DC Universe - Justice League Dark: Apokalips War (2020)

Hard for me to get invested in another animated continuity reset. Like...why? What was the point?

Is Man of Tomorrow suppose to be a new DC Universe continuity???

Or just another off shoot movie like Batman Year One, Superman vs the Elite, etc...

If it is a restart then it is to FIX the “no direction And see what sticks” approach of the DamianVerse. I mean cmon the timelines were not well thought of like the how the Teen Titans were already heroes before WW and Aquaman were and Batman was still an urban legend. And was that actually Barry Allen Flash as a kid in the Titans?? Because Kid Flash is black in the Apokolips War. I don’t know.

So if it is a new continuity then I think they have learned their lesson from DamianVerse and it will be more thought out this time.

Is Man of Tomorrow suppose to be a new DC Universe continuity???

Or just another off shoot movie like Batman Year One, Superman vs the Elite, etc...

When it was announced last year, it was touted as a standalone Superman adventure. However, there were a few comments in the sneak peek that could be interpreted differently.

I guess we'll just have to wait for the press release and the annoucement of next years slate.

It was both really bad and really good. It was bold and stupid. It was beautiful and childish. It was ******ed and brilliant.
This sums up about how I feel about the New 52 animated movies in general.

When it was announced last year, it was touted as a standalone Superman adventure. However, there were a few comments in the sneak peek that could be interpreted differently.

I guess we'll just have to wait for the press release and the annoucement of next years slate.

Yeah I noticed those comments I reckon they’re leaving it open but are gonna see how it does first.

The darknest of DC,allowed in animated movies, but in live ation people get pressed and want it to be light in tone.
How Ironic,

anyway This movie get me very exicted for Justive league dark Series, i hope matt ryan get cast

The big difference is the feature movie have a much wider audience so you can go darker and in other territories when the risk is far lower.

I'm going to watch Apokolips War for the first time some time over the next few days. I own all the 'New 52' animated movies (bar Son of Batman, Batman vs Robin, and Batman: Bad Blood). Are there any rewatches recommended/required before going into this?

Last edited:
Bruhhhh you’re in for a treat. This was a killer film. One of the best DC animated offerings for sure

my recommended rewatches: Justice League War and Death and Return of Superman.

Last edited:
It was honestly such a crime that those Jason O’Mara Batman movies were as bad as they were. I have not once found myself ever wanting to rewatch any of those movies. Jason O’Mara was a really sh***y Batman. I have no idea why they continued to hire him. ****ing horrible.

It was honestly such a crime that those Jason O’Mara Batman movies were as bad as they were. I have not once found myself ever wanting to rewatch any of those movies. Jason O’Mara was a really sh***y Batman. I have no idea why they continued to hire him. ****ing horrible.

He always sounded like he was bored to me, he wasn’t a good choice at all.

Infact I Think the Jason O’Mara Batman movies were a real low point for the DC Animated movies. I found them extremely bland and I wasn’t excited for a single one of them.

Bruhhhh you’re in for a treat. This was a killer film. One of the best DC animated offerings for sure

my recommended rewatches: Justice League War and Death and Return of Superman.
Many thanks! :up:

He always sounded like he was bored to me, he wasn’t a good choice at all.

Infact I Think the Jason O’Mara Batman movies were a real low point for the DC Animated movies. I found them extremely bland and I wasn’t excited for a single one of them.
There was a bit too much of a focus on Damian too.

They reeeeally ****ed up the Court of Owls AND Hush storylines. How do you **** those up, they’re some of the best Batman stories ever.

There was a bit too much of a focus on Damian too.

They reeeeally ****ed up the Court of Owls AND Hush storylines. How do you **** those up, they’re some of the best Batman stories ever.

Yeah Court of Owls was so boring .

I actually didn’t mind Hush as much but the reveal was lame, they acted like the Riddler was a C list villain and he isn’t so the reveal was a mess. They should have just stuck with it being Tommy Elliott and maybe made us think he died.

Under the Red Hood was good as far as Batman goes and that's in the New 52 era for that movie I think.

I'm going to watch Apokolips War for the first time some time over the next few days. I own all the 'New 52' animated movies (bar Son of Batman, Batman vs Robin, and Batman: Bad Blood). Are there any rewatches recommended/required before going into this?

Pretty much the basics are 7 movies:

War
Throne of Atlantis
JL vs Teen Titans
JL Dark
Death of Superman
Reign of the Supermen
Apokolips War

I mean if you want to have a 10 movie universe you can add Son of Batman, Bloodlines and Hush

All the rest are just fillers and for Damien Fans or Suicide Squad Fans or TT fans.

Pretty much the basics are 7 movies:

War
Throne of Atlantis
JL vs Teen Titans
JL Dark
Death of Superman
Reign of the Supermen
Apokolips War

I mean if you want to have a 10 movie universe you can add Son of Batman, Bloodlines and Hush

All the rest are just fillers and for Damien Fans or Suicide Squad Fans or TT fans.
Thanks! :up: (I watched Hush just a couple of nights ago, and Bloodlines maybe a couple of months back)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"