Legends of Tomorrow DC's Legends of Tomorrow Season 3 Episode 12: "The Curse of the Earth Totem"

NotNickFury

Superhero
Reaction score
When Sara (Caity Lotz) decides to take some private time, the Legends pursue a lead on the whereabouts of the long-lost Earth Totem. Without Sara’s knowledge, the Legends find themselves in 1717 to hunt for Blackbeard’s long-lost treasure, but in true Legends fashion things go awry. Meanwhile, Ray (Brandon Routh) feels guilty about something he has done and tries to make amends, which lands him in even bigger trouble.

[YT]xnC0BDZa_aM[/YT]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzXCl7SsjVI

Wally is already showing more personality in a 91-second clip than he has on Flash. I wonder why...As for Sara and Ava's issue with Rip, I just hope they don't belabor his wrongdoings which are bordering on shoehorned to prop up their current standings.

So Sara goes back to Star City...2018....for a date....she doesn't visit her father? Nothing about her doppelganger of a sister?

It really sucks that they can't get Megalyn back to reprise Vixen for an episode. If she isn't interested it may just be time to recast....

Is this the same way that Barry got drunk?

Really not a fan of making the Legends into a group of bumbling idiots wihout Sara around.

Last edited:
Really not a fan of making the Legends into a group of bumbling idiots wihout Sara around.

Personally, I think that any character that were personally molded and developed by MG are given special treatment where they are presented and propped up as the best of the best, hence why Felicity and Sara get so much love and attention.

Personally, I think that any character that were personally molded and developed by MG are given special treatment where they are presented and propped up as the best of the best, hence why Felicity and Sara get so much love and attention.

Sounds about right.

And to be fair, even WITH Sara leading the charge, they can still be a cavalcade of screw-ups.

One thing, though: Sara seems to think for some reason that everyone expects her to be normal...for whatever reason. With all Sara has been through, I doubt anyone ever expected her to have a normal life.

Personally, I have no problem with Sara being presented as the cool badass that she is on the show.

My issues mainly revolve on the fact that Sara's moments of triumph come at the expense of making everyone else look like idiots or incompetent.

Look at what happened to Rip's character. He went from being the renegade badass that brought these characters together to being usurped of his position and coming off as an incompetent person when in the presence of Sara.

Would it kill them to make the likes of Vixen or even Atom look like competent heroes and potential leaders as well?

So the Legends just caused a HUGE change in time and they don't even care? Oh come on.

The way they portrayed Sara in Legends while making everyone else look bad was the same problem I had with the original Teen Titans cartoon.

I have no interest in an episode that is influenced by the Pirates movies.

A lost opportunity for Sara to catch up on her father nor learn about Dinah Laurel's Earth-2 counterpart.

My favourite part of the episode was Wally and Rip! Seeing them sing "Careless Whispers" was hilarious!

Pretty cool episode. The Rip and Wally parts were the highlight tho.

Pirate Vixen and Sara kicking pirate butt!:yay: i'm reserving judgement on Wally. I was kind of happy Ralph replaced him on Flash, but he may fit in better here. being the only speedster on the show could help him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzXCl7SsjVI

Wally is already showing more personality in a 91-second clip than he has on Flash. I wonder why...As for Sara and Ava's issue with Rip, I just hope they don't belabor his wrongdoings which are bordering on shoehorned to prop up their current standings.

I actually enjoyed the wally rip scenes more than the others.

So Sara goes back to Star City...2018....for a date....she doesn't visit her father? Nothing about her doppelganger of a sister?

Arrow is in starling city, not star city (that's the flash neck of the woods)..
BUT it is strange there wasn't anything on say even a newspaper clipping about latest happenings.

Would it kill them to make the likes of Vixen or even Atom look like competent heroes and potential leaders as well?

I agree. It does seem they consistently dumb the rest down, just to make her look good.
But on Ray, what the heck was HE SNORTING doing that move???

So the Legends just caused a HUGE change in time and they don't even care? Oh come on.

And they didn't even wipe blackbeard's mind from his short stay on the ship!?!

best line of the episode, "hey you guyyysss!"

Fave parts were Wally and Rip bro-date, their duet is best of the Arrowverse so far. Sara/Ava's date was typical, ie, boring. But at least Legends salvaged that by showcasing the awesomeness that's Sara/Ava kicking butt together, and while Ava almost gave me Iris vibe, she pulled out of it. Nice of Mick being Amaya's rabbi, reminding her she's amazing without her totem which is really what makes any hero a hero. Between that, checking everyone's phone, seeing through Ray's lie (but not following through?), Mick is kind of the mother of the team. *lol* It was great to see Amaya put aside her burdens for bit and enjoy being Pirate Queen. Ray being Ray, I get why he did what he did, but then to stay just to get knocked out by Darhk instead of running the moment he got totem is why heroes can be so frustrating. I guess they thought Zari got enough screen time last week, so she gets shoved waaaay back again this week. Bottomline though, Curse of the Black Pearl was a mediocre movie and this homage reflects that, the many character moments saved this ep.

I loved Amaya as a pirate captain. I always enjoy pirates in general, so this was a nice treat.

But her English accent was kinda weak... :hehe:

You're wrong. Her English accent is her real accent. She's putting on an American one for the show.

[YT]A-edBuXh1O8[/YT]

Yup. There's quite a few brits on the show
Purcell (Rory)
Franz (Jackson)
Maisie (Amya)

Purcell is Australian but born in the UK.

[YT]hTqA9ywKFv0[/YT]

Wentworth Miller was also born in the UK, but like Purcell, moved to another country when he was young.

Keiynan Lonsdale is Australian.

Amy Pemberton (Gideon) is British.

[YT]D0cukdvGhRA[/YT]

So the Brits are:

1. Rip Hunter
2. Gideon
3. Amaya
4. Jefferson
5. Martin Stein

and Rory and Snart if you still want to count them

You're wrong. Her English accent is her real accent. She's putting on an American one for the show.

Yes, I was pretty sure Richardson-Sellers was British - and I verified via Wikipedia before posting. (Did you know she's got two degrees from Oxford? :eek:) IOW, I was making a joke. --> :hehe: ;)

Yes, I was pretty sure Richardson-Sellers was British - and I verified via Wikipedia before posting. (Did you know she's got two degrees from Oxford? :eek:) IOW, I was making a joke. --> :hehe: ;)

She sounds very learned and upper class.

Her accent on LOT as a pirate was a bit more lower class. She was deliberately trying to sound a bit more common, as it wouldn't be fitting for such a lady-like pirate queen who speaks with received pronunciation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"