Legends of Tomorrow DC's Legends of Tomorrow Season 3 Episode 17: "Guest Starring John Noble"

NotNickFury

Superhero
Reaction score
Time to Make America Grodd Again.

With the timeline barely stable, the Legends must tackle two anachronisms at the same time to try and keep Mallus at bay. Sara (Caity Lotz) and Rip (guest star Arthur Darvill) team up to stop Grodd (guest star David Sobolov) from going after a particular target leaving Nate (Nick Zano) and Wally (Keiynan Lonsdale) to stop Amaya (Maisie Richardson-Sellers) from changing her future.

Meanwhile, the Legends think they have found a way to destroy Mallus, but they will have to create an uneasy alliance with one of their enemies.

[YT]sS4oNdZk9o0[/YT]

Why are they doing Obama? He wasn't the President in this verse....At least not during his original time frame.

I'm going to be so disappointed that Damien Darhk & Black Siren will never meet.

I hate when they do this over the topness. It just takes my enjoyment out of it.

Damien is the last person I want to see go soft.

Nate you are real dumb. REAL DUMB. She is from the past....knowing her future would put your future in jeopardy.

Even with Wally on this show..he is still treated horribly.

Last edited:
Sara had to know that Darhk would double cross her eventually. She can't be that stupid.

Side-note, this show's getting a lot of mileage out of Nate making these Man of Steel references. Also, Ava asking Rip how many clones came before her reminded me a lot of The Venture Bros.

Ava is Rip's daughter.
John Noble's scene was funny for the little bit of screen time that he got. Ray was telling him that Peter Jackson made these odd ball changes to the Lord Of The Rings script.:hehe:

Barrack Obama and Ray traveling to the Lord of the Rings set to meet John Noble are the highlights of tonight's episode!

Tonight's episode proves these writers are not suited for time traveling stories.

I can't believe Nate would cave-in to Amaya's mission knowing it would alter his and other Legends' existence. This is only because the actress playing Mari is either unavailable or refused to appear.

Also killing Damien Dahrk would likely bring the real Dinah Laurel back.

I didn't care for the uses of both young Barack Obama or John Noble.

Sara had to know that Darhk would double cross her eventually. She can't be that stupid.
On LOT everyone is that stupid. Like Wally telling Nate he'll stop him and then just... not.

This wasn't the best episode, but the Grodd jokes were funny. funny enough, I didn't remember John Noble being in Lord of the Rings.

"Run, Barry. Run." and the John Noble scene were my favorites.

That makeup on Amaya was... interesting.

Barrack Obama and Ray traveling to the Lord of the Rings set to meet John Noble are the highlights of tonight's episode!

I really enjoyed the conversation between Barack and Canary where she ended with a heartfelt, "I miss you."

"Run, Barry. Run." and the John Noble scene were my favorites.

That makeup on Amaya was... interesting.

I laughed hard at that, as well as Ray trolling pint-sized Grodd.

Also killing Damien Dahrk would likely bring the real Dinah Laurel back.
Actually, it wouldn't. Darhk (this Darhk) is a resurrected Darkh from after Laurel was killed.

Darhk killed Laurel
Ollie killed Darhk
Darhk was resurrected

Killing him (again) isn't going to change the circumstances of Laurel's death.

This wasn't the best episode, but the Grodd jokes were funny. funny enough, I didn't remember John Noble being in Lord of the Rings.
He was the Warden of that city - the one built into the cliffface - I can't remember it's name now. He played the father of Boromir (Sean Bean) and Faramir.

This episode convinced me that Legends should just be a straight up action comedy. I really like some of the self aware Deadpool-esque stuff. Some hilarious lines through out.

I think Booster Gold would be perfect on this show. I wouldn't mind seeing Gypsy on this too.

Start exploring the multiverse with Gypsy. I'd drop Steel and Vixen. Replace them with Gypsy and Booster.

Too much political commentary in this episode for me. I felt it was a waste of screen time.

Not enough time given to Rip, but I guess I'm the only one who misses him.

So now that Ava will be a member of the Legends in season four, that leaves the Time Bureau for Rip. But will he return to be a Director or have to start from the bottom again?

It was kind of odd how Barack Obama understood everything about the Time Bureau (even more than Sara in fact) in spite of having his memory of the Gorilla Grodd attack erased from his mind. It just didn’t seem like a normal reaction someone would have if a random stranger showed up out of nowhere & claimed to be a time traveler.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"