Legends of Tomorrow DC's Legends of Tomorrow Season 2 Episode 4: “Abominations”

I really miss Rip. Name's character is just too similar to Ray's, so I feel like he doesn't add anything new to the group.

I really miss Rip. Name's character is just too similar to Ray's, so I feel like he doesn't add anything new to the group.

I hope Rip's reintroduction is really grand. I didn't really appreciate his character in S1 but I feel like being without him for a while is going to make his presence more appreciated.

I think Maisie Richardson-Sellers looked very pretty in her dress. She's better looking than the other Vixen.

This was probably the "realest" episode even though some things were a little hard to buy.

I know she's meant to be part of the Justice Society of America, but it would've been nice if Maisie Richardson-Sellers kept her British accent. She sounds quite sexy. Maybe there could be an episode where she gets to use her natural accent.

[YT]T6xxmYKXSZg[/YT]

[YT]RaUDTYqd0pg[/YT]

Also, it was her Civil War curls that also added to her extra prettiness in the episode. She looks great normally anyway though.

Do we know in real life why Arthur Darvill was written out of the show? Did he not want to play anymore, or was the departure forced upon him? Is it only a temporary departure or will he ever become a regular again? The way the character arcs have progressed with Sara taking leadership, it seems that if he did come back it would be demoting Sara.

I also agree that Nate doesn't add anything. Rip was more distinct from the others.

Last edited:
Do we know in real life why Arthur Darvill was written out of the show? Did he not want to play anymore, or was the departure forced upon him? Is it only a temporary departure or will he ever become a regular again? The way the character arcs have progressed with Sara taking leadership, it seems that if he did come back it would be demoting Sara.

I also agree that Nate doesn't add anything. Rip was more distinct from the others.
the writers just wanted him out for half the season. they may have plans for him later they just want sara to shine cause she's marc Guggenheim's creation and all marc';s personal creations on the shows he's in charge of take priority over every other character that's from the books even if they don't have the same personality,or anything that match's the former.

case in point I got this last night talking about the vixen animated movie where kaity cassidy's black canary show up . but if you read this interview you see who marc is truly interested in talking about most. as he called his most requested character in quote from his words. even when it's about black canary.

Well we're getting to see laurel. but we know his creation's is priority over and that the case here.
even if they push rip as demoting they made clear he's not good at leading inthis show and won't write him different.

the actress who plays is awesome . marc him self not so much . Anyway's let's just try and get through the season and enjoy it.

Black Canary Returns To Arrowverse On Vixen

Fans were crushed when Laurel Lance died at the hands of Damien Darhk in Arrow season 4, and reverberations of that death are still being felt throughout season 5.

For fans of the character, we have some good news, as Lance's Black Canary will make an appearance in episode 4 of Vixen. The CW Seed animated series will take Mari to the streets of Star City, and executive producer Marc Guggenheim recently gave a few more details about who else shows up in the episode.

"Episode 4 is a lot of fun because it takes us from Detroit to Star City. We get to see the animated version of Felicity Smoak. That was probably the character who I got the most requests on. Everyone wanted to see the animated version of Felicity."

While Felicity might be the most requested, the presence of Black Canary and The Atom is no small thing. Guggenheim described the episode as a heist film, and also spoke about how easy it was to get the original cast on board, as once they saw their animated versions they had to be involved.

"Also an opportunity for us to see Laurel Lance and Ray Palmer as Black Canary and The Atom. It was so great. I mean obviously, every single cast member who we asked to participate said yes, and everyone was game for it. I think they were kind of tickled to do an animated version, and one of the fun parts about the project was when the designs came in for each of the characters, I sent them to the actors so they could see what their animated incarnations look like, and they got a kick out of it."
Vixen episode 4 is available now on CW Seed.

Originally from Africa, Mari McCabe's parents were killed by local greed, corruption, and wanton violence. But the orphaned Mari refuses to succumb to the terrors surrounding her. Inheriting her family's Tantu Totem, Mari can access the powers of animals -- anything from the super-strength of a gorilla to the speed of a cheetah. As Vixen, she fights valiantly to protect the world from the threats like those that claimed her family.

Based on characters from DC Comics, VIXEN is produced by Blue Ribbon Content and Warner Bros. Animation, with executive producers Greg Berlanti, Marc Guggenheim, and Andrew Kriesberg.
source:http://comicbook.com/
comicbook-logo-1a.png

Last edited:
I liked this episode a lot more than I thought I would from the beginning. I thought it added a nice little layer with the exploration of slavery (I honestly expected them to whitewash it quite a bit). I also though Sara's interaction with General Grant at the end was nice thematically - particularly because of how famous Grant is for his willingness to absorb casualties when the South could not (although, I think he's unfairly maligned as not being a brilliant tactical general when his exploits in the western front suggest otherwise).

Annoyed at how Grant was portrayed... like he was some kind of humanitarian.

He was an abusive drunk who owned slaves himself at the time the war broke out. Just because he fought for the Union doesn't mean he was a good person.

I do think it's worth pointing out he freed his slave just before the Civil War at a time when he desperately needed money (and logically should have sold him). I think that suggests he at least had regrets with regards to slavery.

I was surprised that Grant wasn't shown as drinking, so I looked into it and found this article. There's no doubt he was an alcoholic but it appears there were parts of the war he resisted through complete abstinence. It seems to me that it would either be accurate to show him completely sloshed or not drinking at all. And it seems plausible based on what I've read that he very likely was abstaining during this period (although, unfortunately, his reputation was enough to create accusations regardless).

I thought it was 22, so I'm a bit relieved it's only 17 since that felt like way too many.

It doesnt really make sense to me though since they will only have about 5 weeks left of the regular season.

If they are free near the end due to having lesser episodes, it would be cool if some of the actors and actresses could appear on other shows. It would be cool if Sara showed up on Arrow for a few episodes towards the end.

Watching this episode for the first time after Trump's win, added additional power to everything going on in it. Amazing episode, and sadly more than relevant now.

Finally got to watch the show today. It was bloodier than I expected (severed head snarling at them for example). And reading through the thread, I see several people complain it wasn't historically accurate....this shocks me.....people are upset that a show about time travelling super powered people fighting zombies isn't historically accurate :)

There are certainly other eps with much more egregious sins against historical accuracy. Grant being a somewhat different person is a way lesser problem than "We just killed the ruler of all Japan".

Why did zombie Rory not eat Ray? He didn't even bite him. So he comes up on Ray and just knocks him out and then leaves him there and walks away? Seriously what the hell was that? Just terrible.

I thought Ray was gonna ask Mick that at the end, and that they were gonna come to the conlusion that Mick apparently really likes Ray and thus couldn't bring himself to eat him :oldrazz:

This episode was more relevant and deep than most. The whipping scene,and Jacks and Vixen not being able to interfere or to act, was a real pain to watch ! In the good sense.
I thought it was a good writing to show being black as a "weakness" during the Civil War and play this aspect was playing into the narrative.

The zombie stuff was not so interesting.
Finally got to watch the show today. It was bloodier than I expected (severed head snarling at them for example). And reading through the thread, I see several people complain it wasn't historically accurate....this shocks me.....people are upset that a show about time travelling super powered people fighting zombies isn't historically accurate :)
The thing about being accurate is actually something thatbothered me, you know. The fact that they change history is in theory completely fine, since it'safiction. But if one of the show interest is to depict heroes within a different temporal context, it has to be slightly accurate to make the situation believable. Or it'll look like a Power Rangers episode.
The feudal Japan episodegot me rolling my eyes because eveyonewas so clean, like the clothes are just perfectly clean. I can't believe the context of the story for one second and it breaks all the story.The armor of Ray for instance, I notice it got bruises and all. Yeah, that's good, because it could be clean all the time.

My main problem with the Japan episode was how they massively changed the timeline and just didn't care. Even if the writers didn't realize that "shogun" means "ruler of Japan", they still took a major feudal lord and killed his ash. That's the kind of thing they are supposed to be *preventing*. In a better-written show, they'd be spending at least the next episode pulling cleanup further down the timeline, so that their change doesn't lead to "Japan conquering the world" or some such.

Honestly, they probably should have introduced some kind of tech phlebotinum that lets them scan for ambient temporal chaos. Which is to say, a gadget they can point to and say "Okay, our actions in this time aren't having any reverberating effects, we can relax and head out". I mean, I certainly buy that minor changes ( or even major changes ) might not produce lasting alterations do to temporal inertia. Just, give me some good reason believe that the Legends care whether this is actually *happening*.

I don't recall seeing Emil Blonsky in this episode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"