fun

It’s much cheaper for them to reuse the old designs I guess. I miss the days when they would adapt the visual style of the comic they were adapting. That was a big part of the fun

And arguably, one of the defining aspects of a comic book, is the art style it’s drawn in. Remove that, and you take away a significant part of why the comic is popular. One of Killing Joke’s many crimes was the bland art style used.

This should also be a 2 part movie.

I am a fan of Hush storyline. Bought the montly issues when it came out, own the TPBs. Just a shame if this is a 80 minute averege animated feature with the new 52 designs.

Oh I still have SS: HTP to watch. Also need to watch Teen Titans Judas Contract.

Me too

Judas Contract was pretty good—not at the level of the other two however.

I want Jim Lee type animation!

Not gonna happen as it’s in continuity.

This should also be a 2 part movie.

I disagree there isn’t enough in the story to make it interesting in two parts. There aren’t a lot of stories that they should need to do in more than one film.

Tbh I find the Hush storyline overrated anyway.

Judas Contract was pretty good—not at the level of the other two however.

Yeah I liked it solid movie but not amazing.

Last edited:
I've always felt WB's attempt to make a shared universe through direct to DVD movies was a really stupid idea that took away from their appeal in the first place (that they didn't need to be tied down to a continuity)

I've always felt WB's attempt to make a shared universe through direct to DVD movies was a really stupid idea that took away from their appeal in the first place (that they didn't need to be tied down to a continuity)

It’s probably an effective cost measure they had to make. At first I was against it but I’ve come round on it. No way does the Death of Superman work aswell on an emotional level if you didn’t have the previous in continuity JL movies with him and these characters.

I still disagree with this... He's been doing it for 28 years and he is rarely given any quality material to work with anymore. You're bound to waver from time to time. Plus, I think he sounds more effective coming out of an ''animated'' Batman as opposed to the more ''realistic'' Arkham/Injustice versions.

I mean, I think he's great here and don't notice that much difference from his hey day:

O'Mara is fine but has never clicked with me overall. I don't mind him or this ''universe'' but I have a soft spot for HUSH and I really wanted it to get the DKR/Batman: Year One treatment.

Just a shame if this is a 80 minute averege animated feature with the new 52 designs.
Be prepared for disappointment cause that's probably exactly what we're getting ...

Now the same website is saying we are getting a two-part animated adaptation of THE LONG HALLOWEEN at some point in the future, featuring such voices as Troy Baker, Jensen Ackles, etc.

Now the same website is saying we are getting a two-part animated adaptation of THE LONG HALLOWEEN at some point in the future, featuring such voices as Troy Baker, Jensen Ackles, etc.
Holy f!!!!! YES! Mario F Robles is legit too, so this is most likely true! Hell yea! He even says it'll be in the style of Year One or TDKR, where they adapt the original art style. YES!

Tim Sale's art style is going to be tough... but I hope they at least give it a good go AND play with the colour palette of the film. Killing Joke looked too bland compared to the book.

I prefer Conroy & Hamill but I like Hush as a story so I'll watch the film.

They are sometimes slightly odd in choosing voice casts - there are several now for various characters; for example they variously choose Conroy, O'Mara, Diedrich Bader, Bruce Greenwood, Troy Baker or Roger Craig Smith for Batman; as well as Hamill they have John DiMaggio, Jeff Bennett and Troy Baker as well as others - I'm talking about the DC Animated Movies in and outside the shared continuity, the Lego films, games, Unlimited and various TV series.

if it's not confusing (availability, director preferences etc) it is inconsistent!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"