Legends of Tomorrow DC's Legends of Tomorrow Season 3 Episode 8- Crisis on Earth X, Part 4"

They can't use Superwoman because in the comic books Superwoman is a different character. Just like Batwoman and Batgirl are two different women.
Currently in the comic books Lana Lang is Superwoman and Kara Zor-El/Kara Danvers is Supergirl.

It's easy to make a more than credible argument that Melissa may be the best actor on any of these shows.

She's certainly one of them. Heck she's the one SG cast member who did well pretty much from day one (the others became really good, but it took a few episodes for them to get a handle on their characters).

-Why did Snart stay on E-1 and Ray (his BF) go back to E-X when he is also from E-1?

Especially with Miller insinuating that he is no longer going to be playing the character.

I rather like these crossovers. I've been getting a little bit out of sorts with the individual shows. They've been pushing the limit for me recently and not in a good way.

I haven't been watching Supergirl (can't they just use "woman"?) for awhile, because I thought Melissa was a terrible actor. They did this thing where she got all cocky, got this smug look on her face, and put her hands on her hips just before she got knocked on her @$$ (for example).

I was pleasantly surprised at how much better I thought she was. Maybe she's improved as an actor or maybe the writing got better, but I thought she did a really nice job. I like the team up stuff (generally speaking and if it's done with characters who aren't.....oh never mind).
I actually think the crossovers are some of her weakest performances, tbh, because some of the writers/directors of the other shows don't know how to handle SG (like, for example, Arrow director James Bamford making her do that stupid "hero pose" at inopportune times in almost every scene of the Arrow portion in this crossover; and they gave Overgirl THE most cringe-worthy, cartoonishly villainous dialogue of the whole affair). The SG writers/directors utilize her so much better, understandably (they no longer make her do that pose at stupid times, for example - just when she's at ease/in light-hearted moments). She's had some truly GREAT emotional stuff (and comedic) on her own show since the early days, though. I now genuinely believe she's the strongest of the DCTV leads.

Last edited:
Especially with Miller insinuating that he is no longer going to be playing the character.

Unlike some actors, this is one that they actually want to stay around so I can see them trying to pursue him to come back sometime in the future and the easiest way is to keep Leo on E1.

Evil Nazis Quentin Lance actually came across as the most despicable villain of all imo. When he:

Reveals that he killed Earth-X Sara because she was bisexual, and called her "filth," wow that was so cruel. And it's one of the few times that Sara is immediately noticeable affected by something that her dad said.

Also he's the closest that the Earth-X Nazis get to feeling like actual Nazis (the rest of them feel more like generalistic fascists than specifically Nazis.

Nazi Lance should've been the real threat instead of having to continue to play henchmen to any Oliver. He was so evil and scary, it was a waste not to have more of him.

I actually think the crossovers are some of her weakest performances, tbh, because some of the writers/directors of the other shows don't know how to handle SG (like, for example, Arrow director James Bamford making her do that stupid "hero pose" at inopportune times in almost every scene of the Arrow portion in this crossover; and they gave Overgirl THE most cringe-worthy, cartoonishly villainous dialogue of the whole affair). The SG writers/directors utilize her so much better, understandably (they no longer make her do that pose at stupid times, for example - just when she's at ease/in light-hearted moments). She's had some truly GREAT emotional stuff (and comedic) on her own show since the early days, though. I now genuinely believe she's the strongest of the DCTV leads.

Just as I think Katie Cassidy really shines when she is able to play characters with some attitude and that have witty one liners, Melissa shines in the total opposite direction. She does a great job of playing light hearted, comedic Kara. She isn't her strongest at having to play evil. I didn't mind her performance that much as Overgirl but it wasn't her best, though I can't blame her to much since the writing just wasnt there for the character.

Last edited:
OK episode, except the sequence where Earth-X takes its ultimate weapon, the Nazi Waverider, along with Evil Supergirl, to waste ammunition attacking defenseless civilians.

The more interesting storyline would be to attack military targets to suppress Earth One's ability to retaliate, especially when they have their own Supergirl. And it would be a wiser use of ammunition.

Plus a better action sequence with Evil-Arrow and Evil-Supergirl fighting and destroying the US military. More exciting too.

But it was cool to see all the DC superheroes walking towards the advancing Nazis.

A sad but fitting send-off for Mr. Garber. Wish they did something similar for Rip.

Last edited:
UJust as I think Katie Cassidy really shines when she is able to play characters with some attitude and that have witty one liners, Melissa shines in the total opposite direction. She does a great job of playing light hearted, comedic Kara. She isn't her strongest at having to play evil. I didn't mind her performance that much as Overgirl but it wasn't her best, though I can't blame her to much since the writing just wasnt there for the character.
Well, I don't necessarily agree there, because I love her more dramatic moments on SG, and I loved her as Red!K Kara, and I thought she had a few good moments as Overgirl here. She certainly differentiated her character's voice and mannerisms more than Stephen Amell did, who was basically playing the same ol' Oliver just with different goals and more resolve. As you say, the writing for Overgirl just kinda sucked. Assuming Overgirl still spent many of her formative years on Krypton and NOT under Nazi rule, they had an opportunity to make her a more complex, interesting, 3-dimensional character, but they clearly had zero interest in that.

Last edited:
sadly lfor some people (some I see this both in front of my face in person and in written form) that pose is what super man is known for, while other's have always used that pose as reason to hate on him ,cause that's what superman does when ever a norml a villain (sorry street thug nit even a villain ) can't hurt him with a noraml gun and that what they use as basis as their complaint.

it's a very weird animal that pose, in it's self & what it has created for the man of steel and his cousin
s super girl & power girl and cconner super boy. in away way it was a reference as much as ther other's.

but it's something that's also dis liked just as much and some what corny. but it's something mostyly complained about in way that make him seem smug to certain people.

and why also it's something used as complaint in video games as well that he's hard to make cause he can't be harmed cause of the donner movies. that pose is attached to him not being able to be harmed and him bing unrelatable .

it's a very loaded thing that pose . very loaded.

Last edited:
Well, I don't necessarily agree there, because I love her more dramatic moments on SG, and I loved her as Red!K Kara, and I thought she had a few good moments as Overgirl here. She certainly differentiated her character's voice and mannerisms more than Stephen Amell did, who was basically playing the same ol' Oliver just with different goals and more resolve. As you say, the writing for Overgirl just kinda sucked. Assuming Overgirl still spent many of her formative years on Krypton and NOT under Nazi rule, they had an opportunity to make her a more complex, interesting, 3-dimensional character, but they clearly had zero interest in that.

In the comic books infant Kal-L landed in Germany in 1938 and was raised by Adolf Hitler, becoming Overman. Overgirl was later cloned from Overman. Not sure why a clone would be female, but that's comic books.
If this Overgirl is true to the comic book origins she was probably raised in a lab where she spent her waking hours being indoctrinated. So she would probably be cold and robotic, lacking in emotions or empathy.
She never really even seemed to reciprocate the love X-Arrow had for her. So maybe they were trying to make this Overgirl seem like the comic book version of Overgirl. Looking at it from that point of view it
seemed an accurate depiction. I'm not sure we were supposed to like her or feel sympathy for her. She was evil incarnate. She was meant to show 38-Kara what happens to someone without a heart.
"Why do you care if I take your heart? You're not using it."

In the comic books infant Kal-L landed in Germany in 1938 and was raised by Adolf Hitler, becoming Overman. Overgirl was later cloned from Overman. Not sure why a clone would be female, but that's comic books.
If this Overgirl is true to the comic book origins she was probably raised in a lab where she spent her waking hours being indoctrinated. So she would probably be cold and robotic, lacking in emotions or empathy.
She never really even seemed to reciprocate the love X-Arrow had for her. So maybe they were trying to make this Overgirl seem like the comic book version of Overgirl. Looking at it from that point of view it
seemed an accurate depiction. I'm not sure we were supposed to like her or feel sympathy for her. She was evil incarnate. She was meant to show 38-Kara what happens to someone without a heart.
I don't think they had any intention of going with her comic book origins. Overman wasn't mentioned, and she literally said "her pod landed in the Fatherland." They deliberately painted the picture that she had the same origin as Supergirl, just landed in Nazi-world instead. And yes, I know what they intended, I just think it was dumb, and would have been more effective if she had NOT been a cartoon villain. If she was actually a person, just a less humanized Kara due to her giving up whatever humanity she had on Krypton during her time growing up on Earth-X.

I also have to wonder how the hell Earth-X Oliver became the führer on that Earth instead of her because he was definitely the soft one in that relationship, lol.

Last edited:
I don't think they had any intention of going with her comic book origins. Overman wasn't mentioned, and she literally said "her pod landed in the Fatherland." They deliberately painted the picture that she had the same origin as Supergirl, just landed in Nazi-world instead. And yes, I know what they intended, I just think it was dumb, and would have been more effective if she had NOT been a cartoon villain. If she was actually a person, just a less humanized Kara due to her giving up whatever humanity she had on Krypton during her time growing up on Earth-X.

I also have to wonder how the hell Earth-X Oliver became the führer on that Earth instead of her because he was definitely the soft one in that relationship, lol.
truth be told former captian Lances sara's dad'sdoppelgangerr was more ruthless then any and all the ones that actacked earth 1. and claim to be the over all boss's of the nazi's .

lol earth X oliver bothered to have conversation with guadian /yeah he still killed him, but he actully listened to him and cared aboutthe flag that earth X guardian was wearing . if it was earth X Lance hower ....

truth be told when she said that . the onlynthing that came to my mind was that ther eare other reality/ earths swith a kara in them according to whar earth 2 dr.well's said to all of them in star labs and ther are all still around , there are 53 of them and thats the same for the others too. so why'd they come to earth one? why didn't get a kara from each earth? why was she so speacil she's not earth one kara of which harry said she's around but just hasn't been seen yet.

was it cause it's where reverse flash/ Eobard thawn was from?

there's other earths to geta kara's hear from too and them attkaing the wedding didn't make sense cause they sure didn't do it cause they hated the idea of an interacial marrage. that'snot what came off of them

they were thereto get a device call the prism but they just went to the wedding all of sudden. which even baffled Eobard.

it was more like they did it to ruin the romance or romantic idea of the wedding .

Last edited:

Exactly why I hate Supergirl and why I stopped watching.

Exactly why I hate Supergirl and why I stopped watching.
Well as I said, it's quite a different show from the early days now. She kills it with the dramatic stuff, imo. Recently they had an episode essentially dealing with her repressed memories of witnessing the destruction of her planet firsthand and subsequently being trapped in a pod in the vastness of space and just how terrifying and traumatic that actually was, and Melissa rocked it. There was another recent episode where she found out there's a cult that worships her and bastardizes the religious teachings of Rao from Krypton to do so, and the way she played how downright unsettling that was for her was great, and surprisingly nuanced for The CW I thought. Basically any episode that drudges up her past on Krypton in a major way (and there's been several now) is usually a winner, especially in terms of the acting, imo. The only stuff that's come close dramatically in any of these shows for me was the stuff with Barry's mom in Flash S1, but based on those performances, Melissa's just the stronger dramatic actor than Grant, imo. But he does alright. Certainly better than the dude who plays Jax here. To me, that guy is The Weakest Link easily. I've felt that way since his Flash days.

Last edited:
Honestly coming to think of it...this crossover was pretty bad. Captain Cold's partner guy...who was he? He was a B-character. I don't remember them explaining how he got his powers...but he was from Earth One.

Winslow...or what was his name again? The guy from Supergirl, but the Earth-X version, didn't like that he was leading an army, nor did I care for his attitude. Not to say his acting wasn't good though.

The Earth-X story wasn't plausible. I just don't understand. This Oliver Queen must have had the same origin to an extent, perhaps getting stranded on a island, and also learning archery...but how should he? How was Kara on this Earth? As in other Earths, Green Arrow and Supergirl didn't coexist with each other.

I might be able to understand en evil version of Kara is she was raised by Nazis. But an evil Oliver Queen? I thought at least he would have stayed good.

How does it make sense though that Oliver Queen learns archery on Earth-X, being raised by a Nazi invaded Earth?

I thought Oliver would have at least been a protestor and vigilante fighting against the Nazis.

There wasn't any character background provided as I recall.

As many pointed out, I'm all for LGBT rights, but jeez...even Captain Cold and his super partner had to be gay? It just felt forced. This LGBT push. I mean we had enough gay characters, they have to make more gay people just for the sake of having gay people. Really annoying.

Why does this Captain Cold (I hate that name so much)...why is Snart a good guy? Adopted by better parents, or they died? But why does he make a cold machine gun? If he was a genius engineer, that might make sense, that he would still create such a device. Yet this Cold knows Heat Wave...what a coincidence...I mean if they both weren't bad guys on this Earth, then how would they have ever met?

The Earth-X story wasn't plausible. I just don't understand. This Oliver Queen must have had the same origin to an extent, perhaps getting stranded on a island, and also learning archery...but how should he? How was Kara on this Earth? As in other Earths, Green Arrow and Supergirl didn't coexist with each other.

I might be able to understand en evil version of Kara is she was raised by Nazis. But an evil Oliver Queen? I thought at least he would have stayed good.
Honestly, an evil Oliver Queen makes more sense to me than an evil Kara, because we can assume he was raised as a Nazi since birth. While Kara, if her backstory more or less lines up with Earth-38's Kara (which they implied it did), would have only been there from age 13 onwards. She supposedly would've had a different upbringing and very different set of morals at one point.

Eh, spend your teen years on being told by everybody that your a god and you can and should do what you want, it will eventually lead to bad things. Especially since s3 of Supergirl has kind of established that Kara *does* have a bit of an arrogant god complex.

Honestly coming to think of it...this crossover was pretty bad. Captain Cold's partner guy...who was he? He was a B-character. I don't remember them explaining how he got his powers...but he was from Earth One.

Winslow...or what was his name again? The guy from Supergirl, but the Earth-X version, didn't like that he was leading an army, nor did I care for his attitude. Not to say his acting wasn't good though.

How does it make sense though that Oliver Queen learns archery on Earth-X, being raised by a Nazi invaded Earth?

I thought Oliver would have at least been a protestor and vigilante fighting against the Nazis.

There wasn't any character background provided as I recall.

As many pointed out, I'm all for LGBT rights, but jeez...even Captain Cold and his super partner had to be gay? It just felt forced. This LGBT push. I mean we had enough gay characters, they have to make more gay people just for the sake of having gay people. Really annoying.

Why does this Captain Cold (I hate that name so much)...why is Snart a good guy? Adopted by better parents, or they died? But why does he make a cold machine gun? If he was a genius engineer, that might make sense, that he would still create such a device. Yet this Cold knows Heat Wave...what a coincidence...I mean if they both weren't bad guys on this Earth, then how would they have ever met?

Ah yes the whole "forced" argument. Sorry but it's hard to take your argument seriously once you pull that nonsense.

We have very few gay characters on these shows relative to how many characters there are overall. And even less in the crossover. There was nothing wrong with making the Captain Cold from another Earth gay. It wasn't "forced" in the slightest.

If he were straight, this argument wouldn't be being made, simple as that.

Bear in mind this is Legends of Tomorrow, a CW show. Don't expect anything Emmy worthy anytime soon.

In fact, given the ratings, this will probably be the last season of the show.

I actually wouldn't mind if the concept of Legends of Tomorrow comes to an end. I'd rather have them as a Superhero team in present time, than constantly hopping through time and ****ing things up.

Ah yes the whole "forced" argument. Sorry but it's hard to take your argument seriously once you pull that nonsense.

We have very few gay characters on these shows relative to how many characters there are overall. And even less in the crossover. There was nothing wrong with making the Captain Cold from another Earth gay. It wasn't "forced" in the slightest.

If he were straight, this argument wouldn't be being made, simple as that.

Sorry, I disagree. It felt out of place, and didn’t seem to serve any purpose to the story other than it being about having more gay couples on the show for the sake of having more gay characters. Curtis, Alex+Maggie, Ragman who left Arrow, the police captain of Central City, and Sara who is bi. Oh and Nyssa. I think there’s been more than that. A few guest stars.

Overall a VERY WELL DONE crossover event.
Kudos to the cast and crew for their fine work.
BRAVO!

Sorry, I disagree. It felt out of place, and didn’t seem to serve any purpose to the story other than it being about having more gay couples on the show for the sake of having more gay characters. Curtis, Alex+Maggie, Ragman who left Arrow, the police captain of Central City, and Sara who is bi. Oh and Nyssa. I think there’s been more than that. A few guest stars.

Are you also offended by the straight couples? Iris & Barry, Oliver & Felicity, Diggle & Lyla, Martin Stein & Clarisse, Joe West & Cecille, Cisco & Gypsy, Winn & Lyra, Kara & Mon-El, Nate & Amaya, Wally & Jesse.
Are there also too many straight characters in straight relationships? I'm just trying to figure out if you are anti-relationship or anti-gay?

So, I rewatched it all even the arrow episode I missed(cause I stopped watching for good reason ) cause my other sister the younest not the onethat had the operation and that was is still recovering and doing ok right now) that love watching the cwtv show minus arrow, taped them on our family's pvr.

Anyways what Earth kara said is that her parent senther to the father land and that why she ended up the way she did . now to most peopel, this would mean or they'd think she had the same upbring the kara we know does.

But with what she said and the fact that earth X kara's parent knowingly sent to her to an earth ruled by nazi's of all places means there was something off with them mentally too. And it kinda remined me of the justlice league god's andmonters where the justice had super man wonder and bat man but they were moraly /ethically .standerly and integrally different from the heroes we know besides them not being clark it was alatino superman with Zod's gene's wonder from new genesis , which was orion's wife from most realitys.

And the one we know as man ,in noraml relaity as batman. Who all had no problem being killers and saying it was justice. and alot people like the god's of new genesis were acting corupt/ villain like.

So if that the case it's possible that earth X kara's parent's wern't becon's of hope at all and raised her differently since they knew they were sending her to messed up planet and they sent her to the father land there as they over said it .

That in father land if what they mean by father land meaning germany under rule of the Nazi's

So, I rewatched it all even the arrow episode I missed(cause I stopped watching for good reason ) cause my other sister the younest not the onethat had the operation and that was is still recovering and doing ok right now) that love watching the cwtv show minus arrow, taped them on our family's pvr.

Anyways what Earth kara said is that her parent senther to the father land and that why she ended up the way she did . now to most peopel, this would mean or they'd think she had the same upbring the kara we know does.

But with what she said and the fact that earth X kara's parent knowingly sent to her to an earth ruled by nazi's of all places means there was something off with them mentally too. And it kinda remined me of the justlice league god's andmonters where the justice had super man wonder and bat man but they were moraly /ethically .standerly and integrally different from the heroes we know besides them not being clark it was alatino superman with Zod's gene's wonder from new genesis , which was orion's wife from most realitys.

And the one we know as man ,in noraml relaity as batman. Who all had no problem being killers and saying it was justice. and alot people like the god's of new genesis were acting corupt/ villain like.

So if that the case it's possible that earth X kara's parent's wern't becon's of hope at all and raised her differently since they knew they were sending her to messed up planet and they sent her to the father land there as they over said it .

That in father land if what they mean by father land meaning germany under rule of the Nazi's

Maybe the Krypton-X was also ruled by their equivalent of Nazis.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"