Legends of Tomorrow DC's Legends of Tomorrow Season 2 Episode 11: "Turncoat"

herolee10

No More Miracles
Reaction score
legends.jpg

When The Legends find a new Time Aberration they learn they must travel to the winter of 1776 to protect George Washington and the American Revolutionary War. Unfortunately, things don’t go as planned, forcing Sara (Caity Lotz) to send out Nate (Nick Zano) and Amaya (Maisie-Richardson-Sellers) to help. Meanwhile, Jax (Franz Drameh) and Stein (Victor Garber) who are busy protecting the incapacitated Waverider from their new enemy, are forced to step into roles that they don’t think they are prepared for. Brandon Routh, Dominic Purcell and Arthur Darvill also star, Alice Troughton directed the episode written by Grainne Godfree & Matthew Maala.

TV PROMO
[YT]gydwEVcd9jU[/YT]

That camp is the same set they used for the Civil War zombie episode.

Was just about to say I think the house they were in for the dance is the same house we saw in the Civil War episode.

Yeah, I think so.

This episode feels kind of dull to me, not sure why.

ETA: I know Ray can't fly and stuff, but if he's tiny, can't he operate on the bullet?

So, Mick taught George Washington how to fight dirty. :)

That seemed like a really convoluted way to keep Rip around for longer. He did still near kill Sara. She could've at least been fine with Jefferson just popping Rip in the kneecap.

These types of episodes always bore me so I didn't get that much out of it. The ending was nice though.

Mick should be on a $1000 bill. He would like that even more than the statue.

The opening monologue with Mick was absolute GOLD.lol

Yeah, the intro was the only I cared about more than the episode itself.

Call me Crazy but I like Rip more as a bad guy than he was a good guy. In Fact the Legion of Doom episode was a lot better than this one. I think it would be interesting if one of these series we followed a bunch of villain's around seeing the mischiev they can cause. Seeing Darke's Thawne and Malcon's side last week was interesting to say the least. We probably would never get that though.

The intro monologues on all the Berlanti/DC shows are cringe-worthy - really, really bad. So I especially enjoyed Mick's final commentary. :bow:

The Supergirl one is pretty good. It gives her reason for being on Earth and covers the major points of how she came out to the world. So even someone who has never watched the show before can understand the basics.

The opening monologue with Mick was absolute GOLD.lol

Loved the monologue, best opening ever !

Evil Rip was also great fun, this show is ridiculous but so much fun I love it !

"What would you have me do, use a knife and fork ?"

The Supergirl one is pretty good. It gives her reason for being on Earth and covers the major points of how she came out to the world. So even someone who has never watched the show before can understand the basics.

I'm not really a fan of any intro monologue. They tend to be clumsy, didactic and unnecessary (“show, don’t tell” as per the adage). Consequently, most series don’t use them. Now, intros are more tolerable (perhaps even quaint) when they’re very general: “You’re travelling through another dimension…,” “Space, the final frontier…,” “In the criminal justice system…,” etc. But with the Bertanti DC shows, the intros tend to be highly specific (summarizing stuff from recent episodes) and presented in a weird, conversational tone (including parenthetical remarks like “…and so I hid my powers - until recently, when an accident forced me to reveal myself…” :huh: It’s bad writing, badly delivered.

Call me Crazy but I like Rip more as a bad guy than he was a good guy. In Fact the Legion of Doom episode was a lot better than this one. I think it would be interesting if one of these series we followed a bunch of villain's around seeing the mischiev they can cause. Seeing Darke's Thawne and Malcon's side last week was interesting to say the least. We probably would never get that though.

Me too. It reminded me of the Chuck (another show where Chris Fedak was a producer) series' finale, where one of the main characters, Sarah, was brainwashed into believing her team were the enemies.

I'm hoping that the reason White Canary is so forgiving of Rip is due to them having a secret relationship before the second season started, so that when it is revealed they can have this interesting dynamic of whether Rip is at fault or not for shooting her and breaking her neck.

Two comments.

One, no, your not the only one. I thought Evil Rip was awesome, in part for how scarcely different it was from Good(?) Rip. I think he should stay a villain, maybe even be the season 3 Big Bad.

Two, "following a bunch of villains as they commit mischief upon time". How is that not an accurate description of the Legends? *eg*

Oh, and yes, the intro narration of this episode retroactively justified the entire series.

Two comments.

One, no, your not the only one. I thought Evil Rip was awesome, in part for how scarcely different it was from Good(?) Rip. I think he should stay a villain, maybe even be the season 3 Big Bad.

Two, "following a bunch of villains as they commit mischief upon time". How is that not an accurate description of the Legends? *eg*

Oh, and yes, the intro narration of this episode retroactively justified the entire series.

I have disagreed with you before, but this time I have to say I agree 100% on all of that. More of Evil rip please ! Although I would like to see good Rip return - maybe they could become separate entities - I think if we got evil Rip all the time we might tire of him. Did you get a bit of an Alan Rickman as Hans (in Die Hard) vibe from evil Rip ? - he was just enjoying being the bad guy so much !

And the opening voice-over, LOL ! :lmao:
I hope Dominic Purcell is getting the recognition he deserves for taking a B-list Flash villain and turning him into badass comic relief so successfully (even without Wentworth Miller to back him up).

I have disagreed with you before, but this time I have to say I agree 100% on all of that. More of Evil rip please ! Although I would like to see good Rip return - maybe they could become separate entities - I think if we got evil Rip all the time we might tire of him. Did you get a bit of an Alan Rickman as Hans (in Die Hard) vibe from evil Rip ? - he was just enjoying being the bad guy so much !

Agreed with you and metaphysician on Evil Rip - quite fun!

I missed how he went from being Phil the Director who is a wuss to Clever Calculating Evil Rip.

Was there exposition on that in the episode previous?

Hated the episode, the writers for this show ARE TERRIBLE! Your fellow soldiers are stuck behind enemy lines and you get with your battle buddy for a quickie and SPOON!! REALLY!! WTF!?

Why does there have to be a damn romance every few episodes.Maybe they should just have an orgy and get it over with.

IM sorry im getting so tired of the actor who plays Jackson, he scowls all the damn time and looks like he wants to play a some other type of show. Why have Firestorm in the show if he's never Firestorm, I keep forgetting he's actually in the show.

getting harder and harder not fast forward through the whole show.

Agreed with you and metaphysician on Evil Rip - quite fun!

I missed how he went from being Phil the Director who is a wuss to Clever Calculating Evil Rip.

Was there exposition on that in the episode previous?

Yup, at the end of the Legion of Doom episode we see Thawne with the recording of Rip's memories and commenting on how they could alter him, with an evil grin.
And then of course it cuts to Rip walking up to George Washington's tent and busting a cap in his ash. Well, that's how I remember it.

Long live Evil Rip !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"