Legends of Tomorrow DC's Legends of Tomorrow Season 3 Episode 6: "Helen Hunt"

NotNickFury

Superhero
Reaction score
When the Legends track down an anachronism in 1930s Hollywood, they discover it’s none other than a time-displaced Helen of Troy and she’s just started a war between two film studios. As the Legends try to fix history and return Helen (guest star Bar Paly) to the Bronze Age, things get complicated when they are blindsided by the appearance of a former enemy.

Sara (Caity Lotz) contemplates an offer she is made, which would make the Legends leave the anachronisms be. Meanwhile, Stein (Victor Garber) and Jax (Franz Drameh) find themselves in an unusual predicament.

[YT]TWs3MFT4rpU[/YT]

Must be Tuesday :hehe:

Where's Mick? Is he still reading that vampire book?

!We going save Hollywood! Until the kardashian destroys it.... :hehe:

Liking this so far, but partially because I'm a sucker for old Hollywood. That and a lot of this reminds me of the first season of Agent Carter.

Is Sara going to die for the billionth time before being brought back again.

Jefferson must be the luckiest Black guy back then to be able to walk around 1930s America WITH a White woman and no one even bats an eye.

Themyscira's looking pretty barren right about now.

I have to wonder if that decision would have been in the cards even if Wonder Woman hadn't come out this year.

Damn! This was a GREAT episode! I'd give this a 9 if not a 10.

I have to wonder if that decision would have been in the cards even if Wonder Woman hadn't come out this year.

We saw a beach....lol..what more would you expect to see from the Amazons?

huh and look where Helen of troy is now...

A person or two? That's not too much of a stretch.

CHANGE: Although, now I have to wonder...how does dropping her off at Themyscira potentially, if at all, alter history? Doubt it'll come up, but it's interesting to think about.

Last edited:
They brought it up thankfully. She just disappears, no one knows where she is but the battle rages on. So history is saved (and they technically didnt have to do anything lol).

Pretty sure they showed the Amazon's city in upper left hand corner of the screen.

Wonder Woman has a sidekick Wonder Girl, who is Donna Troy. I wonder that should they bring in Donna Troy because of Helen of Troy.

Now we know Themiscyra and possibly Wonder Woman exist in Earth-1, along with Bruce Wayne.

Pretty funny seeing Professor Stein and Jax switch personalities and Amaya realize who her granddaughters are. I hope Amaya meets the current Vixen Mari before she's returned to 1942 once again.

I dunno, I think I'd prefer to see Donna Troy on that Titans series coming out- that and she was a member of the team.

To avoid mythology clashes between film and TV, the Wonder Woman of the Arrowverse should be based on the comics storyline Odyssey.

Let the mythology clash; isn't that what the anachronisms are all about? :p

The episode was mediocre...just like season two first Rip betrays them (the one where he is an evil UK soldier in the US war for independence against the UK), and now Sara is down (like when evil Rip tried to murder her in the same episode).

So when Rip returns in the finale, he will "redeem" himself.

Felt there was a little too much man bashing in the episode though.

But really appreciated the shout out to Heddy Lemar...recognizing her technological achievements which were vastly more important than her acting career.

Also liked the part where the Warner Bros. director is admiring Ray Palmer's looks and asking Ray if he had ever been in a movie and Ray saying he didn't think so.
(Brandon Routh played Superman in the movie "Superman Returns")

This episode did a MUCH better job in showcasing the female characters at their finest without being so on the nose about Hashtag feminism...cough Flash...cough.

This episode did a MUCH better job in showcasing the female characters at their finest without being so on the nose about Hashtag feminism...cough Flash...cough.

Ding ding ding! Sara, Amaya and Zari doing the heavy lifting worked because they have established background, power set and training for it. There was nothing forced about sidelining the guys while the ladies save the day with the guys coming in as backup. Also, Hedy Lamarr!!! I was so surprised they actually included her contribution to the world, that she was so much more than just a pretty face.

Kuasa turning out to be [BLACKOUT]Amaya's granddaughter[/BLACKOUT] was a surprise but if this means her village's terrible fate is changed, then it's not so bad?

Seeing Martin in the Firestorm suit was another surprise. It's great they gave Garber that moment before he leaves the show. And Franz nailed it as an OTT Martin.

A fun ep all around, can't wait for next week's to make for this week's lack of Mick.

The episode started out kind of dumb but it really picked up in the later half and the action kicked ass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"