DC's Legends of Tomorrow Season 3 Episode 3: "Zari"

Discussion in 'DC's Legends of Tomorrow' started by NotNickFury, Oct 24, 2017.

?

Rate the Episode

1. 1

2. 2

3. 3

4. 4

5. 5

6. 6

7. 7

8. 8

9. 9

10. 10

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. NotNickFury

NotNickFury Well-Known Member

[YT]wUidXRYjIAo[/YT]

2. Pennywise

Pennywise Well-Known Member

That was pretty badass!

3. NotNickFury

I don't mind Sara doing the intro, but I still wish they'd just let Mick do it every time as long as he can take shots at the team and the show.

EDIT: Okay, Ray acknowledging that he's fought someone like Kuasa before. That's a subtle nod to the Vixen series than Oliver's line on Arrow about him and Mari having an animated experience or however that line went.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2017
  4. Pennywise

Metahumans illegal in the future? Interesting!

5. Primal Slayer

Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

Everyone in that room Gary is a civilian. Stupid line.

6. Primal Slayer

I hate that Amaya has to waste her time with Nate.

7. Dninx64

Dninx64 Well-Known Member

Maybe they should find out why ARGUS is like this before jumping in?
    Opening all the cells was not a good idea.

8. Primal Slayer

Isis in da house!

9. Pennywise

Nate was trippin!

10. Primal Slayer

I never understood why they have them touch their amulets as if its some magic button to activate the magic. Just wearing it should be enough.

11. NotNickFury

Now see, Legends can get away with this sort of continuous levity that I don't think works as well on something like The Flash, even though I did like the humor on tonight's episode. Plus, it's Nate tripping.

12. Primal Slayer

Nates annoying.

Cue classic "believe in yourself" superhero speech.

13. Dninx64

Dninx64 Well-Known Member

This bickering between the Legends and Time Bureau is getting old now.

14. Pennywise

Gideon saying "What a *****!" did make me laugh, though!

15. Jesse

Jesse Old Curmudgeon

Not a bad episode overall. Nate tripping out was a bit goofy though.

16. NotNickFury

That scene at the end could've been from almost any 80s movie featuring kids ever. That or the recent IT film or Stranger Things.

17. igoogol

igoogol Well-Known Member

Zari was kinda bland? But it is her first ep, and they did have a lot to do between setting up the ep's background, squeezing in the Time Bureau and giving each Legend screen time. Mick, Nate and Ray kept this ep rolling with fun. Nate actually wasn't annoying, and Gary is growing on me but he and the Time Bureau outstayed their welcome on this ep. Less is best. Sara is definitely meeting her matches this season or is that just me? Will be interesting if they did a 3-way fight between Sara, Sharpe and Kuasa.

18. Guard82

Guard82 Well-Known Member

I thought Zari was a little underdeveloped in her debut episode, but that could change in future episodes as the Legends get to know her more. I think she could potentially have some great chemistry with Mick in particular.

This episode had some good fight scenes and chase scenes, and I thought the basic concept of a totalitarian future society controlled by ARGUS was interesting, especially with the apparent bans on metahumans and religion. I just wish the episode spent more time on this plot thread, because it seemed like they sort of rushed through it because they needed to focus on other plot threads. Hopefully Zari joining the team will add something new to the team dynamic.

I'm pretty tired of the Nate-Amaya relationship. Their relationship was never very compelling for me to begin with, and it's only getting more tiresome as time goes by.

19. Lencho01

Lencho01 Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

I thought the episode was ok.

Was hoping they would look into why ARGUS was hating on metahumans.

I can barely remember the toon. Ray says he dealt with Kuasa before but he couldn't recognize her?

Same.

20. metaphysician

metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

I just assume this future period is an anachronism caused by the Legends. It conveniently explains why its utterly nonsensical, with Argus both going mustache-twirling evil, taking over the country(?), and being totally incompetent.

21. Dugath

Dugath Well-Known Member

I know "Metahuman" is a very general term but at begining of the show when they were called out at Metahumans..

I just can not get behind a moron with a Fire gun is a "Meta Human" what if someone else picks it up, guess they are a metahuman now and Mick is not.

Sarah who is just trained to fight would mean anyone trained to fight is a metahuman, guess that female agent is a metahuman as she fights as well if not better.

Ray I guuuueeessss could be classified as he actually has an entire suit.

BTW has he gotten.. I wont say dumber as he is still smart.. how about less wise.. year after year.. In Arrow he was no where near this goofy and naive, how he manages to not die is surprising. And I mean from his own team not killing him.

22. zenith16

zenith16 Well-Known Member

Good some one started talking about this; they been pushing this some what in the flash with Julien and other normal human's having fear of meta human's like those with mutant powers in the marvel verse

and what Japanese English voiced dubbed anime's like the science side of the anime called a simple magical index / a Scientific rail gun universe . the they have the same formula as the X-men on the Science side characters and they do call them there mutant's and the rogue half the magic side that like to commit crimes have carrying out
    Terrorist attack on both the science side and normal humanity. there's a video game coming out but it's cross over using mech 's for now

[​IMG]

PS Vita, PlayStation 4
    [FONT=&quot]20 minutes of A Certain Magical Virtual-On gameplay[/FONT]
    Published 17 hours ago. 14 comments.

have been doing prior to this in the live action flarrow verse.

cause half them turned to crime or were made to like when savitar created some of them and manipulated them. as to the magic user's there only certain type's that are consider meta magic users. and it has to be in their blood to some degree .

it's only been mentioned in three place where Dc's involved the comic's, the animated verse and video game verse's of DC .

source:http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Metahumans

here's the vidoe game part froma gamecalled Dc univers on line

Meta heroes gain their powers from their unique genetic heritage and are mentored by Superman.

source:http://dcuniverseonline.wikia.com/wiki/Meta
    &http://dcuniverseonline.wikia.com/wiki/Meta_Wing_(Watchtower)

here's the dcAu's
    source:http://dcau.wikia.com/wiki/Metahuman

where the flarrow verse is involved it hasn't been fully Explained or Explored /Defined properly yet. yet.

yes both my youngest sister and that watch both this show and the flash

came to the conclusion that this may have to do with what ever the tim,e maters did to hm as chronos they both mentally reprogrammed him , trained him , gave him high tech weapon and may given him abilties like the pilgram one of the time masters bounty hunters assasin's of the time master body. as rip said some of their members were given abilities where he was cause they were using him and they made clear in season 2 end that rip was manipulated from the point they made him a member and gave him a ship that he wasn't bright at all compared to his wife and he didn't show powers. it's possible that Rory likely the pilgram may have some abilitys but hasn't shown it cause it's dorment &some of his memory's are repressed

yeah the deal there is in the comic's any that uses the pit is a super human

they gain Enhanced strength which above normal human above average , and peak human strength but not above super human or Enhanced super human strenght. the latter of which is above class 100 tons strenght and they shown Enhance agility and intellect. but since the live action version of the flarrow verse has named the down side of what the pit grant's you the blood lust which doesn't look like that at all in the live action verse. sheand what thea used to have as that just look like snarling weirdow that let people allow them to kill them but other people can hold them down in group. in the comic's and animated series when the persion in in the maddness of just coing out of the pit after supposedly being near death no one , no one could hold them,down alone or in a group un less they are super human or are above normal human strength and they the person going through pit's madess are histerical like they are smiling while they are killing , there have been other portrail's of blood lust people in animated and animes too and the live action version via arrow doesn't look right at all . the blood luster are ether happy laughing people looking like they've lost their minds with happynessand getting pleasure in ki8lling
    while in arrow it just them growling/ and snarlaing.

anything good benefit wise like the thing's I mention that would make them meta-human were down played in the live-action version here in this universe where arrow was involved and this show as well and sadly the same was done with vandal savage who was able to smack the hell out of super man cause he had cave man strength added to that of the abilities he got asteroid's radiation that made him both smart and immortal and Ehancely strong.

with ray it's possble they may be pushing and this did happen in the comic's that his long term exposer to Dwarf star metal radiation will allow him to have his shrik powers with out the suit cause it got into his bloodstream. an in season one of the show of legends both him and professor stein hypothesised that this may have been the case with the hawks and Vandal Savage.

as too him being dumber his mental acuity went down him since being on this show and it was the same for others too. Sadly the writer like make the character desene

Last edited: Oct 29, 2017
  23. Guard82

Guard82 Well-Known Member

In the scene where four members of the team were attacked by ARGUS agents, only Nate was a genuine metahuman. Sara, Ray, and Mick definitely were not. So the only reason I can think of that ARGUS would try to arrest Sara, Ray, and Mick would be because they were harboring a metahuman (Nate). Since metahumans are illegal in this future world, I assume that it's also illegal for normal humans to shelter metahumans.

24. metaphysician

metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

Eh, trying to make sense of it isn't worth it. Best to just write it off as "stupid dark future is stupid".

25. Osiris-Rex

Osiris-Rex Head-Kick

Maybe having been dead and brought back to life also makes someone a Meta. So with two possible Metas the assumption was Metas hang out with Metas and all of them were Metas.
    Just the other two weren't in the data base yet. Arrest them all and let the people in a higher pay grade decide.