Legends of Tomorrow DC's Legends of Tomorrow Season 3 Episode 13: "No Country for Old Dads"

NotNickFury

Superhero
Reaction score
When Damien (Neal McDonough) and Nora Darhrk (guest star Courtney Ford) take Ray hostage they force him to try and fix the Fire Totem, but Ray (Brandon Routh) tries to use the power struggle between them to his advantage.

Ray and Nora find themselves working together in 1960’s East Germany in order to fix the totem, but soon come face to face with a younger and deadlier version of Damien Dahrk.

[YT]5IhaFQjOqJA[/YT]

This episode is taking the camp to a whole nother level and I dont like it

What a coincidence. Director of the Time Bureau dies because he somehow cant hear his agents scream in the background while Sara's new girlfriend gets promoted to director so they can easily put Rip back in the fold.

Wally collecting a souvenir? Oh, that had to be a nod to Young Justice!

tumblr_m0jqr5dMUr1r6kemzo1_500.gif

Wow, I can't believe that I only now just realized that the actress playing Nora Dark is actually Brandon Routh's real life wife.

My bet for the Ava secret is she's an anachronism.

This was a fun ep that put the focus on the Darhks and it worked. They've been kind of meh, especially Nora. But this really defined them and have me rooting for the impossible, ie a good ending for Norah. These two could be as amazing as the Legion, especially as I still think Damien is playing Nora because that whole Vogal plot felt like an echo of the Darhks. As the doll's true significance is that it held the cold fusion formula so Nora is precious to Damien because she's got Mallus inside her. Was it me or was it refreshing to finally see Nora as her own person and not just Damien's slightly ridiculous sidekick?

Once again, I got bad shoehorned love interest vibe from Ava but then she left to do her job instead of hanging around! She's totally going to die in the finale and Rip will be back in the dog house with the Legends.

The balance of the Darhk family drama, Grodd, Mick in a tie-dye! and Wally learning what it takes to be a Legend ("we allow light to moderate theft on this ship" for the win!) continues to make Legends stand head and shoulders above the rest of the supes shows.

Yesterday's was pretty great between seeing the younger and older Darhk being badass, Wally's interactions with the team, Grodd, Darhk fooling around with the dating app and talking about his problems.

Wonder what Ava's secret is? Death, abberation, etc?

What do you think the Ava secret is?
Wonder what Ava's secret is? Death, abberation, etc?
I think Ava is Rip's daughter...Yes..I know he only mentioned having a son, but who knows.
It has to be something significant enough for Rip to be genuinely worried. I'm not quite sure how borderline this show would allow itself to be, but could/would Ava be Sara's daughter - or even, granddaughter? If that is indeed too borderline, then maybe Ava is a descendant of another team member? Imagine if she turned out to be Rory's great-great granddaughter?

I'd think this unlikely; Rip created the time bureau to fix anachronism and aberrations, it would ultimately be pointless to hire someone who is one.

Once again, I got bad shoehorned love interest vibe from Ava but then she left to do her job instead of hanging around! She's totally going to die in the finale and Rip will be back in the dog house with the Legends.
Either she'll die, or, if your theory is correct, she'll be erased from existence. It does make me wonder about these anachronism and aberrations though, because if time truly needs to be fixed (all of it) then surely that spells the end of life/existence for Lilly (Martin's daughter) too? She isn't supposed to exist.

Another good ep. Took awhile to get going and the heavy "Atom only" focus was a bit of a drawback but it closed well.

Rip created the time bureau to fix anachronism and aberrations, it would ultimately be pointless to hire someone who is one...It does make me wonder about these anachronism and aberrations though, because if time truly needs to be fixed (all of it) then surely that spells the end of life/existence for Lilly (Martin's daughter) too? She isn't supposed to exist.

As Nate might say, they allow light to moderate anachronism and aberrations to exist. Whatever the Ava secret is, Sara is going to have issues with it or Rip wouldn't try to hide it.

As Nate might say, they allow light to moderate anachronism and aberrations to exist. Whatever the Ava secret is, Sara is going to have issues with it or Rip wouldn't try to hide it.
Quite literally plot convenience then, because we all know that [hypothetically] the smallest of changes can have the most severe consequences.

Take Lilly; she might be considered minor, but in turn her existence may influence what'll happen with other people in the next 500 years. If she speaks to someone or invents something that wasn't spoken or invented before, we've suddenly got a much bigger problem.

What a coincidence. Director of the Time Bureau dies because he somehow cant hear his agents scream in the background while Sara's new girlfriend gets promoted to director so they can easily put Rip back in the fold.

It certainly was screwy that he couldn't hear a damn thing..

What do you think the Ava secret is?

Sara's daughter?? Grand daughter??

This was a fun ep that put the focus on the Darhks and it worked. They've been kind of meh, especially Nora. But this really defined them and have me rooting for the impossible, ie a good ending for Norah. These two could be as amazing as the Legion, especially as I still think Damien is playing Nora because that whole Vogal plot felt like an echo of the Darhks. As the doll's true significance is that it held the cold fusion formula so Nora is precious to Damien because she's got Mallus inside her. Was it me or was it refreshing to finally see Nora as her own person and not just Damien's slightly ridiculous sidekick?

I was laughing at the father-daughter spats, and like you, felt that it was refreshing to see nora in her own. I even got the vibe, there MIGHT be chemistry there between her and Ray.

Either she'll die, or, if your theory is correct, she'll be erased from existence. It does make me wonder about these anachronism and aberrations though, because if time truly needs to be fixed (all of it) then surely that spells the end of life/existence for Lilly (Martin's daughter) too? She isn't supposed to exist.

I don't see her being one, that big of an issue..

Really good episode. Ray Palmer's my favorite member of the team and it's rare to get an episode focused on him.

Routh has really good comedy chops, and it seemed like Courtney Ford does, too. They played off each other well.

This episode was mostly a showcase for Mr and Mrs Routh.

I don't know what is Ava's secret. It would be icky though if she's Sara's daughter or granddaughter.

I wonder why Rip, upon returning to the Waverider, never offers his condolences for the loss of Martin Stein? Rip recruited both him and Jefferson.

To Rip, Martin, Jax, all the Legends have been dead for centuries.

Honestly, they probably don't want to keep reminding people Martin is dead and Jax is off the team. Makes it harder to move forward with new members taking their place.

Maybe he didn't mention it cause its still too soon, OR he didn't get told stein died..

If Rip is from the future, wouldn't he have known that Wally would join the team eventually? Why didn't he recruit him from the beginning then?

It's as if it was an afterthought and that he decided that the Legends might be a place where Wally could fit in. It was not as if it was something he knew was already Wally's destiny.

We can't think like that, not really. If we did, then we'd only ever have one group of legends. Times change - and maybe the timeline changes too. Remember, the Wave Rider exists outside of time, and so anyone who's on there is merely, temporarily displaced.

To expand on that, as far as the future is concerned, Sara, Ray, Wally (etc) never leave their time - it's quite likely that Rip intended (or intends) to drop everyone off from where they were picked up at the end of their ride? We at least know Amaya is going home.

It could also be that some aberrations aren't chaotic to the timeline - similarly to Lilly still existing - maybe Wally being a member of the team is an acceptable change?

Just cause he's from the future, doesn't mean he knows everything that will happen..

I don't think the writers would make Ava the daughter or granddaughter of Sara. That's just nasty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"