DC's Legends of Tomorrow Season 1 Episode 16: "Legendary" (Season Finale)

Discussion in 'DC's Legends of Tomorrow' started by herolee10, May 13, 2016.

?

Rate the Episode

1. 10

2. 9

3. 8

4. 7

5. 6

6. 5

7. 4

8. 3

9. 2

10. 1

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Slade W "Who Is Slade?"

Maybe. They cast someone as the BC in the next episode though (although we do not know how much she will be used in the future). Perhaps it is just the Dinah Laurel Lance name that they cannot use anymore. We should find out eventually I guess.

#76 Slade W, May 21, 2016
    Last edited: May 21, 2016
  2. metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

Eh, a single fakeout ep immediately after the death episode? That probably wouldn't violate any movie preemption anymore than killing her in episode 19 rather than 17. The order would likely have been "close out the character by the end of the season" anyway.

3. metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

I'd say Garrick depends highly on how that plot is resolved, and what exactly the JSA *is* ( retro-past group, alternate timeline group, near future new team, etc ).

Wildcat has complications because of Arrow, but shouldn't be too hard to do if they want him, and he's budget-friendly. Budget means Dr Midnite and Sandman are also highly likely. Starman, or Stargirl, seem likely, as they have flashy powers that are still not too expensive.

Green Lantern is out, they said so and he'd be far too expensive. Hawkman and Hawkgirl are out, otherwise the actors would be returning.

Of the godlike magic members, I'd say Dr Fate is an outside chance, since he could be done relatively cheaply, it just depends on whether they can justify why he doesn't just Solve Everything. The others would be too weird.

4. famicommander Registered

Jim Corrigan (the Spectre before he dies) and the Helmet of Dr Fate both already appeared in Constantine. It would be a waste to not use them in a JSA adaptation.

5. batdude Registered

Oh he could be the man in the Iron Mask or come up on this show. the Jay in the comics is a real hero. Plus Geoff Johns used to write him so you never know.

6. metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

Jim Corrigan's actor was terrible. If they *really* want to use the Specter, they damn well better recast.

7. Jedi Arrow Vigilant Knight

I gotta say, having Sara, Mick, and Kendra all kill Savage was more than I could've hoped for. I really wanted Mick to do it for Snart, but part of me wanted Sara to do it because you could really tell throughout the whole season that it was starting to get really personal for her and she hated the guy. And of course I felt like if Kendra or Carter didn't do it, it would've been a total waste of the entire season telling us "Only these guys can do it!" So having all three of them strike him down, and each in a particularly personal way? Loved it!

8. Fincher Coming Undone

Okay, here's my attempt to make some sense of the time travel in the episode: it's been established that after you've gone back and changed time, it takes a while for the new timeline to cement, and time can be corrected until then. Which doesn't seem to make sense, because even if you stay in that time period for twenty years, you should still be able to do things to affect the things that haven't happened yet.

However, it's also the case that time doesn't want to changed and will try to prevent it from happening (which helps to explain how much of their meddling doesn't have an affect). So say that when time cements, it's the time that doesn't want to change settling on its new form. From that point on, it's not impossible to change things back, but it's harder than it was before because time no longer wants to go back to the old way.

Okay, so Vandal's plan was to blow up the world in three different time periods before the timeline could cement for any of them, so that time would be overwhelmed trying to make sense of the changes and go kablooey, which somehow would make him into a "god". I don't know, maybe he thinks that destroying time would destroy all the other time travelers so that there would be no one to go back and stop him from taking over the world. His plan there is...not especially clear, but it never had a chance to happen, anyway.

Normally, the only way to kill him permanently is for Kendra to kill him with an object from their shared past. They made it sound like anyone could kill him when he's around the meteors, but it would actually make more sense if the meteor radiation was a substitute for the weapons that were in contact with the meteors, so that Kendra still has to kill him.

So let's say that it still has to be her, but now she can kill him by dropping a piano on his head because of the radiation. In that case, the first two deaths were only temporary, so the third had to happen...but they had to stop all three meteors. If they start with the last one and wait for the radiation, then the first two blow up. If they start with the first one and stop him too soon, then time might cement, giving him advance warning that his plan failed and causing them to lose their chance to kill him. So they had to kill all three "simultaneously" (according to their own sense of time passing) so that they could stop all three meteors without Vandal knowing about it until it was too late.

Time couldn't handle the world blowing up three times, but it was able to make sense of two temporary Vandal deaths and one permanent one, enough to stabilize the timeline without time prior to 2166 being too radically altered.

That seems to make sense to me, or at least enough sense for this show.

9. gohei_ Infected by Pentapox

Regarding the whole "time wants to happen", I think that was just a lie told to Rip and all the other time-masters, considering that his bosses were watching and controlling to make sure certain things happened anyway.

By the way, was it ever said if these particular time masters controlled all the different earths as well? Or does earth 2 have their own Vanishing Point?

#84 gohei_, May 28, 2016
    Last edited: May 28, 2016
  10. Ioini League of Assassin Member

I can't believe Mick said the F word on television and it wasn't censored. Did I really hear that right? Someone please tell me I am wrong lol.

#85 Ioini, May 28, 2016
    Last edited: May 28, 2016
  11. Rorschach2012 Batman is my Dad

Holy **** Casper Crump is a horrible actor. One of the worst choices they could've gotten for Savage. Looking the character means nothing when you are a **** actor