DC Universe - Justice League: War

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morrison's JLA and the JLU was far superior. It's why this series was such a letdown. I'd prefer to have seen them adapted.

I wasn't a big fan of either of these either to be honest. Morrison's JLA had an interesting origin maybe, but everything that followed was poor. The stories were difficult to follow and it felt like flash and little substance with all of the bright colors and fight poses.

JLU was the opposite. Amazing series that brings back a lot of nostalgia since that was my childhood, however the origin was bland. Superman and Batman already knew each other and the other members all conveniently show up all at once with little explanation and there we go - a Justice League is born. I would have liked to see a more gradual union of the members. Also, were Hawkgirl and John Stewart previously seen in the DCAU anywhere? Because it seemed kind of random that they happened to show up on Earth as the White Martians attacked. It seemed that they previously knew each other as well.

Anyway, I wasn't completely pleased by the New 52 Justice League origin either, but I trust that the animated movie could make it more palatable. I really liked what they did with the Flashpoint Paradox. I read part of the comic afterwards and thought the movie was more enjoyable. I'm pretty optimistic for this even though I think it's disappointed that Aquaman might be left out of it.

I can't wait, I loved the story myself, think done people are far too snobbish with omits these days tbh. It sees to be the popular opinion to think something sucks nowadays.

It wasn't a bad story... it was just really, really bland.

As with most of Johns' work.

It wasn't a bad story... it was just really, really bland.

As with most of Johns' work.

Well have to agree to disagree I'm a bif fan of this story and Johns work in general.

Also I'm not saying people have to like something I just seems that its the norm these days for people to be overly critical of something. Not sure why the worlds gone that way must be the age of the internet.

Personally I thought it was a very fun story, I feel like comics nowadays are lacking more of these big, epic fun "good guys vs the big evil bad" kind of stories. My only real criticism is that Cyborg went from ordinary teenager to Justice Leaguer in zero time and he seemed to adapt to the situation really really quickly.

Personally I thought it was a very fun story, I feel like comics nowadays are lacking more of these big, epic fun "good guys vs the big evil bad" kind of stories. My only real criticism is that Cyborg went from ordinary teenager to Justice Leaguer in zero time and he seemed to adapt to the situation really really quickly.

This I do agree with :up:

9az9mb.jpg

Artwork there gets a huge :up: from me

Yeah that's a great screenshot. Damnit if they lure me into this ****ing video with Art, I'm still holding out til I get a damn good reason as to why Aquaman appears to be cut.

Yeah that's a great screenshot. Damnit if they lure me into this ****ing video with Art, I'm still holding out til I get a damn good reason as to why Aquaman appears to be cut.

He will be getting is own big ''splashy'' entrance in the next one I bet.

I always got the sense that Johns didn't really want to write the origin story, but was told that he had to, so he half-assed it (it wasn't bad, just meh). You can tell when Johns is really excited about a premise and when he's just going through the motions. Throne of Atlantis was awesome and it was obviously a story that Johns wanted to tell for a while. WW's movie costume is an interesting redesign.

Eh...not a fan. It could be better, but I suppose it could a lot worse, too. I like the extra blue, and her hair looks nice, but the breastplate and the area above it keep me from loving the design as a whole. I can't wait to see what Superman looks like.

Wonder when we'll get a trailer, we usually don't have to wait quite so long

I can't wait, I loved the story myself, think done people are far too snobbish with omits these days tbh. It sees to be the popular opinion to think something sucks nowadays.
Agree with it being a popular opinion nowadays but this comic was nothing special, Cyborg shouldn't have been added to the Roster instead of other characters that deserve it more, Darkseid was only the dragon they had to defeat, didn't have much to do, and the portrayal of Superman was very bland.

And nowadays there's lot of Good VS Evil in comics, so i don't see where that criticismo comes from. People who complain aren't being snobish, so can't they complain if the flagship title in the New 52 isn't above average?

Um....WWs outfit would look ok if the breastplate was so small and skinny. To much red and they made sure to give her boobs, but should've made that W way bigger.

Why not cover her arms completely? Or even use the actual New 52 design?

Agree with it being a popular opinion nowadays but this comic was nothing special, Cyborg shouldn't have been added to the Roster instead of other characters that deserve it more, Darkseid was only the dragon they had to defeat, didn't have much to do, and the portrayal of Superman was very bland.

And nowadays there's lot of Good VS Evil in comics, so i don't see where that criticismo comes from. People who complain aren't being snobish, so can't they complain if the flagship title in the New 52 isn't above average?

Well have to disagree I think it's a superb book, comics used to be like this and I think it was a return to form.

I'm not saying your snobbish if you don't like the my point is it seems to be a popular opinion to dislike things nowadays. There us a defi tie snobbish attitude from a fair few wgen it comes to not liking new stuff simply because its popular to dislike things.

Last edited:
Oh, i did enjoy it, but the comic was nothing special because there are many like it nowadays, i think it could have been better if they weren't in a rush to tell the story, due to the first 2 issues i thought the first 6 issues would be the team banding together to prepare for the coming threat and that the next 6 issues would be them confronting Darkseid's invasion.

It should have really been a 12 issue epic a la The Ultimates, as it was the plot was very condensed. As a whole i did enjoy the storyline, but i really hated Cyborg being promoted to Justice League member, well, i don't really have a problem with him on the team, i have a problem with him being one of the founding members, something that has lead to many members of the forum now saying he's more worthy to be on the film adaptation than such characters as Aquaman and Martian Manhunter.

I like Cyborg, but i prefer him within the dynamic of the Teen Titans team, one of the reasons why i dropped that book was because the team right now is boring.

Oh, i did enjoy it, but the comic was nothing special because there are many like it nowadays, i think it could have been better if they weren't in a rush to tell the story, due to the first 2 issues i thought the first 6 issues would be the team banding together to prepare for the coming threat and that the next 6 issues would be them confronting Darkseid's invasion.

It should have really been a 12 issue epic a la The Ultimates, as it was the plot was very condensed. As a whole i did enjoy the storyline, but i really hated Cyborg being promoted to Justice League member, well, i don't really have a problem with him on the team, i have a problem with him being one of the founding members, something that has lead to many members of the forum now saying he's more worthy to be on the film adaptation than such characters as Aquaman and Martian Manhunter.

I like Cyborg, but i prefer him within the dynamic of the Teen Titans team, one of the reasons why i dropped that book was because the team right now is boring.

I think 12 issues might have been too many but definitely around 8 I think would have been better. I loved it though but I agree that it could have done with a bit more fleshing out.

Why not cover her arms completely? Or even use the actual New 52 design?

Because directors should be given the freedom they wish to have on approving character designs. I don't see the big problem here, let Jay Oliva do what he want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"