Legends of Tomorrow DC's Legends of Tomorrow Season 2 Episode 8: “The Chicago Way”

Blitzkrieg

Avenger
Reaction score
Legends_of_Tomorrow_Poster_683x1024.jpg

LEGION OF DOOM – When a new Time Aberration is discovered by the Legends, they find themselves headed to 1927 Chicago. The Legends quickly realize that they have been set up by Eobard Thawne (guest star Matt Letscher), Damien Darhk (guest star Neal McDonough) and the newest member of the Legion of Doom, Malcolm Merlyn (guest start John Barrowman). While everyone is trying to help fix what they think is the mission, Jax (Franz Drameh) encourages a reluctant Stein (Victor Garber) to share his secret with the other Legends. Stein is taken captive and Sara (Caity Lotz) must make the tough choice of either stopping the Legion of Doom or saving Stein. Meanwhile, Rory (Dominic Purcell) gets an unexpected visitor and is not sure how to handle it. Brandon Routh, Nick Zano and Maisie Richardson-Sellers also star.

Ralph Hemecker directed the episode written by Sarah Nicole Jones & Ray Utarnachitt (#208).

Original airdate 12/8/2016.

I am looking forward to this. I cannot wait to see the Legion of Doom.

Indeed. I don't even care about the logic of why four powerful supervillains would be playing around with Prohibition-era mobsters. Why? Because they can, and its fun, and they get to dress up in snazzy 20s suits and be almost-public evil celebrities.

Cold is back! But unfortunately as a bad guy. Can't wait to see how Mick will cope with that. Gonna be an interesting episode.

Is it too much the ask, that as a fan of the whole Captain Canary pairing, that we may get some resolution/closure to that considering the circumstances of the pairs's final scene together from the previous season?

Chicago...Al Capone...it's hard for me to watch this opening and not think Boardwalk Empire.

Of course, Eliot Ness's role in stopping Capone is highly overrated.

It didn't happen originally Sara but it is part of reality now and it's not something you can just make disappear.

This is a fun episode. The episodes with Darhk and Thawne are always the best IMO.

They are totally setting up a romance between Amaya/Mick I feel like.

The Snart and Mick scenes are funny. Snarts voice at times, it is more exaggerated than on Flash :funny:.

This showdown was a lllooonnngg time coming.

Aside from the flashback in the 100th episode, Malcolm hasn't appeared at all in the current season of Arrow, right? Hoping we find out when and how he was recruited.

And something I like about these villains, it's not just one member of the Legion attacking the Legends at once, but tag-teaming. You don't get that with villains too often, especially during team-ups. But here, we've got Thawne, Darhk, and Merlyn keeping the Legends occupied, for the most part, at all times.

Okay, yeah, they're not called the Legion of Doom yet, but that's what they're being touted as this season.

I'm hoping we see Malcolms initial reaction to learning that he was teaming up with a past DD considering how scared of DD, Malcolm was.

The Legion of Doom showed that they are a threat to the Legends and the ending was interesting.

Either the Legends need Barry Allen's help or have the two Vixens team-up against Reverse-Flash.

Last edited:
Well RF is a threat, MM/DD have had their asses handed to them by the team (mainly Sara). They definitely need to make them more dangerous unless their power comes from recruiting people to do their dirty work.

Did Sara beat Darhk in a fight? I remember Darhk getting the better of her before when he was with the Nazis, but that is the only fight I remember.

DIdn't she beat him when she mocked him about his future failures? She could've killed him then and there but left him to go be recruited by RF.

She knocked a gun out of his hand, but I do not see how she could have killed him. He completely dominated her in their last fight and she had no weapon that gave her a significant advantage or anything. I think they are saving her beating him until the end.

If Dinah Laurel is to be in Legends, I wonder if her and Sara are going to take on Damian Dahrk together later in the season.

I would love to see that. I wonder will Darhk get his magic back eventually?

Last edited:
She knocked a gun out of his hand, but I do not see how she could have killed him. He completely dominated her in their last fight and she had no weapon that gave her a significant advantage or anything. I think they are saving her beating him until the end.

Yeah I just looked it up on youtube. Threw a star looking thing into his hand to keep him from shooting someone. The actual fight they had he beat her pretty easily. Which considering the fact that he was supposed to be pretty close to Ra's (if not equal), and gave Oliver a hard time in the finale last season, he better be shown to be her superior. No offense to Sara I love her but one thing I really liked about the crossover last week is that it showed Oliver is the best of the hand to hand fighting heroes since he had to fight 3 of them at once and was not doing badly at all.

good episode. moved up a gear.

malcoms motive is interesting. if he succeeds its basically a flashpoint for the entire arrowverse. Suppose Darks objective can be accomplished with team arrow out of the way. might we get a story line to that effect and sara has to fix the timeline see if she really means she would 'prefer to live a nightmare thats real than a dream thats fake'

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"