Legends of Tomorrow DC's Legends of Tomorrow Season 2 Episode 17: "Aruba"

Future Sara is the one from Doom world and she was in white or light clothing. But the one who faded was wearing a black blazer.
hmmm if you find a way to re watch it, I think you should. the one wearing white was the one who faded.

Yeah, she was wearing white. She just put a black jacket over the white, but you can still see the white shirt underneath.

I still don't know why the Legends crew never contacted Barry for his help or recruited any speedsters of their own.

They seem to have no problem in taking Amaya out of her timeline, despite the fact that she needs to be alive in order to start a family so that their present day granddaughter can be born to save people, so I don't know why they wouldn't risk doing so with Barry, especially if he can achieve better results.

For the same reason they didn't just bring Oliver and Barry at the very beginning. Rip had deemed them too important to history, and couldn't risk them getting killed or otherwise ruining history.

It's not like they invited Amaya to come along. She was there, and it's not like they really had a moment's rest to bring her back.

Great, now they broke time. I actually thought for a second when they came out of the time zone that they ended up in National City. Not as big of a surprise ending as Rex Tyler coming in and talking about the Justice Society, but a nice cliffhanger for now.

LA looks a lot like National City from SG S1. :hmm

And "time broken" LA reminds me of time broken London from Doctor Who.

For the same reason they didn't just bring Oliver and Barry at the very beginning. Rip had deemed them too important to history, and couldn't risk them getting killed or otherwise ruining history.

It's not like they invited Amaya to come along. She was there, and it's not like they really had a moment's rest to bring her back.

Yeah, that is the explanation that was given to us way back in season one. It's best to just accept it and move on. The more accurate answer as to why the team didn't recruit Barry is simple, and the same reason why one of the twenty or so Thawnes didn't kill Sara or take the spear: because then we would have no show. It's the same reason Iron Man doesn't show up on the Netflix Marvel shows, when he can resolve all of the problems in five minutes. Suspension of disbelief is necessary.

Especially with this show. There are plot holes, as you would expect with any show that includes time travel...or a shared universe...but both? Forget it. There are gonna be tons. But this show should be viewed as pulpy sci-fi fun. It's actually why it is my favorite CW DC show. It doesn't take itself seriously and it doesn't always make sense. But if you turn off your brain and just accept it for the fun ride that it is, it's great.

So, that was a thing.

The Good:
-I liked some of the stuff Thawne did. Effortlessly killing Ray, going "screw you time" and summoning dozens of remnants.
-Rip Hunter admitting that the team does ( marginally ) better without his incompetent ash.

The Bad:
-Even by Legends standards, their "plan" was terrible. And then, after establishing the stakes, once it falls apart they. . . basically stop caring, and actively interact far more than minimally necessary to try and salvage stuff. Because the Legends are the worst time travelers ever.
-Firestorm getting shot down with an arrow. WTF?!
-Sara Lance getting the moral victory focus. She totally didn't deserve it, not after her behavior throughout the season.
-The JSA are left still dead and scattered. Because, you know, fixing *your* history is fine, but fixing it for the people you've screwed and gotten killed largely via your incompetence is a no go.
-Amaya staying with the team. . . because love. In contradiction to two seasons worth of established rules on time travel.

The Ugly:
-After two seasons worth of callous and incompetent handling of time travel, and especially after getting in Barry's face for far lesser crimes, they totally earned blowing up time. Its a mess, and should theoretically screw up the other shows, but meh. They deserve it.

Thawne brings in a crapload of versions of himself, and not one of them attacks Sara who's just standing completely still taking her sweet time using the spear? I know I've said that at this point logic should just be disregarded while watching the show, but geez... Doesn't help that they'd earlier shown him do such a terrifyingly efficient and easy job dealing with Ray. It's like they decided to write themselves into a corner, couldn't think of a clever way out of it for the Legends to win, and instead decided to just make Thawne an idiot for the remainder of the episode.

Last edited:

If Rip is so worried about the consequences of someone important dying before their time comes then he would never go with the idea of allowing Amaya to even participate in their missions.

Which is another reason why I think it's so bull on how Sara became Captain. I get the Legends needed a leader and how Sara was best qualified then but to dismiss everything that Rip has done just to kiss up to her ash on the show is insulting.

Sara had shown many times that she's capable of making mistakes that could throw the entire team and universe into utter chaos and they're saying that she's better than Rip?

Future Sara is the one from Doom world and she was in white or light clothing. But the one who faded was wearing a black blazer.

Future Sara was wearing the white hot jersey with tied hair, she disappeared, while 1916 Sara had her hair loose.

I gave this one a 10/10 for the enjoyment factor.

Does LoT make any sense with regards to time travel, reality manipulation or anything else.....no ! But who cares ? This show is great fun and doesn't take itself as seriously, or get as angsty as Arrow (or Flash at the moment).

It's 44 minutes per week of "turn off your brain and enjoy" time for me. Loved season 2 for that very reason (even with the terrible CGI super-nazi).

This guy said it best:

Especially with this show. There are plot holes, as you would expect with any show that includes time travel...or a shared universe...but both? Forget it. There are gonna be tons. But this show should be viewed as pulpy sci-fi fun. It's actually why it is my favorite CW DC show. It doesn't take itself seriously and it doesn't always make sense. But if you turn off your brain and just accept it for the fun ride that it is, it's great.

Looking forward to season 3 !

Last edited:
If Rip is so worried about the consequences of someone important dying before their time comes then he would never go with the idea of allowing Amaya to even participate in their missions.

Which is another reason why I think it's so bull on how Sara became Captain. I get the Legends needed a leader and how Sara was best qualified then but to dismiss everything that Rip has done just to kiss up to her ash on the show is insulting.

Sara had shown many times that she's capable of making mistakes that could throw the entire team and universe into utter chaos and they're saying that she's better than Rip?

Except that when Amaya came aboard, Rip wasn't there. When the team got him back, he wasn't exactly calling the shots. Also "Evil Rip" had done enough damage to the timeline at that point that i'm guessing he didn't hold much moral high ground.

I thought this episode was bonkers. Glad it is coming back next season.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"