Legends of Tomorrow DC's Legends of Tomorrow Season 1 Episode 8: "Night of the Hawk"

herolee10

No More Miracles
Reaction score
latest_cb_20160128191119.png

The team tracks Savage (guest star Casper Crump) to a small town in Oregon during the 1950s. Upon arrival, they discover there have been a recent string of murders and they suspect Savage is involved. Professor Stein (Victor Garber) and Sara (Caity Lotz) go undercover at a psychiatric hospital, where Savage is working as a doctor, to find out his plan. While there, Sara meets a nurse named Lindsay (guest star Ali Liebert) and sparks fly. Meanwhile, Ray (Brandon Routh) and Kendra (Ciara Renée) pretend to be a married couple to gain the neighborhood’s trust, but an interracial couple in the ‘50s isn’t something that goes unnoticed. Soon, Savage is at their door. Joe Dante directed the episode written by Sarah Nicole Jones & Cortney Norris.

TV PROMO
[YT]X3NAKme3zQY[/YT]

So this is where Sara gets a love interest.

I wonder what Captain Cold does in this episode or if he appears in this one.

So this is where Sara gets a love interest.

I wonder what Captain Cold does in this episode or if he appears in this one.

I'm actually surprised that for a non-netflix show, this show (based on the episode description) is actually going to be tackling things like the perception of interracial marriages (via Ray and Kendra's facade marriage) and gay relationships back in the 50's. Bold, especially for a comic book genre show.

I think the Promo showed Cold dressed in 50's gear while shooting at someone so he'll definitely be in this episode.

^ I was under the impression that Sara's 50s lesbian love interest wasn't being introduced until Episode 9.

Okay I see Captain Cold in the promo, so nevermind on that one.

I'm actually surprised that for a non-netflix show, this show (based on the episode description) is actually going to be tackling things like the perception of interracial marriages (via Ray and Kendra's facade marriage) and gay relationships back in the 50's. Bold, especially for a comic book genre show.

Indeed. Adding some substance to the style never hurt. I want to see what they do with Ray and Kendra stuff in this episode. And I also like that it's a cool remix to the Hawkman and Atom friendship that these two had in the comics.

Sounds like interesting episode. I too thought next one was going to be the Jonah hex episode. But I guess I got things mixed up.

Sounds like interesting episode. I too thought next one was going to be the Jonah hex episode. But I guess I got things mixed up.

Episode 11 will be titled "The Magnificent Eight", fairly certain that'll be the Jonah Hex episode.

I think the Promo showed Cold dressed in 50's gear while shooting at someone so he'll definitely be in this episode.

I guess they wanted to tackle interracial marriages in this show since they could just as easily have had Ray and Sarah pretend to be a married couple. Of course, if they just had another female crew member, things would be solved more easily.

No mention of Mick in the episode. I guess what happened in the previous episode was quite final?

Last edited:
Well at least that will quiet some of the people that are all "why don't they try to kill Savage when they run into him" stuff for now

An okay episode.

There was a Smallville easter egg in this episode.

It was a look at how Captain Cold would do without Heatwave.

Either give Snart his "freeze" gun back or just give him a new weapon already.

I really hope all of this is leading up to the reveal of Thanagarians being introduced into the Flarrowverse.

Either give Snart his "freeze" gun back or just give him a new weapon already.

I really hope all of this is leading up to the reveal of Thanagarians being introduced into the Flarrowverse.
some how it's looking like it's not. it looks like when injected the meteorite of N'th metal juice into your blood stream it turn human's into hawk people or some perverted version of them and they (the wave runner crew)seem to think this is what happened with kendra and carter. they think they were mutated via he meteorite. the only mutation for them was an extended life span and they re incarnated. (but that was in the comic's)

We'll have to see where they are headed here with in this show.

Well at least that will quiet some of the people that are all "why don't they try to kill Savage when they run into him" stuff for now
lol the only thing bothering me is they always leave kendra and carter to face off against savage alone when they know when those two do that, they seem falter with him. but when others are around they do better. they need to stop that part. have the others (that aren't the hawks ) hold him down or the next rip does his little face off with savage and stabs him in in the room or burn's him. and he on the floor then they can take him.

this time around it's only they the let kendra face savage alone and when she was saved cause the usual happened, he was shot out the window.

That I'll accept. he was put out a window after all. but they lost the knife again. lol he has better grip on that knife then they do. lol

Last edited:
I liked the episode. Not convinced Mick is dead, feel like we'll see him back in 5-6 episodes.

I thought it was a decent episode not great. I want more firestorm though and I'm not getting it of late.

I thought it was a decent episode not great. I want more firestorm though and I'm not getting it of late.
hmm I think they are trying to show us that both stein and jax can be of help to the team with out being overly reliant in their form as fire storm. and if anything the true reason they didn't transform during the space pirate even as as I said in the the marooned thread

page:3
You know, there were FOUR things that I really didn't get in this episode.

1. Why didn't Jax and Professor Stein simply merge into Firestorm in order to take out the rest of the Time Pirates? I mean it's not like they need to use a device anymore to merge into Firestorm.
Good question. but it's was due to them being separated for most of the show and with how powerful firestorm really is they most likely didn't want to have two ships with breach's especially with unseasoned stein is with Jax or Ronnie.

seeing that stien said they'd likely blow half of the wave runner up, with them merging in it. Seem's I was right on the money.

Agent carter which takes place in the 1940's just had a interracial relationship in the past season. Pretty sure doctor who featured some gay and interracial relationships as well. Almost every cw show features gay characters so it doesn't seem that bold.

Good episode. I like that they pointed out terrible the fifties was for anyone outside such a narrow demographic. A lot of filmmakers in the eighties that were kids in the fifties were always super nostalgic about that era.

Since Ray is stunk in the 1950's, I love to see a scene where the ATOM travels the telephones from point A to point B like he use to do in the comics.

I wonder if the writers deliberately left those 3 behind so that they could explore more interracial and lesbian tensions. They could be stuck there a while and would have to settle in. Maybe Sara goes back to the nurse to strike up a relationship.

Isn't Vandal Savage there though? Their lives would be in danger, particularly Kendra's, since she already tried to kill him.

I was also thinking that some of the "racist" remarks made in the show were rather tame compared to what you might expect from that era. When Jax was sitting in the cafe trying to get friendly with that girl, the other white guys simply called him a loser, but only implied it might be to do with his race. However, it could just as easily have been that they thought he was a loser, regardless of his race. He could've been Marty McFly and the guys could've still thought him a loser because he wasn't one of their gang or one of the cool kids. Wouldn't they have made more racist comments about him and maybe even tried to attack him for talking to a white girl?

They probably would've used the N word back then, but since that wouldn't happen in a network show like this, at least they could've said that they didn't want a black guy talking to a white girl to add some realism.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"