Legends of Tomorrow DC's Legends of Tomorrow Season 1 Episode 13: "Leviathan"

herolee10

No More Miracles
Reaction score
legends-of-tomorrow-tv-show-poster-01-600x350.jpg

Rip (Arthur Darvill) takes the team to London in the year 2166, three months before his family is killed. He believes this to be their final opportunity to take out Savage (Casper Crump) who is, unfortunately, at the height of his power. However, the team discovers two key elements to defeating him – Savage’s daughter (guest star Jessica Sipos) and the means to kill Savage once and for all. Gregory Smith directed the episode written by Sarah Nicole Jones & Ray Utarnachitt.

TV PROMO
[YT]oFHhMFQskxw[/YT]

So they're introducing Scandal?

Any takers she and Sara get friendly or she backstabs her father so she can takeover?

If they're successful does this mean they'll need to take down the Time Masters to insure they can return to their own time without fear of reprisal attacks since they've already made one attempt?

What this series needs is a bit of dr who and by that I mean something in the vein of the tesseract so they replace Rip's family with lifelike duplicates so they're assumed killed but in truth rescued and Savage fooled so Rip recruits the team and establishes what they need to save his family.

I just can't see the Time Masters in a positive light given Rip may have gone rogue but the world is going to c%%p and they're doing nothing but judging minnows whose apparent crimes are eliminated by their actions with no idea if this is what caused Savage's rise to power?

Extended Promo
[YT]iAlrteTOsj4[/YT]​

Is that?

Their version of Chemo or the Apocalypsian Robot sorry the Chinese Robot from the JLU animated series?

That's a shame I was rather hoping they'd expand on that bit with the fight in the factory leading to Ray putting his foot down his throat and that giant robot foot kicking in the ceiling sequence we saw what wasn't that a year ago now?:cwink:

Giant Atom vs a big ass robot. This episode is awesome.

Legends has become Pacific Rim. I think that giant robot is supposed to be a Chemo version of Atom.

Very Awesome. Wish Ant-Man had his own tv series, if it can work for DC then it could work very well for Marvel.

Last edited:
the entire episode was enjoable over all and the gave good reason why were able to kill him instead of thumbing . though she Kendra did try to face him alone again. she tried and almost did it.

oh that Leviathan ROBOT has the ATOM symbol it might be related to palmer's teach so he was the best person to take it on and save the refugee's at the rebels camp.

they have him as prisoner now. but the ship's damaged and in need of serious repairs. other wise they should launch tothe sun via a mille as fast as possible but they give chance to escape and cause trouble onthe ship before that.

Snart should have been the one to have talk to pardigodon instead of rip. he managed to turn scandal savage (yeah I'm aware she didn't answer that name here) around .

For the most comic book like show in all of television they just did the most comic book thing I've ever seen in a live action. Far as the rest of the episode I felt it was enjoyable my favorite part Kendra's storyline. She became a full fledged bad ass then she got her mace and it's not covered in Nth Metal.

For the most comic book like show in all of television they just did the most comic book thing I've ever seen in a live action. Far as the rest of the episode I felt it was enjoyable my favorite part Kendra's storyline. She became a full fledged bad ass then she got her mace and it's not covered in Nth Metal.
it's covered in N'th metal now, thanks that to the bracelet being melted as kendra told heat wave to do so.

so its N'th metal coated and not pure. and it's not high techy sadly. but there's N'th metal on it now.

I like that they didn't screw anything up, and actually made Ray serious and competant.

The giant battle was pretty awesome. There was a (technical) thing I don't understand though... Why did they do the close-ups of the Giant Atom in CGI? It was distracting and a filmed close-up would have done the job better.

This was one of the best done episodes of the series so far.

Pros :
Giant Battle was awesome.
Jax reminding Ray he had laser guns was nice.
Scandal/Cassandra was portrayed well.
Savage was actually threatening with his forces.
Carter being a competent goon was a nice twist, being waiting for him to reappear.
Kendra was legitimately bad-ass. The look on her face when the Mace can be seen working sold the scene for me.

Cons :
Stein was entirely right to suggest that they formulate a plan. If timing for the rally was such an issue, they could have easily jumped to a time period, 1 less day into the future.

Cassandra's attempt at deception was weak. "Oh I must have lost it" isn't terribly believable to even the naive but to Savage... Could easily have just told the truth that Legends had taken it.

Both Kendra and Rip act as if killing Savage would doom all incarnations of Carter, not just this particular one. Killing Carter and letting him reincarnate free of the brainwashing seemed like a sensible, if hard to make decision to me. Presuming of course Savage doesn't have some mystical it follows you through death brainwashing going on.

Jax doesn't suffer at all from Stein being impaled or sedated which was a little jarring. I presume writing out FireStorm was so they could spend the budget on the giant robot, which I'm totally fine with given how it turned out.

Tired of the same old reviews? Try out my new "Super Accurate Point Review System". Maybe it's the change you've been searching for. My first ever "SAPRS" takes a look at Episode 13 of Legends of Tomorrow. Drop a like, a comment, let me know if you want more of these. I watch all DC shows plus many many more on a variety of networks.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXuc0E1Oay4

The Atom vs Robot was great. Kendra/Carter/Savage story line is really getting dragged out. There were parts where I thought finally, Kendra is gonna have the upper hand, but then there's several episodes after so this was inevitable. Robot was dope.

I liked Cold a lot.
And Savage daughter was a better character than Savage in one episode.

Savage never looked powerfull in all this season, it look like they could have captured him like this multiple times, I dislike his character, he was better in the cross-over.

And I dislike the whole drama with Carter that is immortal anyways, and they could try to fix him themselves, and Savage will betray them.

Last edited:
Now there's a missed opportunity for Ray to have worn Apache clothing in the Old West story, or a long wig with a headband in the sixties.

So the only major things that the the group has accomplished from their various time travels are:

1. Helping a Nurse come out of the Closet in the 50's

2. Killing Present Day Carter in the 70's

3. Aiding an crazy Russian Scientist in blowing herself up (and everyone else) at a Russian Prison

It seems like the only good thing that they managed to bring about was saving an old Western Town from an group of thieves....something that had nothing to do with their pursuit of Savage.

So the only major things that the the group has accomplished from their various time travels are:

1. Helping a Nurse come out of the Closet in the 50's

2. Killing Present Day Carter in the 70's

3. Aiding an crazy Russian Scientist in blowing herself up (and everyone else) at a Russian Prison

It seems like the only good thing that they managed to bring about was saving an old Western Town from an group of thieves....something that had nothing to do with their pursuit of Savage.

well thanks to stein and Ray they saved HG well's inadvertently saved a town that doesn't exist any more in the old west.

helped a teen couple get out of a back ward racist town in the 50's, next to sara's adventure in saving that nurse and stopped savage from creating twisted mutant hawk people.

save refugee in future and turned vandal savages Daughter another possible dictator against him which make up for their failed attempt with pardigidon where rip screwed cause he didn't do what snart did.

oh and stopped most of the event where when they interacted with him to kill him and he took piece's of them to make new Armageddon weapons. technically their mistakes but they stopped him with some of that there.

I did not like the episode at all.

I mean, not "at all", that's unfair- the Giant-Atom Leviathan fight was awesome though I can't see why he had to be reminded about using blasters when he uses them all the time whenever he's fighting so there's no real reason for him to forget.

Now, on to my issues. Leviathan attacks the ship while Vandal's daughter is in it risking her death. Is she immortal or something?

The ship is thrown far enough that the robot to take an hour to track it? What?

Cassandra mentions the virus Vandal Savage is reportedly protecting the world against? And Snart didn't go, "What? He's straight up lying to you. See this". They got to that part after a full 15-20 minutes after some stuff about unarmed rebels and stuff.

So, she's been taught deceit by Vandal Savage and gets made in seconds? Well done.

Why doesn't Rip lead with "Kill Savage and save the world" rather than "Save my family"? That's bizarre. Even more bizarre is there is literally no explanation why this Carter is THAT important. He is probably the next next next incarnation and they can literally be born again together the very next birth. Selfish level is EPIC!

Sorry for the rant.:csad:

2166 London,and the only British English accent heard,was on a walkie talkie
HILARIOUS :-)
I feel like melting my wifes gold bracelet and pouring it onto my hammer haha

I liked the ep a lot. The giant battle and the Kendra and Savage storyline were great.

The giant battle was pretty awesome. There was a (technical) thing I don't understand though... Why did they do the close-ups of the Giant Atom in CGI? It was distracting and a filmed close-up would have done the job better.

That was my thought. I get the idea of not going Power Rangers style for the actual fight, but the close up could have avoided CGI and looked better for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"