Legends of Tomorrow DC's Legends of Tomorrow Season 1 Episode 14: "River of Time"

herolee10

No More Miracles
Reaction score
legends-of-tomorrow-tv-show-poster-01-600x350.jpg

After numerous attempts in many different time periods, the team has successfully captured Vandal Savage (guest star Casper Crump). However, Savage tells Kendra (Ciara Renée) that he can reunite her with Carter (Falk Hentschel) so she struggles with whether she should kill him. Rip (Arthur Darvill) decides they will deliver Savage to the Time Masters which doesn’t sit well with Snart (Wentworth Miller) and Rory (Dominic Purcell). The duo decides it may be time to jump ship and return to their old life. Meanwhile, Savage taunts Ray (Brandon Routh) about his place in Kendra’s life. Alice Troughton directed the episode written by Cortney Norris & Anderson Mackenzie.

TV PROMO
[YT]pOzTjSk-2OQ[/YT]

Who wants to bet Savage gets the ability to time travel right now from being on the ship?

Maybe people should be required to wear earplugs when they go into Savage's room.

ETA: Seriously? Not even a security lock others don't have access to?

Last edited:
I like Ray a lot. But man, I wish they would stop making him such a massive **** up.

Can they please stop using Kendra as the scapegoat for romance storylines? Its been her main story since she was first introduced. Instead of her coming to terms with her past lives she has to come to terms with her starcrossed lover. Their story isn't strong enough to be as compelling as the writers are trying to make it seem.

Who wants to bet Savage gets the ability to time travel right now from being on the ship?
apparently he had that ability already. after 1975.

the time drive being damage kinda reminds me again when I said why didn't take tech form Mick's ship after they captured him) and the pilgrim's ship (after they killed her)

at least they would have had spare time drives. among other stuff rip seem to lack. due to his boss's

after savage said he got the ability for fuutre tech from rip /the time masters and the way his boss' like druce were actiing really surprised he didn't think they were in league with each other.

Ray was acting like Diggle last night and for the past two weeks . when they get emotional(mostly angery) man do they screw up massively.

Can they please stop using Kendra as the scapegoat for romance storylines? Its been her main story since she was first introduced. Instead of her coming to terms with her past lives she has to come to terms with her star crossed lover. Their story isn't strong enough to be as compelling as the writers are trying to make it seem.
the writers want romance some where other wise it's boring, As they like to say. the difference though unlike stan Lee that that got it right(cause he wasn't using current day soap opera troupe's) the current writers of today don't know what to do .

With the exception of the man that wrote the freaking "Note book" Andrew sparks (and he's not a comic writer) he's a writer of romance books that might be getting a show on the cw for that very same book and movie continuing where the movie left off.

any way this is the problem these days.

apparently he had that ability already. after 1975.

My theory was that this current version gave the 1975 version time travel. Instead, it appears the Time Masters did.

Technically, Ray's actions were no harm no foul (if anything, it succeeded in waking up Carter). However, Rip's actions screwed them all again.

I was hoping Vandal Savage would drop the elbow on Ray Palmer in their fight scene.

Vandal Savage carried this episode and showed why he's among DC's top villains.

My theory was that this current version gave the 1975 version time travel. Instead, it appears the Time Masters did.

Technically, Ray's actions were no harm no foul (if anything, it succeeded in waking up Carter). However, Rip's actions screwed them all again.
yeah well let think about it , who trained rip the time masters . and while he is rebellious , they didn't give him the best stuff (gear wise) looking at the pilgrim and what she can do. some tell me that may be he was some short change in this show universe when it came to strategies and tactic's training. which his wife was way better then him at as we saw.

and they were trying to screw him over at every turn . if he's screwing up it was part of their plan I guess .
Druce or someone that mentored him was already corrupt and just joined force with savage.

What would be ideal is this. A mystery masked time master comes to the rescue. After unmasking we learn it was Booster.

Second possibility Jax comes back

Good episode I thought it was the best of Vandal we've seen in a long time. He was very manipulative and a fierce warrior.

"Who are you to take on Vandal Savage destroyer of empires?%
"Leonard Snart robber of ATMs"

:hehe: :D

You know, I really hope that for Season 2....we have Rip, Ray, Sara, Cold, and Stein make the cut for the next group roster.

I think it's safe to say that Kendra (and Carter) are the weakest links to this group and need to go. If anything, keep Ray single for an good period until they introduce a suitable love interest for him that isn't already taken or emotionally unavailable.lol (poor guy, first Felicity and now Kendra)

And nothing against the actor that plays Jefferson, but I don't think that he's that great of an actor to start off with. I'd much rather keep Stein as the group's expert consultant and just have Jefferson return to his regular life for the time being.

The next/newest members of the group are said to be of mixed race so people wouldn't have to worry about the team lacking ethnic diversity.

the problem is stein needs some like Jefferson(<< I don't have an issue with the actor so far) or Ronnie to stay alive Robbie Amell does want to come back and reprise the fire storm role . but I don't know. I think he was still talking about his role on the flash. it's up to the writers of this show.

Savage's fate in the DCAU is strongly tied to Superman and The Atom, and tonight "Superman" said "You're insane" to Savage like in the Justice League episode Hereafter. Savage invited him to his house, too, a few episodes ago.

What would be ideal is this. A mystery masked time master comes to the rescue. After unmasking we learn it was Booster.

Second possibility Jax comes back

The problem is though, that Booster really shouldn't be a time master.

Booster is a washed up high school athlete who steals a bunch of tech and goes back in time to be a star. It isn't until he's travelling with rip for awhile before he truly becomes a time saving hero.

So unless it's an older version of booster, who's somehow become a time master with future rips help already, that could be interesting.

Booster is a washed up high school athlete who steals a bunch of tech and goes back in time to be a star. It isn't until he's travelling with rip for awhile before he truly becomes a time saving hero.

So unless it's an older version of booster, who's somehow become a time master with future rips help already, that could be interesting.

Booster is Rip's father though. This would be a cool storyline to explore. Rip teaches his young father how to be hero and all that.

OT, this was a great episode because the villain was great. Goes to show that Casper can do his thing when he's provided with good material.

I wouldn't be surprised if Vandal Savage has retroactively become the founder of the Time Masters after 1975 and their real or new purpose is preserving the timeline and events that lead up to Vandal's conquest of the Earth. Only reason Rip was recruited was so that they could keep tabs on him and have him on a leash.

They keep coming up with excuse NOT to kill Savage whenever they have the opportunity to do it. The first time being when Rip gone soft the first attempt... It is getting a bit annoying.

Savage and the Time Masters being cohorts with was really predictable. Which was a little disappointing.

Once they had proof that Savage had time traveled they had a legitimate reason not to kill him, he had a crime he could be convicted of. Then a legitimate body detains/kills him so he can't do anymore harm.

I was confused with Rip showing the confession, all that did was provide the Time Master's with a reason to get rid of him. Get rid of him, Savage doesn't discover time travel, his time 'crime' never happens and they have no reason to punish him.

Carter remembering his past lives when he did was quite well done, I thought. I thought Savage being knocked out by Kendra there was a little meh, he'd already shown he's tougher than the average person, taken down most of the team and it just felt a little easy.

The Jackson aging thing was weird. It does mean there's no FireStorm to oppose Savage. I'm surprised there was no hand-wave as to why transforming into FireStorm and back wouldn't have helped or slowed the process down. He's heading back to 2016 and presumably will somehow make a jump back in the finale, I'd like if he got help in 2016 to make it work, Opportunity for a Wells cameo maybe. How easily he's picked up how the Wave Rider works is a little grating.

Having the full team for the finale is good I guess. The Hawk-Savage plot wouldn't feel like it was closed properly if they weren't all involved.

They have been going through a lot of trouble to NOT have firestorm in most of this show. We have seen firestorm way more on the flash. We've also seen that Stein can absorb radiation and so can firestorm, there was no reason what so ever to send jax in a place known to have radiation and not firestorm, except plot convenience and saving up on CGI I guess...

Boosters normal persona was a decoy. He's more the one who watches over it all now

Last edited:

bootser be came a time master thanks to rip inthe books also cause he was reconnecting with his father cause he lost him at a young age and he was also ensuring he him self was born. as to booster he did make it to collage it was he was a degraced callege foot ball player.

Michael Jon Carter
New Earth

^^
Quote:
Michael became a football player in college with the nickname "Booster", hoping that he would make it into the big leagues, when his mother was suffering from a debilitating disease that required a treatment that his family could not afford. Turning to the same vice as his father, Michael made bets and purposely threw games in order to earn enough money for the treatment. After his mother was cured, Michael was arrested and put in jail for gambling, instantly breaking his mother's heart. end quote

Wasn't Rip raised on an orphanage in the show?

Rip lost his parent's at an young age in books and he only answered the last name of carter which was boosters which was last name carter before the temperal police force called the Linear Men and the time masters which was Rips creation were made after which he recruted his father and aunt. in the show his foster mother called him (Rip) Micheal which if you look at Booters real name , It is.... you guested it Micheal.

so Rip's real name is Micheal Carter Jr . but in the books for some time that part about his first name was left to guesses was the name of his mother. which he's keeping secret from his father .

Last edited:
One of the weaknesses I feel with this show is that sometimes characters just act a certain way to service the plot/writers rather than what they normally would do based on who they are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"