DC Universe - Justice League Dark: Apokalips War (2020)

Been hearing a lot about this recently. I don't think I'd heard before that there was supposed to be a "DC Animated Movie Universe" (first time I've heard of it) even though I've seen a handful of the movies now.

Glad to see that some of the movies are up on DC Universe so I'm planning on going back and watching from the start. But too bad DC Universe doesn't have all of them, or even this movie. :( Guess I'll have to rent it, or maybe just wait until it hits DCU eventually....

I enjoyed Justice League Dark: Apokolips War and it's pretty much like the DC animated version of Endgame. I was hurt to seeing John Stewart killed off but I appreciate they subverted my expectations and I didn't expect to see a lot of superheroes killed off very violently. I would give this a 8/10.

^ You couldn't spoiler tag that reference to John Stewart? Not really something I wanted to know before seeing the movie.

^ You couldn't spoiler tag that reference to John Stewart? Not really something I wanted to know before seeing the movie.
Oh the movie has been out for a while and in the previous page KaijuDude1992 already revealed that John Stewart died without putting a spoiler tag over it so I assumed it was okay to reveal certain spoilers. My apologies but you can check on previous pages that most posters literally didn't put any spoilers tags over things that happened in the movie.

Justice League Dark: Apokolips War is the perfect ending to the New 52 DC Animated Universe that started with Justice League: Flashpoint Paradox.
I have a hate/love relationship with the new 52 movies but I admit this was a pretty cool way to conclude a universe. I'm interested to see if they will create another DC animated universe.

I have a hate/love relationship with the new 52 movies but I admit this was a pretty cool way to conclude a universe. I'm interested to see if they will create another DC animated universe.

Next animated after this is Superman: Man of Tomorrow.

I can't seem to find this on the DC streaming service at all, or even the first one . They really shoot themselves in the foot with that "service"

I can't seem to find this on the DC streaming service at all, or even the first one . They really shoot themselves in the foot with that "service"

They moved the movies premiere dates on DCU from 60 days to 90 days after release

Think I’m gonna do a rewatch of JL War, Throne of Atlantis, JL vs Titans, Death & Return of Superman then this.

Think I’m gonna do a rewatch of JL War, Throne of Atlantis, JL vs Titans, Death & Return of Superman then this.
I don’t think it’s as rewarding to watch them in order as it is for say the MCU, or DCEU, or the DCAU. It doesn’t heighten the enjoyment of it IMO. This movie was great though.

You forgot JL Dark before the Death and Return of Superman. And if you have more time maybe Hush and Bloodlines before watching Apokolips War to show Luthor is on the JL and the costume changes of Batman and WW.

Any other movies in the DamianVerse you can skip without missing a beat on what’s going on with this movie.

You forgot JL Dark before the Death and Return of Superman. And if you have more time maybe Hush and Bloodlines before watching Apokolips War to show Luthor is on the JL and the costume changes of Batman and WW.

Any other movies in the DamianVerse you can skip without missing a beat on what’s going on with this movie.

ah yes thanks, I’m gonna skip the Batman ones tbh, although I didn’t mind Hush. I haven’t watched Bloodlines yet either.

I just wonder, why don’t WB make long, theatrical-released animated (like Spider-Verse) but stick to short, DVD-release ? I mean with all the source material they have, it’s kind of a no brainer.

I just wonder, why don’t WB make long, theatrical-released animated (like Spider-Verse) but stick to short, DVD-release ? I mean with all the source material they have, it’s kind of a no brainer.
The Lego Batman Movie kinda hit that same market for the big screen, although I guess we won't get a sequel to that now that Universal have taken over the Lego movie rights.

Finally got around to watching and....WOW. It was actually REALLY GOOD? Ever since they started this New52 continuity I have not been that impressed with majority of the films and stopped buying them but this was definitely one of the best of the bunch! They did exactly what the live action-verse should've been leading up to.

I give them props for going full throttle, they killed A LOT of heroes which I was not expecting. They didn't go the usual route of having Superman go fully toe to toe with Darkseid...they allowed Trigon to do the deed and it all made so much sense and something that is rarely done.

Some of their choices of course didn't make sense...like Zantannas death. She is blasting the parademons, still has full use of her words and she wastes them on shouting for Constantine instead of casting a spell that couldve saved her. Harley is wearing booty shorts for some reason? They just had try to keep her sexualized to a degree? I feel like Darkseid would've had Wonder Woman lead the female furies instead of robotizing her..and not sure why WW/Constantine didnt use the lasso on the rest of the League to bring them back. But I enjoyed the fight, any time where WW can truly show what she is made of is always great.

Constantine really was the lead here which is good since it was JL:D but he didnt over power everyone else. Him being in a relationship with King Shark? Ok...I'll take it.

The ending with all of them knowing that things are going to change...no joke, that has been in my mind FOREVER whenever they do reboots. The heroes embracing one another watching as the light comes knowing that everything is about to change.

It was both really bad and really good. It was bold and stupid. It was beautiful and childish. It was ******ed and brilliant.

Hard for me to get invested in another animated continuity reset. Like...why? What was the point?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"