Legends of Tomorrow DC's Legends of Tomorrow Season 2 Episode 10: "The Legion of Doom"

Isn't it obvious?

It would be cool if there were some sort of montage where Darhk was sent back and attempted to change the future, only to find himself in the exact same position with the exact same death (only with tiny little differences, like maybe he kills Laurel somewhere other than a prison, kind of like Flashpoint). It would send the message that certain big events will always happen the same way, no matter what (kind of like Rip's futile quest to save his family). But this show is cheesy popcorn movie fun (not always a bad thing) so I don't expect anything that deep or complex.

My guess is that the blatantly obvious macguffin, the Spear of Destiny will be used to deus ex machina the Legion of Doom out of existence and back to their proper places in history. It seems lazy (and probably is). But its the best way to get around all of that.

A more confusing, but possibly more satisfying, way would be for the Legends to pull off some plan in which they somehow lure Zoom/Black Flash to a past version of Thawne at the inception of his plan and remove him from the timeline at that point, undoing all of the events of the season. But that seems almost as overly complex as killing Vandal Savage in three different timelines at the exact moment. It may be best to simply go with using the Spear to fix everything.

They probably will go with option A.

For me it's boring to have give him such insighy to his future only for it to make little to no difference in his future. But I probably wouldn't be happy with any outcome for obvious reasons.

It's even more of a problem now. Returning DD to his "present" day would still change the future since he knows of his death in the future which would lead him to try to change things.
that's true

I would assume if they went in the direction of putting him back, they would probably wipe his memory of anything that happened while with Thawne

First time in a long time I actually enjoyed watching Malcolm.

that's true

I would assume if they went in the direction of putting him back, they would probably wipe his memory of anything that happened while with Thawne

To be fair they've set up a mechanism with which they can wipe his memory as convoluted as the return him with no memory plot will be.

I kept wondering why they couldn't just ask Barry. They could have described Thawne to him and he would've known. They were in Central City so why couldn't they visit him?

Is that speed demon meant to be the former Zoom?

And I agree that Citizen Steel is unnecessary and Gideon could do his job just as well. If they need her on actual adventures then give her a body and have Amy Pemberton play the role in person instead of just as a voice.

I absolutely loved the idea of Black Flash running around chasing Thawne, but the execution was beyond stupid. He was basically the T-rex from Jurassic Park. "Stand completely still and he won't see you" :whatever: I also wish they could have gotten a real actor to portray him.
And why didn't Thawne phase out of the vault?

I really enjoy this show. Mostly because it's real 'turn your brain off" stuff.

Usually they stretch suspension of disbelief just enough to make it watchable, without annoying the audience.

However, if you start to think about any of the time-travel stuff too much, it falls apart - similar to how time travel was absolutely butchered in season 1 of the Flash.

But I don't watch the show for the story, because there really is only the vaguest notion of a plot. Nope, what I like are the characters, goofy as they they're fun - even the villains are fun, which is what made this episode so enjoyable. I'm looking forward to the next appearance of the Legion of Doom.

As long as the characters stay fun, I'll keep watching.

It was funny how Damien Darkh was doing the narration at the beginning. But why couldn't it be Eobard Thawne? He's one of the regular cast, whereas Neal McDonagh is a guest star, although why they don't make him a regular along with John Barrowman is beyond me. It's not like Thawne even plays every episode, and it could've been just for the season, as I'm sure Matt Letscher won't be there as part of the main cast next season.

It was funny how Damien Darkh was doing the narration at the beginning. But why couldn't it be Eobard Thawne? He's one of the regular cast, whereas Neal McDonagh is a guest star, although why they don't make him a regular along with John Barrowman is beyond me. It's not like Thawne even plays every episode, and it could've been just for the season, as I'm sure Matt Letscher won't be there as part of the main cast next season.

I think McD has more acting chops - he's certainly done some great villains over the years. I really enjoyed his narration. Letscher is pretty good as Thawne, but not as good as Cavanagh was.

I do like the way the CW shows manage to have their characters cross over so effectively - wish we could see more of ol' John Constantine, his arrow appearance was a real highlight for me - and Legends, with it's ridiculous time travel is the perfect show for him to turn up in .

cheers.

McDonough, I dunno. Barrowman has a deal to appear in all the shows. I'm sure he'll pop up in Arrow one or two more times and he's in the Flash musical episode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"