DC's Legends of Tomorrow Season 3 Episode 8- Crisis on Earth X, Part 4"

Discussion in 'DC's Legends of Tomorrow' started by Pennywise, Nov 15, 2017.

?

What did you think?

1. 10

2. 9

3. 8

4. 7

5. 6

6. 5

7. 4

8. 3

9. 2

10. 1

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Osiris-Rex Head-Kick

Ratings for crossover and total viewers:

Supergirl -- 0.9__ 2.65 million
    Arrow ---- 0.9__ 2.54 million
    Flash ----- 0.9__ 2.74 million
    Legends -- 0.9__ 2.76 million

2. Gu3ree Registered

One question...but WTF...is this Eobard Thawne from Earth 1 that just joined Earth X, or is he a Reverse-Flash doppleganger from Earth X?

Got in the middle of the Earth-X crossover, and God...I hate the Supergirl show so much, but also hate this dumbass, CW soap opera crap. And with Flash lately...these 3 ridiculous doppleganger Harrison Wells, Austrailian, German and a southern American for the sake of unlaughable gimmicks...God, couldn't they at least make sense of the parallel universe? One Harrison Wells to be a dumbass, and not a genius, how are they completely different from each other? It's just too random and makes no sense.

But it does make at least some sense about the multiverse, similar world, but different/altered history--that I can buy. It's plausible--what isn't though is having 3 completely different versions of Harrison Wells. Not jsut the personality thing, but their life careers. An evil version of Black Canary I might understand, but I don't remember Black Siren's story background nor how it makes sense how this version is evil. If Wells was maybe an engineer on another earth, a scientist on another, and physician on another, but have more or less of the same personality, that would just be so much more believable.

But as to how and why Oliver and Kara are evil in this world isn't all that convincing to me...look at Injustice the video game, some of the heroes stayed good, including the Green Arrow himself...that's because this version of Green Arrow isn't a traditional one. Well he wasn't necessarily all-good, he wasn't sure what side he was on, and he made mistakes but he knew his heart was in the right place. You'd think if this version has a darkness inside him, and is also psychotic, then his doppleganger couldnt potentially be motivated or influenced somehow to be evil. So on that note, this evil Oliver on Earth X makes some sense. Supergirl though...I don't get it. You look at Superman though, in the stories we've seen of parallel universe Superman, we've seen and understood why Superman crossed over and went down a darker path. It was believable to say the least.

Still, the TV show, "Smallville"--their take Earth 2 makes even more sense than Arrowverse's Earth X. Clark was raised by Lionel Luthor, so duh, that made perfect sense how this Superman became a universal dictator. Psychologically, it made so much more sense than this CW crossover.

On Supergirl, THERE IS A MAJOR, MAJOR PROBLEM I am having with the show. I stopped watching for one reason...because of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RqVvnLEQoc 0:26 mark.

Notice how she did that again in this crossover event, during the middle of battle?

It was utterly stupid and ridiculous. PATHETIC. An embarrassment. Why...just why? Why does she do that in battle? UGHHHHH!

Now the plotlines in Supergirl I find interesting, and they have good visual effects. Problem though, too many of their stories are stolen from Superman. The alien bar idea was a stupid-ass idea. All these random aliens whom half of them, the writers don't even know about, and this alien bar just happens to be secret, and not even John Jones knows about it? After so many years. All of them in National City. It's bullsh**. Or stupid scenes like seeing Kara get drunk just for the sake of comedy. I'm all for LGBT rights however, on Supergirl, this LGBT push is a little forced. We don't need so much focus on Alex and her police girlfriend's relationship. Oh and Mon-El is ridiculous too. He's far too human for an alien. This is why I stopped watching in the middle of season 2.

But above all, Kara doing that signature pose is.....oh God...I can't breathe. CRINGE. CRINGE. What is wrong with them? It's embarrassing for the producers to think that is suitable to watch for the 21st century. It's embarrassing for me when my friends watch it with me. I think Supergirl is unpopular for a reason, that super-pose alone was stupid and LAUGHABLE. Netflix Marvel shows are so much more grounded. If the Supergirl series wants to be taken seriously, they need to stop it with the cheesiness. Watching Kara do that iconic pose for no reason, can't be taken seriously. That's one of the stupidest things I have ever seen. I feel like I'm watching a show which should be for 5 year olds.

Aside from that, I got tired of watching Supergirl because I simply wanted more Superman, and the way they treated Superman in the season 2 finale was unfair--yes, I did come back to the show to watch the finale because it had Superman in it, and I did enjoy the first 2 episodes with Superman in it, with the exception of the bank robbers shooting bullets at Superman and Supergirl--because they f***ing know it can't hurt them, so why do they do that?--IDIOTS.

But also, all these other DC heroes, whether in film or TV, they do spin-offs of sidekicks maybe, or other heroes that may not be as popular as others...and they just don't do Superman himself, but do a Supergirl show. How long has it been since we've had a movie that spent a lot time focusing on Superman and treating him as an important character?

Still though, in Supergirl, I didn't mind Superman getting the shaft in season 1, when fans were so angered by Superman congratulating Kara by defeating--I forget the villain's name--but when fans were so angry about it, I didn't mind it at all. It was very humble and very Superman, and it was Supergirl's show. But to forcefully attempt and make her out to be BETTER than Superman in 2x22 is forced and biased of the writers. Just to have him appear to say that Supergirl, is better than Superman--you just can't do that, it's wrong. "You're better than I ever was." To say that she is also physically stronger than Superman again just goes out to show how insecure their writers are, seemingly big fans of Supergirl.

And that line is something Batman would have said to Superman.

3. TheFuture Valar Dohaeris

Was keeping it together until Jax broke the news to Marty's wife and kid. Proper sobbing like an awful soppy fool. :csad: Props to the CW; beyond the usual minor gripes I have they did a great job across all 4 episodes.

Highlights were Firestorm, Rory, Cavanaugh as Reverse again, Leo Snart and finally seeing the rest of the legends turn up for the last leg.

4. Nathan Registered

And yet, not a single tear from Jax. It kept taking me out seeing Jax all sad, on the verge of breaking down, and yet his eyes are completely dried out. Give the damn man some eye drops, if he can't cry on command.

5. TheFuture Valar Dohaeris

Yeah I was sad and a little choked when Marty passed but jax and his lack of tears took me out of the moment, but the actresses who play Marty's family did such a great job that I lost it a little bit.

6. vantheman77 Superman Fan 4 Life

It is Eobard Thawne from Earth-1 who joined Earth-X.

7. batdude Registered

That did seem odd. Jax seemed more Mad then anything.

8. hopeless Registered

I was wondering if they'd reveal Eddie bonded with Ronnie becoming the Earth-X version of Savitar and because Eddie's stranded there so was Eobard since Eddie is his ancestor so he wasn't wiped from history just sidelined to a parallel Earth.

Would that work better?

9. kguillou Registered

Loved the crossover overall but one thing that really bugged me. Why the F did Barry just let Reverse Flash go at the end?? What was that about? He didnt even try to lock him up, just "go ahead, be free and dont let me catch you again doing these shenanigans again!" I thought that was a very odd bit of writing there.

10. Nathan Registered

Totally forgot to add that to the list of things that annoyed me. Seriously, what the hell?

11. flickchick85 Admin of Might

That was the worst part, imo. That was just so obviously a case of the writers going, "we don't want to deal with him right now." Peak laziness.

12. Nathan Registered

What are those people getting paid for? They couldn't come up with a quick scenario like Reverse Flash watches everyone from Earth-X get defeated, so he quickly creates a situation where the Flash has to decide, catch him or rescue civilians. Then with Flash busy rescuing civilians, he travels back through time again, to fight the Flash another day.

13. flickchick85 Admin of Might

Honestly, as each ep was written by the showrunners of each show, I think the quality of the eps fairly accurately reflected the quality of the shows this year. Supergirl's writing (under new showrunners) has been pretty solid this season, and their ep in this crossover was strong. Arrow was weak but serviceable, Flash was a little better, and this Legends hour was fun but lazy as usual.

14. vantheman77 Superman Fan 4 Life

The ones who got the shaft in this crossover are the following:
    Martian Manhunter - Appeared in 1 part
    Mon-El - Appeared in 1 part
    Speedy - Didn't appear
    Kid Flash - Appeared in 1 part
    Atom - Appeared in 1 part
    Citizen Steel - Appeared in 1 part
    Vixen - Appeared in 1 part
    Zari - Appeared in 1 part
    John Diggle - Appeared in 1 part
    Elongated Man - Didn't Appear
    Gypsy - Didn't Appear

Cisco, Caitlin, Wells, Wild Dog, Black Canary, Heatwave, The Ray, Citizen Cold, and Mr. Terrific appeared in 2 or 3 parts, but were not featured heavily like Supergirl, Flash, Green Arrow, Firestorm, White Canary, Alex, Iris, and Felicity were.

#89 vantheman77, Nov 29, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2017
  15. Osiris-Rex Head-Kick

J'onn J'onzz and Mon-El were in the scene where Supergirl was fighting the Dominator. They just never made it to Earth-1. Speedy, Elongated Man, Black Siren, and Gypsy were the only ones who didn't show up at all.

16. zenith16 Registered

so with this cross over I bet people are wondering howvthawn can still be alive ? I said this back in season 2v of legends and I bet people still didn't catch on . and nah I don't need a cookie but it would be nice but Isaid this back when season 2v ended on legend of tomorrow Aka lot . it was in myt asnwer to both Hero lee & Mqg96 back then BTW I asl said this inthe super girl and I think flash thread's

post#47
    page:2
    [/QUOTE]
    source:

Poll: DC's Legends of Tomorrow Season 2 Episode 17: "Aruba" ([​IMG] 1 2 3 )

17. zenith16 Registered

oh agreed perfectly said ait's always been that way too. I'mglad you said instead of me or metapyhsion. there thing they arrow show and legend can do to make that fix able but they don't seem to care and some people from fan base keep give those two a pass. be side's that, this is the perfect explanation for it all. Thanks for saying this and noticing .

18. Gu3ree Registered

I just finished watching the entire crossover. It's hard to say how much of it I liked as it's 4 episodes and they have soooo many characters, it's hard to follow. So many details.

First crossover they ever did with Arrow and Flash was decent. The story was clearer and easier to follow. It was simple.

2nd crossover, I enjoyed, and it had an interesting plot twist, though it was slightly overloaded with characters. But you were able to keep track of most the characters. I do miss having Malcolm in the show. Seeing enemies team up with each other is always fun.

Third crossover was disorienting. While the beginning wasn't a proper way to begin the crossover, as it wasn't really a 4-episode crossover when it began on Kara's Earth. I can't remember all the events. I enjoyed the Flash episode. But it felt so weird bringing Arrow into the fantasy world. I was a little disappointed that they merged Arrow's 100th episode into this crossover, though it was a nice way to get all the original cast members back. including Ray and Sara...but seeing them in an alien ship, hard to believe I was watching the same show as before. I can barely remember the way this crossover ended.

And Earth-X crossover...after having several of the DCTV characters collide with each other, I didn't expect to get too excited this time. I wanted to see Superman, and see them bring Batman and Wonder Woman by chance. I mean we get Supergirl, but we can't have Superman. It's not Justice League though.

Things that were off to me though...Captain Cold's relationship with...who's this gold glowing guy? No explanation to who this is. I'm sure I might have heard about him in the DC guide book, I just wish DCTV didn't go for B-superheroes. They need to make everyone gay? I didn't mind Sara and Alex's thing though.

Some bad CGI of flying Supergirl. I don't remember them providing a good explanation for why Earth X's Kara is evil...but why was Oliver evil too? Did I miss something?

I lost some of my interest in these DCTV crossovers because there's no Superman, Batman, Wondy, Aquaman or Green Lantern, when they have all these other big characters and smaller characters, yet no Superman, it all feels incomplete. I just feel like Superman is an important part in the DC universe. Excluding him upsets me. I just feel like it's time they did that. That being said, they would need to have Batman and Wonder Woman too, to make it work. Because just Superman, Supergirl, Green Arrow, and Flash...I'd feel like there's not a perfect balance.

Similarly like the third CW crossover, I would forget about certain characters, like the ones that were trapped, Wild Dog, Canary and Heat Wave, that's because there's so much going on in this four-parter, and the story is too long.

The way Earth-X Kara spoke was kind of silly. I couldn't really sit through the funeral scene at the end. It wasn't that bad though.

Something about Tom Canavagh playing all these characters though. Maybe he's played too many alternate versions of the same character.

Even though this was the original Reverse-Flash we know and love from the first season of The Flash, I felt conscious of the guy's acting. I felt like he wasn't the same. I didn't feel the same intimidation when he was present probably because he has played so many different versions of Harrison Wells, but this would be the original Eobard Thawne.

Gradually though, over the course of watching Flash, and some of Legends season 2, I got used to the "real" Eobard Thawne Reverse-Flash played by the blonde guy. I mean they always seemed different to me even though they were one guy, and the first time, it was just Eobard pretending to be Harrison Wells. But I always missed that incarnation of the Reverse-Flash.

Out of all things in this disoriented 4-part crossover, the aspects I enjoyed the most were about Flash and Reverse-Flash colliding with each other. I want to see him continue to cause trouble for Barry. I like him the same way I like Malcolm Merlyn as one of Green Arrow's greatest foes...shame they killed him off.

I really don't know what else to say but I feel like I got lost. I may have to watch it again, but I'd rather not. What happened to the Nazis on Earth-X?

19. ZIPBAGS Registered

Overall I enjoyed the crossover, but I wouldn't be a comic fan if I didn't nitpik. So here it goes...

-No Superman. :(

-Needed a better explanation of how Eobard came back.

-Worst of all was Barry just letting him go at the end. WTF?!?

-I am all for LGBT rights...But for goodness sakes sometimes its just too much. Although Rory's line at the end "Did you hit that" was great.

-No Superman.

-So basically The Ray and Firestorm are the same characters...The both fly, shoot fireballs and glow when they fly. Firestorm can do so much more and they never show it.

-Why did Snart stay on E-1 and Ray (his BF) go back to E-X when he is also from E-1?

-Should have gotten the actor who played Eobard back.

Not going to rip on the effects or why a lot of characters were held back...we know budget. Also, it would have been interesting if they would have show E-1 Ollie and Kara wondering if their was a connection between them after seeing their evil selves.

20. Gu3ree Registered

On one note, I liked that we were seeing the Wells version of Reverse-Flash again, but I thought this was going to be an Earth-X Reverse Flash, and not Earth 1's.

...Why was there no Barry Allen on Earth-X though?

Ideally, I thought we'd see Barry travel to another Earth that had its own Barry Allen/Flash and Reverse-Flash but with a different twist. Ideally though, there should be several Earths with Barry Allen's and Eobard Thawne's. I thought it would be an interesting twist to see how another world would have a similar history, and a version of Eobard Thawne where he also disguised himself as Harrison Wells.

At the same time, I'd also be interested in seeing another version where they have Flash and Reverse-Flash on another Earth, only where this version of Thawne never disguised himself as Harrison Wells. Different suits, different world. I'd be interested in seeing that.

Also, I think it'd be cool to see an evil Barry Allen from another Earth, and slightly different suit. Same colors though. Maybe where this Eobard Thawne is the good guy, but they both wear the yellow and red suits, but look different from Earth 1.

I don't like seeing an Earth that is somehow precisely opposite in every way, e.g. the dopplegangers being good instead of bad.

Unless it has some slight difference involving the history that make their timeline different from Earth 1, then something like that, better explains how and why there's somehow an evil Barry Allen, and a good Eobard Thawne. But Eobard Thawne would still have to be from the future on that Earth.

For the record, say that Eobard Thawne is supposedly a genius on all parallel Earths, but is insane. Just on one Earth however, the history is different, Flash is an evil person, therefore Eobard does not idolize him, but instead wants to be the one to stop him. Same motive, he just wants to be better, only difference is that Barry Allen is a bad guy. I think that would be an interesting dynamic to see.

We know that before Thawne turned evil, he idolized Flash, he wanted to be like Flash, but he was obviously insane, and when he found a way to time travel only to learn about what he was destined to be, he let that define his own legacy.

21. igoogol Registered

Ugly cried over Martin and Jax, hope Miller returns as Citizen Cold, Ray returning would be good, too. Wish they'd tell us how he ended up on Earth X though. KF strutting her powers, about time. RF...why, Barry, why?! Also, what's with RF? He was so run of the mill henchman why bother having him as the speedster counterpart. And why wasn't Diggle invited to the wedding?! Ray saving Supergirl was cool, and Nate's comment about steel saving steel...nah. This wasn't the epic finale to the crossover I hoped for, it was just ok. Part 1 was probably the best one.

22. Loki882 Registered

Evil Nazis Quentin Lance actually came across as the most despicable villain of all imo. When he:

Reveals that he killed Earth-X Sara because she was bisexual, and called her "filth," wow that was so cruel. And it's one of the few times that Sara is immediately noticeable affected by something that her dad said.

Also he's the closest that the Earth-X Nazis get to feeling like actual Nazis (the rest of them feel more like generalistic fascists than specifically Nazis.

23. metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

I think its because Thawne is a mess, temporally. Barry's not going to kill him, and imprisoning him is most likely to do nothing, because of his messy timeline of predestination. So, he lets him just flee, since nothing he's willing to do right now will keep Thawne from just popping up again at some point like a bad penny.

24. InCali I got a pUpgrade!

I rather like these crossovers. I've been getting a little bit out of sorts with the individual shows. They've been pushing the limit for me recently and not in a good way.

I haven't been watching Supergirl (can't they just use "woman"?) for awhile, because I thought Melissa was a terrible actor. They did this thing where she got all cocky, got this smug look on her face, and put her hands on her hips just before she got knocked on her @$$ (for example).

I was pleasantly surprised at how much better I thought she was. Maybe she's improved as an actor or maybe the writing got better, but I thought she did a really nice job. I like the team up stuff (generally speaking and if it's done with characters who aren't.....oh never mind).

25. shabadoo25 Registered

It's easy to make a more than credible argument that Melissa may be the best actor on any of these shows.

#100 shabadoo25, Nov 30, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2017