Legends of Tomorrow DC's Legends of Tomorrow Season 3 Episode 14: "Amazing Grace"

I do find it strange they often keep leaving half the team behind each mission..

If you don't have the budget to feature your ensemble superhero team on their missions every week, don't make an ensemble show about a superhero team.

All the supes shows are teams even when they shouldn't be and are a detriment to the storytelling. Yet there they are, 4 shows about 4 teams, 5 if Black Lightning is the same. Legends at least is about a team and knows to rotate the characters or give the benchwarmers something fun to do. Heck Rory was again 1 of the designated benchwarmers this ep and his micro story was way more fun than plot A. Ultimately, I think if the writing is there, they can put anything onscreen and it'll be great. But when the writing isn't there, no amount of fan pandering or outsized team is going to hide the trainwreck.

Every show is an ensemble show in some way, and it’s fine when some memebers sit episodes out now and then, but the other DC shows only have one character in the title, which means they’re only guaranteeing one person who will be there every week when you tune in. It doesn’t matter who in their supporting cast sits out each week. The title and premise of this show center around a team (that’s not even very big) that we almost never get to see in full on any satisfying level. And they don’t even come up with any creative ways to take characters out of the action and instead leave us with these obvious “benchwarmer” storylines. I disagree that this is a formula that works.

A 7-member team is actually quite big and to see them in full on a satisfying level requires more than 43 minutes. Arrow and Flash are single character titles, yet it hasn't precluded their too large teams and shoehorned love interests from also appearing in every ep. The results have been less than mediocre. They would absolutely benefit from rotating their supporting casts.

A 7-member team is actually quite big and to see them in full on a satisfying level requires more than 43 minutes.
It really doesn't. Plenty of shows utilize larger ensembles all the time. It simply requires more budget to afford all the actors/characters in the big scenes, which is my main point - don't make a show about a 7-member team if you can't afford a 7-member team.

Arrow and Flash have been sucking for seasons now, both have way too large casts which are in every ep. Just because they can afford it doesn't mean it works. In fact, the large cast just highlights how terrible the writing has been and can't be ignored or hidden. Meanwhile Legends is doing fine. Arrow and Flash should take notes from Legends.

We just fundamentally disagree that Legends is doing fine, lol. For me it's tied with Arrow as the worst of the shows, and I have no desire to see the other shows take its lead on anything.

Agree. For me Legends is the best supes show, doesn't take itself too seriously, no shoehorned love interests, no soap opera, and is generally engaging. If nothing else, I would love it if Flash followed Legends and rotate the supporting characters.

Yeah, I think they are choosing to ignore the racial issues with time travel just like they do a lot of the obvious paradoxes and other time issues.

---Legends, as a Time Travel story, makes a great Superhero Series.:cwink:

If you want realistic Time Travel and Period-correct attitudes, go with "TIMELESS."

This was a weird and boring episode. One of the few they could've touched upon why time traveling for Black people wouldn't be that easy, particularly during certain time periods. They at least kinda did it with Jax and that slavery episode. The Elvis love was lame.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"