DC's Legends of Tomorrow Season 2 Episode 1: "Out of Time"

Discussion in 'DC's Legends of Tomorrow' started by herolee10, Sep 23, 2016.

?

Rate the Episode

1. 10

2. 9

3. 8

4. 7

5. 6

6. 5

7. 4

8. 3

9. 2

10. 1

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. britmotley Registered

Firestorm
    They merge,he flies up in the air - The rest of the Legends almost get their asses kicked,and Firestorm flies back down as the fighting is coming to an end.
    or
    Stein stays on the Waverider,whilst non powered Jackson has fist fights.

2. BH/HHH You Are My World

One word "budget"

3. Slade W "Who Is Slade?"

I am glad they had Darhk have no issue with Sara. He was one of Ra's al Ghul's horsemen. He is supposed to be up there with Oliver and Ra's when it comes to fighting. He should have given Sara a beat-down similar to what Ra's gave Oliver in The Climb. Of course, Sara will eventually improve her skills, beat him and get her revenge, and that is fine, but it should not be anywhere close to being easy for her, just like it wasn't for Oliver to beat Ra's.

#28 Slade W, Oct 14, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2016
  4. herolee10 No More Miracles

Not that logic has played a strong role in this series but why couldn't Rip just send his team to one timeline, namely the present, for that last ditch protocol as opposed to scattering them throughout history?

5. BH/HHH You Are My World

Good point, he didn't need to protect them from the time lords so scattering them made little sense.

6. herolee10 No More Miracles

Well that and it's funny on how they keep omitting out the fact that the Legends are the ones responsible for the destruction of the time masters. Based on the way they were presenting it last night, they made it sound like the time masters were tragically killed off.

7. BH/HHH You Are My World

Yeah you're right haha, tbh if Legends were to end with these 13 episodes I wouldn't shed a tear.

8. NotNickFury Registered

I know why: because Brandon Routh really wanted to fight a dinosaur.

But in all seriousness, having now seen this in full- a distraction kept me from seeing it all live- I feel that this might be my favorite of the DCCW premieres. It felt like a natural progression of where the team ended up from the first season. They're not hesitant about the job, they're more than willing to take on a huge responsibility, and with Rip being out of the picture for now, it felt like a passing of the torch from the mentor to the students.

Plus, this premiere actually involved all of the team doing something and gave us minor connections to Flash and Arrow with the appearance of Eobard and Oliver. Though the Justice Society literally just appears at the end without any kind of buildup, I imagine that will all come in the next episode. But yeah, of the CW superhero shows, this premiere is definitely the one I enjoyed the most.

9. BH/HHH You Are My World

I also think they saved all the Legends awfully fast, they could have made that mor fo a thing in more episodes.

10. batdude Registered

Well, it will probably never happen, but I wonder how they would handle a Firestorm spinoff.

11. aNarcHy2day Screw You Mayans!

Also, didn't Firestorm learn transmutation last season? Why didn't he just change the Uranium core into, I dunno, anything else?

12. Dark Raven It's not about what you deserve...

This episode didn't seem to follow on at all from how it ended last season with Patrick J Adams coming to them with a warning. What happened to that storyline?

13. Spider-Fan83 with great power...

^his warning to them was about 1942...this was that storyline

14. zenith16 Registered

lol I think he just sent ray to the prehistoric era cause Rip's trying to secretly trying kill ray.

Rip: oh you survived? Ray:what's that supposed to mean? don't you know I've been secretly trying to kill you with his accent I'm the new dr. evillllllllll

Rip :O Okayyyyyyyyyyyy

Flying daggers come from sara's direction headed to wards Rip.

15. famicommander Registered

They're still dealing with a rogue time traveler of some sort. Not the time lords, but somebody (looks like it will turn out to be the Legion of Doom, but they don't know that) crazy enough to travel back in time and nuke NYC.

16. zenith16 Registered

pretty much.

17. metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

Eh, I think Stein could be a decent leader. Sara might be better, sure, but Martin would certainly do a better job than Rip did.

Which is, btw, a theory of mine: part of why they are having Rip Hunter disappear from the series for a while? Because they think they can have him come off better as a brilliant planner if he's not present every episode, and just returns with some big "just as planned!" moment.

18. metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

Eh, be fair: I think the guy is *supposed* to come off as some kind of crazed genius conspiracy theorist. Sure, he figured out who Ollie is, but he's probably figured out a *lot* of stuff. Some of it might actually be true. ;)

19. metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

Honestly, I got the impression that Ollie was somewhat offended by the entire scenario, and wanted to get away from the whole mess ASAP. Superpowers and magic are fine, but he doesn't want anything to do with time travel nonsense.

20. metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

While it did feel very episodic villain-of-the-week, I think Legends would actually benefit quite a bit from just that. The first season suffered badly for having an overarching plot that was largely nonsense. Having most of the episodes consist of "Team goes to neat era, engages in nonsense plans to stop villain, things go crazy and out of control, personalities bounce off each other, day is saved in worst way possible" would play to the strengths of the show. Let them be the worst time masters ever, just allow them to actually *succeed*, instead of being the Failure Masters from the first season.

21. metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

I don't know, arguably, it was a tragedy. ;)

I am currently going to put my money on a mix of "Rip is a fairly terrible person" and "Rip is a manipulative bastard", as far as explaining the time scatter. Which is to say, his disappearance isn't an accident, its part of some Plan. Scattering the Legends just ensured that when the Waverider became active again, Mick would *have* to go about extensively time traveling to gather them up. Perhaps the idea is to discourage them from just disbanding?

22. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

It was ok but way to much cheese to start the season off with. This would've made a good regular episode but not a season premiere.

23. zenith16 Registered

Truth be told they are better off, cause of his own work with starling the city is still falling apart with oliver there. maybe it's slower, but it's still happening, cause he's not bright and I have the feeling both him and rip working together trying to fix the universe via time travel will be worse even with what barry's been doing by himself just trying to fix his own personal problem via that.

this version of oliver queen fixing any time line is a scary thought, especially working with this version of Rip hunter. Well the latter has been messed up via the time masters making him so but still .....

#48 zenith16, Oct 15, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2016
  24. Lencho01 Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

I thought it was an ok episode.

25. gohei_ Infected by Pentapox

I enjoyed this one about equally as I did the first season. It's nice to not have to endure the Hawks anymore.
    Favorite parts were Ray running from the dinosaur (gave me a good chuckle) and seeing Reverse Flash.